·
Registered
7,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Matchday 2 so far...

Hannover 96 - Energie Cottbus 0-0
Werder Bremen - FC Schalke 04 1:1 (0:0)
Hamburger SV - Karlsruher SC 2:1 (1:0)
VfB Stuttgart - Bayer Leverkusen 0:2 (0:1)
Hertha BSC - Arminia Bielefeld 1:1 (1:1)
Borussia Dortmund - Bayern München 1:1 (1:0)
1899 Hoffenheim - Borussia M'gladbach 1:0 (1:0)

Hoppendorf alone on the top. :rollani:

God, so many shit teams and we play 2nd division. No, sorry... I can't get over it.

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not dreaming, just trying to cope with reality... but it's not working yet. :D

And it's annoying how the big guns in German football and Premiere are licking Hopps arse week in week out.

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Any why? Just because this single club will have success or do you think it wil be good for other teams? Give any other club that amount of money and they will have success.

·
Registered
17,550 Posts
Having top clubs in Europe will make the German league stronger and more attractive for big players. And if Bayern doesn't win the CL I am all for any other German club to win it each year :pp.

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We're leading Wolfsburg with about 25 minutes to go.

Still time for us to blow it easily.
And you've blown it. Come on, a 2-0 lead. Pretty poor defending before the 2-2.

And Sestak scores again.

·
Registered
353 Posts
It's bad news when Bochum take leads, because as you well know from our games with Nurnberg last season, we don't bloody keep them.

Schalke next, yay.

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
err.. we also never got the lead in the real shit games last year. :D

·
Registered
19,999 Posts
H/T:Mönchengladbach 2-0 Bremen

Mönchengladbach are dismantling Bremen with some very good attacking play. Matmour opened the scoring from a pinpoint Marin throughball and Friend made it 2-0 with a very good directed header from a perfect Ndeng cross. Marin has shown flashes of pure class. His passing at times is just perfect precision. What a player he looks and can become. Who is Diego?

·
Registered
13,606 Posts
3-2 for Monchengladbach now in the injury time. Borussia has 3-0 lead but then Werder scored two...

EDIT: Full time 3-2 agree with Maturin about Marin. I first noticed him last season while Borussia was still in 2. Bundesliga. Very exciting young talent. With hard work he could easily go on to become one of the best wingers in Europe.

·
Registered
19,999 Posts
Finished 3-2.

Mönchengladbach just about deserved the victory. Bremen much better second half and tested them but Mönchengladbach always looked like they could nick another goal. Baumjohann made it 3-0 with a strong, surging run taking out many players before keeping his head at the end with a good finish. Pizarro scrambled one back for Bremen and Diego scored a trademark freekick right on the edge of the area. Effortless. Apart from that the contribution from Diego was distinctly average. Alberman was impressive for Mönchengladbach and Daems done well at the back.

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Diego had minimal training after returning from Beijing, today he was subpar but it was a poor collective effort from Bremen. Marin looks a superb player as mentioned, but Bremen really shot themselves in the foot today - three turnovers resulted in three goals for M/Gladbach which must have Schaaf pulling his hair out.

I was flicking between this game and the Dortmund game, BVB's central defender Subotic looks quite the player. Tall, strong and good on the ball, only 19.

·
Registered
19,999 Posts
EDIT: Full time 3-2 agree with Maturin about Marin. I first noticed him last season while Borussia was still in 2. Bundesliga. Very exciting young talent. With hard work he could easily go on to become one of the best wingers in Europe.
Think as times goes on he could be employed as AMC. He looks to have the game for it rather than staying out on the wing.

·
JESTER OF SORTS
21,015 Posts
Good day, even though Schalke won.

Dortmund squeaked an 1-0 win over Cottbus, I saw the whole BMG game, it was great, match of the month potential. :D

Poor Hoffenheim got crushed though, 5-2. But what a comeback by Hamburg to win 4-2!

·
Registered
353 Posts
Schalke could and should had scored more today, we were lucky to only lose 1-0.

Week off now before Bielefeld come to town; if we were to lose that then I would be concerned.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Think as times goes on he could be employed as AMC. He looks to have the game for it rather than staying out on the wing.
in the youth teams Marin was an OM/playmaker (you can see this in his outstanding passing), he turned into a winger at the senior level cause Gladbach simply needed one.
Now he can play pretty much everywhere in midfield (strong with both feets), LM, RM, OM etc.

He really proved his reputation of being one of the greatest midfield talents in europe and why he was already nominated for the NT before the EC despite having just played in the 2nd league.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts