Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not only did Bucci have a fantastic game last night, but every uefa game i've seen (i think this was the 4th) Bucci has been rock solid.

So since Seba seems destined to leave next year, would it be a bad move simply promoting Bucci to #1 and bringing in another second string keeper to be the reserve gk? Then we could use more of the Frey money to focus on replacing Gila (if the Gila money itself won't be enough) or perhaps reinforcing other area's of the field is we lose some key (yet seemingly cheap) players like Marchionni and Bresciano.

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Frey is leaving for sure...I think he knows it and the we have been expecting it for the past 2 seasons.

Hmm Bucci is very solid...but whether he can actually deliver the goods regularly again is another thing...

·
Defunct
23,341 Posts
Plenty of speculation but if no concrete offers come in, he could stay.. is there any club desperate to get him?

Parma is under administration, so you can't really refuse an offer, can you?

·
Registered
8,304 Posts
I talked to Seba last week, he said that he didnt know what to do yet. But he said he wants to play for the french NT and this seems impossible when he is playing in Parma.

I think he might go to Inter, ManU or Arsenal. Hopefully he stays in Italy though...

I dont really like the idea of having Bucci as number 1. All of you said that he was rock solid yesterday but I dont think so. He made 2-3 good saves but he is very insecure on high-balls, my heart always pounded as hell when they had a corner or a long ball towards him.

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Try to get Guardalben back.

·
Banned
2,825 Posts
We can keep Frey I believe, for the past couple of years he said he would leave and always stays.

As for Gilagol, it is vital we keep him - we are only surviving in Serie A due to the number of goals he scores.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
I haven't seen Bucci play yet though he sounds like he could do the job with one of your youth team goal keepers as second string I think you'd be allright next season. Now to replace Gilardino I'm actually serious when I say that you should get Borrielo, he doesn't get much games at Reggina behind Bonazzoli but he has a great touch and he also can shoot the ball well. He is no Gilardino but I honestly believe that he could be your target man next season and he wouldn't cost much and you could probably get a more proven striker as well if you wanted. Of course this could just be me basing my opinion on basically one very good game (against Juventus????). Good luck!

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
I think Frey could go to Palermo.

I would be happy to take back Matteo Guardalben, and have Bucci as back-up, as he does worry me at times.

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Amiumtaur said:
I think Frey could go to Palermo.

I would be happy to take back Matteo Guardalben, and have Bucci as back-up, as he does worry me at times.

That would be sad. Palermo won't take him close to the NT.

·
Banned
2,825 Posts
Palermo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Where is the improvement on Parma then?

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
Parma thefuture said:
Palermo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Where is the improvement on Parma then?
There a team, with a big future in Italian football, they might even make Champions League football for next season. I could see the switch happening, they have alot of money.

Sebastien should go try his luck in the EPL with either Arsenal or Manchester United really, I think as long as he is playing Champions League football, then he will be in the french squad.

·
Registered
7,323 Posts
Djet said:
I dont really like the idea of having Bucci as number 1. All of you said that he was rock solid yesterday but I dont think so. He made 2-3 good saves but he is very insecure on high-balls, my heart always pounded as hell when they had a corner or a long ball towards him.
Not that I hate the idea of having Bucci as our number 1, but still I don't like it much. I have exactly the same thoughts about his performance yesterday. He was sometimes quite insecure.
Zangari_Italia said:
(...) Now to replace Gilardino I'm actually serious when I say that you should get Borrielo, he doesn't get much games at Reggina behind Bonazzoli but he has a great touch and he also can shoot the ball well. He is no Gilardino but I honestly believe that he could be your target man next season and he wouldn't cost much and you could probably get a more proven striker as well if you wanted. Of course this could just be me basing my opinion on basically one very good game (against Juventus????). Good luck!
He had been the main striker of '21 before Gila came. Perhaps he had more skills than Gila but he totally lacked teamwork, the right menthality and consistence. I don't deny that he's a SerieA material but he definitely is not a player to trust.

·
Registered
8,304 Posts
Borriello would be fine IMO, but he wont score more than 10 goals I think. I like the idea of bringing an argentine striker, just dunno why. But we have many scouts over there, they should bring us someone like Crespo ;)

Frey to Palermo??? Never!!
Seba has character, he wouldnt leave us for them, only for United, Arsenal or Inter I think.

·
Registered
15,670 Posts
No Boriello, it would be STUPID to get him when there isn't actually much different from Sorrentino and him. In that case we might aswell try out Sorrentino, at least he'd be OURS.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts