Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'Ello lads, I've got a question for you all about the four Bucharest clubs. I'm looking to have a dip in the Romanian league on CM as I have nothing better to do with my time but I'm just wondering if one of you could tell me a little bit about each of the four (Steaua, Dinamo, National and Rapid) under these headings?:

Financial Status;
Usual league position (ie. title contender, mid table, relegation battlers);
Star players;
Usual formation

Thanks a lot!
- khimik :thmbup:

·
Registered
69,969 Posts
Steaua:

-Title contender

-Star players: Radoi (df), Munteanu (mf), Neaga (st), Dica (offensive mf), Dumitru (right mf) and Hamutovschi (gk)

Dinamo:

-Title contender

-Star players: Fl.Petre (right mf), Danciulescu (st), Niculescu (st), Grigorie (offensive mf) and Margaritescu (mf)

Rapid:

-Title contender (Maybe not historically; but recently)

-Star players: D.Niculae (st), Maftei (df), Ilyes (offensive mf), Maldarasanu (mf), Sabin Ilie (st) and Burdujan (st).

National:

-Mid table or European positions

-Star players: Caramarin (offensive mf), Mitrovic (st), McKain (df), Coman (left mf) and Gabriel Popescu (mf)

About the financial status, other in this forum can help you better than me. And about the usual formations, the teams will change some players in December and January, especially Dinamo. But we can post the current usual formations if you wish.

·
International
9,682 Posts
Let me clear it up for you:

Dinamo: cheating communists
Steaua: communists
Rapid: used to be the team of the National Railway Company. Not anymore, but the Transport Ministry is still somewhat financing them, which means that I as a tax payer am paying for them. :yuck:
National: used to be the team of the National Bank. They have as many fans as you have fingers.

You mean CM or FM? If it's FM, then forget about Bucharest and take charge of Poli AEK Timisoara. The average attendance of 30 000 will help you.

·
Registered
25,440 Posts
Steaua used to be the army's team, now they are a private owned club (they became FC Steaua) and their only link with their past is their stadium.

They also have a young striker, Andrei Cristea, who is promising.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
David said:
You mean CM or FM? If it's FM, then forget about Bucharest and take charge of Poli AEK Timisoara. The average attendance of 30 000 will help you.
This is CM4 with the 03/04 CMSorted update :).

·
Banned
324 Posts
GICA, Can you please tell me the website where you get this info
I believe it will be in Romanian, but its alright.
:cool:
I will probably learn it as I follow up on Rapid anyway. LOL

·
Registered
69,969 Posts
Sorry, I don´t find the link, but where I read the info they just said the result and the goalscorers.

·
Registered
6,804 Posts
David said:
Let me clear it up for you:

Dinamo: cheating communists
Steaua: communists
Rapid: used to be the team of the National Railway Company. Not anymore, but the Transport Ministry is still somewhat financing them, which means that I as a tax payer am paying for them. :yuck:
National: used to be the team of the National Bank. They have as many fans as you have fingers.

How is Steaua or Dinamo communist??

Becali is anything but a communist - I guess you were referring to the 80's when all team were "communist". If so you are stuck in the past...

About National, it's a pitty it doesn't have any fans cause they have some good players. Perhaps Becali should buy the team, and transfer all the good players to Steaua and make it a truly powerhouse in Romania, like in good all days...

·
Registered
918 Posts
Speaking of National, I was watching the news on TVRi and they were saying that Iorgulescu wants to move National to Craiova. It's possible for the two teams to merge since Craiova is looking for a new owner and National needs fans. National is getting sick of the little support the team is getting in Bucharest and Craiova is getting sick of not beeing able to compete with Steaua, Dinamo, Rapid. Seems like a perfect merger. Of course there are problems. Craiova fans will never go along with the name of "National Craiova", so it will never happen unless Iorgulescu gives in and agrees to use Universitatea Craiova as the team name.

·
Registered
6,804 Posts
Gonzo77 said:
Speaking of National, I was watching the news on TVRi and they were saying that Iorgulescu wants to move National to Craiova. It's possible for the two teams to merge since Craiova is looking for a new owner and National needs fans. National is getting sick of the little support the team is getting in Bucharest and Craiova is getting sick of not beeing able to compete with Steaua, Dinamo, Rapid. Seems like a perfect merger. Of course there are problems. Craiova fans will never go along with the name of "National Craiova", so it will never happen unless Iorgulescu gives in and agrees to use Universitatea Craiova as the team name.
Anything is possible when it comes to Craiova. A team that used to be world-class in the 80's has reached the worst shape ever both physically as well as from a managerial perspective. National can provide some good players
However, it looks like Steaua plan to buy 4 new players soon, and I have a feeling one might be Caramarin...

Steaua is on the right track. Dinamo keeps on selling, but Steaua has learned its lesson...

·
Registered
25,440 Posts
I don't think National and Craiova will merge, the Oltenians are too proud. Plus, both teams are historical clubs in Romania.

Who do you think Steaua should buy?

·
Registered
918 Posts
My wish for Steaua would be to get either Plesan or Caramarin and then another good defender like Fl. Moldovan or McKain. In addition Mansour from Poli Aek could be a great bargain. He could develop into a really dangerous striker. He is only 19 and is the leading scorer for Poli AEK.

·
Registered
25,440 Posts
Becali said he wants only Romanian players, therefore Caramarin and Plesan could be real targets. However, Steaua should also consider the Romanian players from abroad like Alin Stoica, Marius Mitu, etc.

·
Registered
6,804 Posts
Caramarin and Plesan would be the best choices. Caramarin is a mature footballer. PLesan can prosper at Steaua and reach his form again. As for Mitu I am not too crazy about him...Steaua does not need mediocre players. They can get somebody of Mitu's calibre anywhere....Stoica would be OK though.

Becali only wants Romanian players, and that's a good thing...(Hamoutovski rocks though)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts