Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In a relevantly nice match for the abilities for both of the teams.
Bulgaria played 3-5-2, while the Ukrainians were at 4-5-1. We pressed them in the beginning, and in the first five minutes they could not pass the center. We counted on long (as time) passing in the central field, and sudden passes to the forwards. Than they tried several slow attacks, but our three central defenders stopped them because they could organize themselves better. The danger was from the counter attacks. We possessed the ball most of the time leaving only one player on the back. We seeked for combinations in front of their penalty area- the central forward received the ball with his back turned to the opponent's door. That slowed our attacks because he played the ball slower than he should have done it. The other striker received the ball more often when he reached speed, he was left two times alone against the goal keeper, but he missed because of his total lack of though: the first time he was on the left closing the angle to the door, but he shot with his right leg in some odd way (he should have done it with the left one), the second time he shot above the door. There was also another chance missed by him after a cross from the left wing.
The first chance, however, was for Ukraina. In the tenth minute Sheva used a double pass with one of the other players and went along to Zdravkov in the right part of the penalty area. Our goal keeper showed great reflex and saved. Sheva went alone to him three more times, but in none of them he succeeded to score. They were all pretty good chances. And all of these attacks came from double passes which found Andrij on speed invading into the penalty area. At the 55 min he opened the score finding a crossing from Luzhni from the right. After this goal the Ukrainians closed the game, and totally went on counter attacks. In one of them Sheva was going alone to Zdravkov, but one of the defenders caught up with him, took the ball, and ran forward. Sheva held him they both fell on the ground and Andrij felt some injury in his head, so he went out.
At about the same time entered two more players from Levski who started pressing the opponent in their half. Ukraina had no more chances. We used fast passes in the center of the field seeking for open areas, which we could find about twice till the end of the match. First Aleksandrov kicked the ball from outside the penalty area, and found the right post. Then again he missed one on one against the goal keeper.
PS: I hope you enjoy this EclipsE. That's especially for you :) .

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
Wow!! Sound like you guys played a sound game against the Ukrainians. Too bad Aleksandrov didn't score, instead of hitting the post. Hmm, also your goalie (from what you wrote) had a great game stopping Shevachencko alone so many times. Not too many goalies can do that. Do you think this game (even though it was a loss) is a positive thing for the Bulgarian National team?? Did they play better than before.

PS. Hehe thanx giani, I guess you saw my "request" in the Milanmania forum eh?

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This game prove very positive for our team because we showed development. Now we pass better, and by this we find more free space for our attacks than before. The game was very open with about the equal amount of chances for goals. But we obviously have a problem in the front named Todorov who I think is not experienced enough to play among the starting squad, besides, there are better players than him in my opinion. And Balakov has his great contribution for this new team. He played a full 90 mi match today, and showed his skills once again. Now when Stoichkov is gone we found our real leader. :) And as about Zdravkov he was great four times, and at the fifth the mistake was only his. He lacks confidence since he had awful experience in the past.
PS: You are right.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rebrov came in the second half. He played as attacking midfielder in the center. And his performance was disappointing. He showed great dribble, but he shot several times, which made the people at the stadium laugh. And his passes did not impress nobody.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, he is overrated, and I can not agree with most of the Milan fans who tell he is the best opportunit for the future. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts