Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I should`nt really be complaining about 2-0, but that ref was horrifying! Salgado, after he got the yellow, got fouled in a red card fashion! That ref just gave up Sweden as my 2nd team in euro! Damn the swedish refs!

P.S: If any of you remember when in 1978, I think 78, spain tied with brazil so it meant brazil adavanced. But, there was a goal that was diallowed cause it never crossed the line but it really did! That ref was swedish!
Conspiricy or conicendence?

·
Registered
86 Posts
You're totally wrong here. First of all I think the Swedish referee in the Real Madrid - Bayern game had every right to be satisfied with his performance. There will always be at least one or two situations when you disagree with a referee's decision.

Secondly, the referee in the 1978 game Brazil - Spain was Italian Sergio Gonella. Sweden played in that same group as Brazil and Spain and of course there couldn't be a Swedish referee in that game!

------------------
Webmaster
http://worldcup.socceralliance.com

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
I dunno about all those OLDY things, but the ref really lost control in wednesdays game - it was fairly obvious. And because of that it got ugly and boring. Also I think there was a easy way to stop alll of it - give a red card to both a Madrista and Munchenista( :)) hehe. Seriously though, I think that would've brought peace back to the game.

M

·
0 Posts
SPANIARD, you really messing up the facts. The game you talking about was played in Mexico'86. Brazil won that game 1:0 and it's impossible to tell whether the ball crossed the line or not even with the aid of TV replays after studying the episode from multiple angles. What do you expect from ref, who had a split second to make a decision? And overall he did ok. This one, from Real's game, should have brandished couple more yellow cards to the Bayern players and that's about it. So, don't be too hard on Swedish refs.

But if you wanna pick on one that got to be Fredriksson. In '86 he ignored 2 clear offsides when Belgium scored twice against USSR, and in '90 he let Maradona get away with using his famous right hand when he cleared the ball from the goal line also against...Russians.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have seen here that you don`t understand the situation of these refs. For example. When Roberto Carlos got a yellow card for a challenge he made just outside the bayern box and got a yellow, was a clear free kick. Then Kahn, who deserved all those booes, came out and got into buissness that was`nt his and was`nt told anything by the refs. If you are a real fan, you show emotion over a yellow card in the position cause it means more than a yellow in this case. We have no karanka and no salgado for the next game so we have to show emotion if we loose another that will mean looking to our bench. There were alot of calls that should`nt have been made by that ref.

M

·
0 Posts
Almost agree with you, but then, perfect refereeing is such a rarity these days. Nevertheless, we all've seen a lot worse than that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts