·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No...Not about Heskey

Its about Cheyrou....

This is from Dailysoccer:

LILLE, France, May 15 (AFP)
Highly rated Lille midfielder Bruno Cheyrou is set to join Liverpool later this week in a 6.5 million euro transfer deal, the French club said Wednesday.
A left-sided attacking midfielder, Cheyrou has enjoyed a fine season with Lille who finished fifth in the league, narrowly missing out on a spot in Europe.
The 24-year-old, who scored a fine goal for Lille in their 1-1 Champions League draw with Manchester United last October, has impressed Liverpool boss Gerard Houllier who is searching for a creative midfielder.

_____________________-

Its not just Dailysoccer that said that..many other sources as well...so expect the real Bruno at Anfield next season

·
Registered
619 Posts
If Cheyrou is a left-sided midfielder, does this mean that Riise will revert to playing left back? He's done well as a left-sided midfielder himself.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hooya Bruno!!!

From the official site:

Liverpool have completed the deal to bring midfielder Bruno Cheyrou to Anfield, according to the French club.

The Lille midfielder agreed to join the Reds earlier in the month but the move could only be finalised today after the French transfer window re-opened.

Cheyrou has enjoyed an impressive season with Lille, scoring 11 league goals plus three in six games during the club's Champions League campaign.

Lille club president Michel Syedoux has confirmed the transfer fee is in the region of £4 million.

More to follow.
-----------------------
a Left Midfielder, he can only play centre..tall as well - over 6 feet..
we must be the 'tallest team' in the premiership now that Wimbledon is no longer around :D

·
Registered
31 Posts
I hope he proves to be as good a signing as he promises to be. Does that make sense? Oh well.

Bruno and Riise down the left hand side, Babbel and Gerrard down the right.... Don't they say you need good flanks to win the title? :drool:

G

·
well played gérard houllier, i asked myself where bruno cheyrou gonna sign, i'm happy to see him in an english club. all i have to say it's that is a good acquisition. you will not be disapointed with him, he is excellent!

·
Registered
63 Posts
"we must be the 'tallest team' in the premiership now that Wimbledon is no longer around"

The resemblance doesn't end there either. :)

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lili said:
well played gérard houllier, i asked myself where bruno cheyrou gonna sign, i'm happy to see him in an english club. all i have to say it's that is a good acquisition. you will not be disapointed with him, he is excellent!
And this is what resembles the Gunners canon..

/´¯/)
,/¯ /
/ /
/´¯/' '/´¯¯·¸
/'/ / / /¨¨/¯\
('( ´ ´ ¯&;/' ')
\ ' /
'\' \ _.·´
\ (
\ \

:fero:

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
I'm really glad we've got Cheyrou, according to the Official site he'll officially be a Liverpool player from July 1st. The only thing I'm worried about is why did Lille let him go for just £3.7m?

Can anyone shed light?

·
Registered
63 Posts
B*O*S*H* said:

And this is what resembles the Gunners canon..

What, a squiggle? :)

P.S. As far as I know, Arsenal remains a secular club!

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
What a great signing! I had the chance to see Cheyrou about 5-6 times this season and he is a gun! One more time Houllier is hitting the jackpot! :)

Mist, Lille is a small club and the transfer fees in France are not as exaggerated as in England. Riise costed only 4. Can you imagine if he was English? Southampton wants something like 10 for Wayne Bridge! :eek:

·
Premier Player
5,940 Posts
Hi everyone..

Well although I haven't ever seen Bruno play.. but ever since I read we were interested.. I read ecvery article I could read about him.. and as Lilli said.. he seems to be one of those bargain buys.. and with the 4 M price.. well considering the way transfer fees have shooted recently.. It seems an even better bargain :)

As for us having a lot of players on the left.. hmmm Well I'd say we have Riise only!! And Vignal if we're talking the left flank and not the left midfield.. I for one think Berger should be sold (never was a fan of his).. and I can't think of another player we have who's a natural left midfielder.. well.. except Diomede..!

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
lets not get carried away here... he may be good (or even great) in France but so was a certain Mr Smicer...

I'm not going to say that Smicer was a massive failure here but he's not as good as he was in the French league... of course Riise can be cited on the other side of the argument...

And at this moment in time i am tuch typing... how cool am I?

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
I was passing by and I thought I would congratulate you on your Bruno Cheyrou signing. Listen to Amo, he knows his stuff (Poor Parma!! ;)) He is really, I mean really good, gentlemen! I've been following him in the French championship since I first saw him and he's that good that he's been my favourite Frenchman playing in France. Those who saw him in the Champion's League first round have an idea of guy's potential... :tongue:

Btw, he's not a leftwinger. :D With Lille, he plays as central offensive midfielder (kinda playmaker), in a 4-5-1 usually. He has a tremendous vision of the game and with partners up to the level, he can do wonders. This season he scored 11 championship goals, in 28 games. One from the right-foot, 8 from the left-foot and two with headers. He's the 6th best player of the season in France according to the reference, France Football magazine. :strong:

One of your poster (John Barnes) also told me you've already secured Anthony LeTallec's and Florian Sinama-Pongolle's signatures. You guys are fast !!! :fero:

Too bad Houiller doesn't seem to care that much about Anelka. That would have made the as square! Ah, nevermind...

Good luck to all Frenchies !!
Good luck to Liverpool !!
FORZA BRUNO CHEYROU !!!! :proud:

G

·
right steph, i have to add and the futur will tell me if i was wrong, that he makes me think at zidane, he has the same constition, i mean the same way to drive the ball with his feet inside, he has the same mecanic than zizou and almost the same skill and...... he is cute!!!:)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts