Xtratime Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We all love Luca Bucci and he is a great servant to us, but since Christmas he has been worrying me. In the last 8 games, yes our defense has been woeful, but i feel Luca has been at fault for at least half of the goals we've conceded in this time, coming in the following 5 games:

Round 21 Parma 2-3 Atalanta
The second Atalanta goal, that made it 1-2, when we had been pushing back, was a strange one. Bucci seemed to totally misjudge the ball, go for it, then get out of the way and let it go in right over his head. Then their third goal, a low shot from outside the area, goes right underneath his hand.

Round 22: Cagliari 1-1 Parma
He goes for the shot with 2 hands, yet surely it would have been a much simpler parry over the bar reaching with just his left hand!?

Round's 23, 24 & 25: did well against Milan, let in 4 at Torino though none his fault, and didn't have a save to make against Udinese

Round 26: Roma 4-0 Parma
The first goal (always the most crucial, especially as we'd been holding our own up until then) was a howler from Luca, what on earth was he doing punching it at near ground level!?

Round 27: Parma 1-2 Sampdoria
For the first goal, yes the defense was motionless, but so was Luca! Staying on his line when he could have gotten to the ball, or at least come out to narrow down the angle.

Round 28: Livorno 1-1 Parma
A feirce shot yet seemingly straight into his hands, can only be palmed into the top corner.

Is he too old now? Should we be trusting a younger keeper? Is he the best we've got? Or should we be blaming the defense for not stopping these shots being made in the first place (even though most were from outside the area)?

·
Registered
780 Posts
He is a living legend, and i love him for everything he have done for us. But i was in Livorno yesterday to see the match, and i must say, from my view at the distanti laterali this goal was clearly a mistake by Luca, just as the goal against Atalanta, and the first one against doria. Our biggest priority for next season should definatly be to get a new keeper to replace our old hero before he does more like this. Why did we not go after Storari in january???

·
Registered
780 Posts
From what i have heard, he have far from impressed in training, and is not even considered. But Corradini could maybe be considered?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Yeah, Bucci has past it. We need a new keeper. Maybe look somewhere in Africa for one for change?

It's a shame really, we have several old players in our squad who have past it - Coly, Lucarelli, Bucci

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Yeah, Bucci has past it. We need a new keeper. Maybe look somewhere in Africa for one for change?

It's a shame really, we have several old players in our squad who have past it - Coly, Lucarelli, Bucci
Do you honestly think Coly and Lucarelli are past it??

Coly is probably one of our more consistent defenders and probably the most naturally fit of the lot the guy could run all day

Lucarelli is still a proven goalscorer and I doubt even Ghirardi would have paid the price he did for someone who is "past it"

Bucci maybe getting on but he is not past it yet, by definition past it means a person cannot contribute anything for the good of society and Bucci has done more than one miracle save this season and will do more before the season is out mark my words

·
Premium Member
9,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lol, i just found this on channel4:

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/sa0708/spot28.html

The losers…
Luca Bucci (Parma)
So often the hero for Parma in the past, it was veteran ‘keeper Luca Bucci who disappointed in their relegation scrap at Livorno. He’s been in this game long enough to know that you need to get more than a bendy wrist behind a powerful shot from distance – even if it is the hardly prolific Luis Vidigal shooting.

·
Registered
639 Posts
yep,Bucci is old indeed,born on 1969.Our grandpa goalie!
Actually,today's situation is similar with what happened in 96-97 season.Just because Bucci made too many mistakes,then our great GK Buffon standing between the two posts!
Now our San-Bucci is already 39-year.He has made too many contributions to our team,we respect him,but it's time to leave his place to other young guys,like Petr,we don't give any chance to this younger.we lose our bravery to put young goalie on show on pitch.Then maybe we'll miss our next Buffon.
I don't think Cuper will substitute Petr for Bucci,cause his strategy is a little conservative! Whatever,next season,it's the right time to say farewell to our dear Bucci!

·
Registered
182 Posts
What I dont understand is why when we didnt have much money to spend last summer we went and bought a GK who we had no intention of playing for several years in Petr. Its seems that he was bought as potential but now seems that a few penalty saves an under20 tournament have given him a false reputation.

·
Registered
639 Posts
It's not the first time that We did such thing,remember Amelia?remember Vanin?
We store them and then exchange them for other players or sell at a low price.
They were used to be starlets,but after wasting much time on our bench,they were third-class.Many many hope-stars become mediocrities at last,cause there is no chance for them to show their potential,or only a small mistake would be enlarged.Football players living under microscope.The pressure may force a established to be stronger,it also can destroy a younger!This is why clubs and coaches are reluctant to give chance to young players.
So Petr will wait for chance or leave us,this is his destiny.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Do you honestly think Coly and Lucarelli are past it??

Coly is probably one of our more consistent defenders and probably the most naturally fit of the lot the guy could run all day

Lucarelli is still a proven goalscorer and I doubt even Ghirardi would have paid the price he did for someone who is "past it"

Bucci maybe getting on but he is not past it yet, by definition past it means a person cannot contribute anything for the good of society and Bucci has done more than one miracle save this season and will do more before the season is out mark my words
What is this 'cannot contribute anything for the good of society' bullshit?

It's only football.

We need to restructure the squad with younger players. All I mean was that all three players are aging. Lucarelli isn't the man he was at Livorno and has made minimal impact. Bucci is a living legend but again, he is nearly 40 and we need a keeper who can stop shots! Now isn't the time for him to make mistakes.

As for Coly he is still good but a Serie A club like this really needs a player of higher quality.

I am thankful for what Ghirardi has done for the club but he has made some odd decisions.

·
Registered
15,670 Posts
How can you pick on Coly when he's been our best defender -by far- ?

Coly and Castellini are the only one worthy the title "defender" cause they actually defend, unlike the other clowns who are complete screw ups. I'm not mentioning Rossi or Paci here since both have played so little due to injuries and stuff.

Not to mention, Coly hasn't been our best defender and most consistent defender only. In fact he has been one of our best players this season. I dread to think what we would do with a jackass like Zenoni if we hadn't Coly :scared:, the nightmare scenarios are ENDLESS!

As for Bucci. To be fair to the man, he has done alot of miracolous saves this season for us. Lately (this month) he has been utter shite. Thing is, it's perhaps only a dip in form but since he is a goalie his bad form is noticeable alot. Every player have a bad patch in the season and I think Bucci has his now. I'm not saying we should play him next season, just that, some here make it to be like he has forgotten how to play football all of the sudden.

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
It's not the first time that We did such thing,remember Amelia?remember Vanin?
We store them and then exchange them for other players or sell at a low price.
They were used to be starlets,but after wasting much time on our bench,they were third-class.Many many hope-stars become mediocrities at last,cause there is no chance for them to show their potential,or only a small mistake would be enlarged.Football players living under microscope.The pressure may force a established to be stronger,it also can destroy a younger!This is why clubs and coaches are reluctant to give chance to young players.
So Petr will wait for chance or leave us,this is his destiny.
We had him on loan for one season. And during that season he was backup to Sebastian Frey, one of the best goalkeepers in the world.

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
Things are bad when Coly is rated as the best defender of the season.
Decent player, but he is nothing special, an average Serie A defender who if we are serious about next season should probably become a reserve like Zenoni has for us this season.

If we relegate then Bucci can be our #1 in Serie B, if we survive then he is adequate enough to play #2 next season in A.

·
Registered
15,670 Posts
To be frank, Coly is getting alot of stick that he doesn't deserve. We had Bonera and Coly is alot better than him. He feels so safe unlike Bonera. And Bonera is a sub for Milan. So unless we go all out in buying some real quality right/leftbacks I just cant see a reason why we should bench him. There are very few players from top 8 and under who are better than him, very few!

I agree about Bucci.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts