Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
This is NOT Akhisar!
14,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://en.fc-zenit.ru/main/news/ct3/57212.html

If their official site says: "Bruno Alves leaves Zenit" and they wish him best of luck in Turkey then it's safe to say it's already official as several international media already claim.

The fee is around €5m, he's going to earn €2.5m per year for 3 years.

Very good buy, congrats. He's still a first team international for Portugal and scored 3 goals in WC qualifiers, including 2 this year.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
It's a lot of money for a 31-year old player, but this guy is worth it I'd dare say. Naturally his performances will need to reflect that but I think this is a good buy for Fenerbahçe, much needed stability in the back of the defence.

·
Registered
14,298 Posts
I like this move. Like Raz said, we needed more stability at the back and we need someone to be more aggressive on our set pieces. Egemen is OK at it but we have really missed that presence since Lugano left.

·
This is NOT Akhisar!
14,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like this move. Like Raz said, we needed more stability at the back and we need someone to be more aggressive on our set pieces. Egemen is OK at it but we have really missed that presence since Lugano left.
Lugano left to completely destroy his career.

Wysyłane z mojego HUAWEI U8815 za pomocą Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
7,638 Posts
Good luck with Bruno guys.

He is a brute of a centre back with excellent passing range.

Sorry to see him leave Zenit.

·
Registered
23,556 Posts
not a fan of opening threads before fenerbahce.org announces it. But it looks like we're good with Meireles tweeting 'welcome to my bro'.

·
10'un Adi Lefter
8,620 Posts
Unfortunately, yes he did. At the time of everything going on, I'm sure most players would have considered leaving.
Especially for the wages PSG offered. I would've taken it honestly. His whole life + his kids life is set with that one contract.

·
This is NOT Akhisar!
14,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
not a fan of opening threads before fenerbahce.org announces it. But it looks like we're good with Meireles tweeting 'welcome to my bro'.
Zenit's website announced it so it's the second best thing that could verify the legitimacy of the transaction.

Wysyłane z mojego HUAWEI U8815 za pomocą Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Has this been on the cards for a while? I was so surprised to hear about it too but then I haven't paid that much attention to sports recently either.

Zenit paid €22m for him in 2010. This is a brilliant signing, congrats guys. I dare say it's a better signing than Chedjou.

·
Registered
23,556 Posts
Chedjou is more of a long term signing. This is more of a 2-3 year fix. I like long term idea's for football squads but that's just me.

Not taking anything away from the transfer, it's really a great signing.

·
Registered
23,556 Posts
I wonder how Fener's finances will look if they don't qualify for CL
Sounds like we've set aside more to the football branch this season. Aziz is desperate :wee:

Fat fukk Aziz. :finger:

·
Registered
7,638 Posts
I wonder how Fener's finances will look if they don't qualify for CL
Going to be very tough them, Zenit got into one of the seeded spots in the CL due to Valencia not qualifying.

Fener will face either Arsenal, AC Milan, Lyon, Schalke or Zenit in the last qualifying round.

Most of the seeds will not want Fener and all will want Pacos Ferrios!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts