Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Probable line-ups:

1. FC Nuremberg: Kampa - Nikl, Kos, Sanneh, Wolf - Müller, Larsen, Jarolim, Krzynowek - Cacau, Rink

Bayern Munich: Kahn Sagnol, Linke, R. Kovac, Lizarazu - Salihamidzic, Hargreaves, Effenberg, Jeremies - Elber, Pizarro

Referee: Hellmut Krug (Gelsenkirchen)

Hmmmm hey Frank, isn't the referee from the same area where Schalke is?

·
Registered
17,550 Posts
Yes, the ref is from Schalke :) but as he is a German ref he isn't biased, if we are worldclass somewhere then it is when it comes to referees ;).

After half-time we are 2:0 up (Elber & Pizarro) but are lucky because Nürnberg has chances aswell.

Btw, Leverkusen 1:1 (also lucky) and Schalke 1:0 down (lucky aswell for them :D). So all three top clubs are lucky, but we are the ones with the points :D.

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
Bayern won 2-1 ,Bremen crashed Schalke 3-0 and Koln snapped a late 2-1 win over St.Pauli.........Leverkusen drew with Hamburg 1-1..........its a chance for dortmund to close the gap on leverkusen.good good results today:)

·
Registered
194 Posts
i really want to see bayer win it...i somehow dont like dortmund that much...

well what a great result ....for us ...ot top it schalke lost...it's all in our hand now...

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Honestly, we were VERY lucky to come out with a win from there. In the first 10-15 minutes, I saw Bayern running in numbers forward and after each ball. I thought to myself then that this Bayern showing it's mean face at last and not playing shy away. Our goals were lucky ones too and we have to thank Kahn for saving us on so many occasions. The guy was really a monster in goal today:D I mean seriously, there were these few minutes in the first half in which they relentlessly fired at the goal from every angle and Kahn was punching and firsting every ball away. I think Kahn got so annoyed with the penalty against us, he just gave it away and did not even try to jump :D He must have said to himself: "after all these saves I have to concede a goal again on a Phucking stupid penalty kick" :D Toward the end, they had a clear chance in which Kahn saw no defender covering up the lost man behind them, he had to go out of his area and defend instead :D He made the angle more difficult for the the forward and Sagnol, I think, cleared the ball from the line. That was a really scary moment! :dazed:
Seriously, Kahn was the man of the match by far and should get full marks for a man-like outstanding display.

As for the rest of the team, well after the first ten minutes they were just back to their normal selves. So ill confident and lack of vision and control. I was so confused after they had a man down. It looked as if they were an additional man on the field and Bayern the team with less men.

I also declare Linke as the funniest player to watch at Bayern this season :jester:. I mean what sort of school taught him how to defend?

As for Niko Kovac, I have one award for him, the Oscar award! :star: I mean for God sake, when you dive, at least make it look less obvious :rollani: !!!! The boy dives at every change he gets, even when no one is around him. What a pathetic purchase...:mad:

We wasted a few chances on the counter that should have handled them better. I am tired of holding on to my heart everytime I watch Bayern this year. Such teams should be sweeped with Bayern's assembled team and class and yet we struggle here and there.

Nevertheless, I am glad we scrapped through this one and got the hard earned three points. Being a hard core Bayern fan, It was not enjoyable waiting for that final whistle, I almost died. (Note: I was watching the game on tape-delay!)

I predicted Schalke would fall down in Bremen and they did. I am happy we used up the chance and got back to controling our own destiny. I have also predicted Dortmund would lose tomorrow to Lautern. This will leave us two points behind Dortmund and with a chance to take over second also. I Knew few weeks ago that the big teams will stumbble in the last 4 rounds because of the schedule but I guess Bayern were not able to use that chance, losing too many precious points on the road and at home, when they should have been clear winners. The two points lost in Bremen in overtime were one of those :(

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, next week will be very crucial to Bayern's UCL chances. We play Hertha who are a point behind us at home and we must win to stay in control of that spot. Schalke and Dortmund have easier ties playing home to Nürnberg and Köln. If we win, and we must win, then we will get distance ourselves from direct competition beind us. Hertha have been one of the in-form teams and it won't be easy. Playing home will be an advantage for us and we need to use that. If we win, then the next week we go to Wolfsburg, not an easy task either, but Schalke would have to travel to Berlin and play Hertha, a team with a superb home record this season. Thus, they are hopefully due to lose at least two points, and a a win for us will give us 3rd place. We have a superior goal difference to both those teams and even Dortmund. :)

Dortmund (61):
K'lautern (A) :star:
Koln (H)
HSV (A) :star:
Bremen (H) :star:

Bayern (59):
Hertha (H)
Wolfsburg (A)
Rostock (H)

Hertha (58):
Bayern (A) :star:
Schalke (H) :star:
Leverkusen (A) :star:

Schalke (58)
Nürnberg (H)
Hertha (A) :star:
Wolfsburg (H)

·
Registered
428 Posts
We were a little bit unlucky with that penalty. Not every ref would call that a foul but nonetheless it was a typical Robert Kocac thing. The guy is simply not smart enough to not push from behind inside the box. World class defenders push before the striker tries to make the a header. If you see a cross coming then do the dirty tricks but not when the striker is close to havin' contact with the ball.:D And to make it worse today's sitiuation wasnt too dangerous and Robert fouled more or less by accident.
Thats what I love about him and Kuffour.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts