Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At this time of the season, when the clubs look after reinforcements and to get rid of unwanted players from their squads, it's not unusual to see teams change completely with a well-conceived transfer campaign. Two or three well-chosen reinforcements can really turn things around for a club.

And looking at the Vai Vém do Mercado thread, some transfer campaigns already look more impressive than others.

São Paulo and Corinthians were the clubs that invested most heavily on reinforcements. The updated Timão – with Fabio Costa, Adrianinho, Rodrigo and Regis Pitbull – looks more interesting already, getting some sorely-needed leadership and quality in key positions. And São Paulo, now under new management – with the manager who built the dazzling 2003 Goias: Cuca. :cool: And they went shopping for some good players, guys like Cicinho, Fabão, Grafite and Welber. I'm curious to see what Cuca will set up for the Libertadores.

Bonamigo is still finding his footing at Atletico-MG and I'm not sure how many of the new players were actually appointed by him (maybe JCamilo knows more). Outside of Gaucho (decent defender) the others aren't familiar.

Santos lost Fabio Costa, and I don't know who will replace him. Will Doni end up in Santos? :eekani: But apart from that problem, they had a smart transfer campaign. Santos finally signed the decent striker they needed so badly in the 2nd semester (Robson "Robgol"), an excellent defensive midfielder that will offer new options for the coach (Preto from Bahia) and some decent players for depth (Basilio and Claiton). If Santos signs a good keeper to replace Fabio Costa, they're all set for 2004, and stronger than in 2003. :thumbsup:

After that, all you see are isolated good signings... Atletico-PR signing Marinho (who would be welcome at Botafogo anytime)... Fluminense hiring Romario's buddy Euller (The "Son of the Wind" ;) )... but so far, the transfer season has been featuring mainly young players. The clubs have financial problems and many of the star players still haven't realized that the market will not pay the inflated salaries from the '90s anymore. :greed:

·
Administrator
30,062 Posts
it is not said who Bonamingo asked - but seems like he is in touch with Atletico for two months, so he must know about the names previously...
As for the vallue...well, Atletico needs building a group, then they are fine. Gaucho and Adriano, the two defenders are young, i prefer this than trying with Scheidt or alike. This Adriano is a good name, the only name I vallue in America-MG (which is a very good source for players)...
As Cicinho,today, Atletico managed to won against him and take always the "liminar" that allowed him to go to Sao Paulo, Next chapters ahead...
I just want to Say, Corinthians do not impress me at all

·
Administrator
30,062 Posts
he is with sao paulo because he already won there. The problem is the abuse of such law - Cicinho can not left Atletico without paying something but the law here allow them to left and make the clubs wait years to receive their part...Saddly, this may hurt a good law...again...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts