Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

Can somebody say which annual budgets has Serie A clubs like Sampdoria, Udineze, Chievo, Lecce... :confused:
In other words medium clubs, which not participate in Champions Legue.

·
Registered
45,474 Posts
Mmmm.... that's a difficult question, Myshko. It's always difficult to evaluate a precise budget of the clubs. Since getting a football club means most of times losing money much depends on the the money a chairman wants to throw into his passion.
I have heard and read that our new chairman (from 2002), Garrone, who owns ERG (petrol), has the same potential of Moratti, but he is not going to spend (and waste) the way Moratti did. He has even said this in the past and Moratti, who was definited "fool" by Garrone, did not appreciate. :tongue:
Yet, Garrone is spending and investing some money into Samp, and that makes us the medium club with the best budget for sure.
You probably know the financial problems of Lazio and Parma... Udinese simply invest on unknownyoungsters from all the world, hope that they become champions and sooner or late have to sell them. Their budget is very limited, but their managemet is really smart.
Chievo Verona's budget is very little, they indeed are surviving thanks to a mechanism similar to the one of Udinese but they are forced to sell the players soon after they get some success. The future of Chievo is to disappear in some years, the chairman Campedelli knows it and that's why he is thinking to a fusion with Hellas Verona, who are by far the main club of Verona and have many more supporters, even if they are in serie B.
Lecce's budget is similar to that of Udinese (probably a bit less) and they invest on unknown youngsters from all the world also.
Modena's budget is very limited: they have more or less the same players they had 3 years ago in serie C plus lots of loaned players (3 from Sampdoria!).
Bologna's budget is more or less the one of Udinese, but the owner (major actionist) is famous for saying "I cannot buy players cause I'm the one in serie A who pays what he has to pay" referring to Roma and other clubs who are full of debts... Indeed Bologna is, together with Juventus, Sampdoria, one of the few clubs who did not need the help of save fooball decret.
Reggina have a limited budget, but probably better than many of the clubs I already described, since they have some good players and own most of them.
The same goes for Brescia.
Empoli is a little club with few money investing on youngsters coming above all from big Italian clubs youth teams and from his own youth teams (the team Primavera of Empoli was one of the best Italian clubs some years ago).
Perugia's chairman is Gaucci, but the club is indeed owned by the banks (99%). They invest on youngsters again coming from all the world and from the other clubs of Gaucci in serie B, C and lower categories.
Ancona is a crappy club with no money, the chairman has no money at all and they get crappy players above all over 30 and most of times just on loan.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks very much Tony.
Great review!!!
But.. Can you say values, even aproximately.
Why I ask?

In Ukraine president of our second club, Shakhtar Donetsk said suggestion - prohibit participation in Ukrainian league for clubs which budget less then 15 millions dollars.
I have feeling that in world and even in highrated leagues are clubs with less budget.
This man are like Moratti :greed: - has alot of money, buy alot of new players, but not have success. Every year Shakhtar has big shame in Europe, although has good players. :mad:

PS. I think we can fulfil Ariana request and add Udinese to list of safe clubs. :happy:

·
Registered
45,474 Posts
Myshko said:

In Ukraine president of our second club, Shakhtar Donetsk said suggestion - prohibit participation in Ukrainian league for clubs which budget less then 15 millions dollars.
I have feeling that in world and even in highrated leagues are clubs with less budget.
Mmmm... unfortunately I have not precise data on the budgets but I guess that 5-6 Italian clubs of serie A have not 15 millions dollars as their budget. :tongue:

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
polaris said:
Siena saved some money by using Juve's old shirts :D

what is the deal with that anyways. Maybe you know, Toni?
Juve's true colours are Pink...;) Notts Country came and gave you the idea of the Bianconero shirts...

Siena has always been Bianconero....

I can just see the Juve players in pink...it would remind me of Palermo...my dads team...:howler:

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
GaGa said:
Juve's true colours are Pink...;) Notts Country came and gave you the idea of the Bianconero shirts...

Siena has always been Bianconero....

I can just see the Juve players in pink...it would remind me of Palermo...my dads team...:howler:
:howler: :howler: ..No Lifer...:D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts