Xtratime Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Forssell has been in superb form on loan from Chelsea for the Blues this season - and Bruce is desperate to make his move permanent.

"We want to make it permanent," Bruce told BBC WM. "And a lot of our plans are built around Mikael.

"If he went back to Chelsea or didn't sign for us, we'd be left with only two recognised strikers."

Birmingham have already shown Forssell a list of players they want to buy in the summer in a bid to make his stay a permanent one.

The Finnish striker has hit 16 goals for the Blues this season.

Managing director Karren Brady told the Birmingham Evening Mail: "We see our future being pinned around Mikael.

"It was interesting for him to see a list of players we hope to sign. On the list are young, proven talents and they have the right kind of image."

She added: "There is at least one current international.

Forssell hints over future

"It is a very proper list and it is hard to see why we won't just get better and better with these types of players."

Brady also believes Forssell has blossomed under Bruce and their relationship could be another factor in any decision over the forward's future.

"Mikael's relationship with Steve is excellent and I think he appreciates Steve has helped to make him a better player," stated Brady.

"I would hope that if he is going to leave Chelsea permanently then he would come to us."

I pasted it on this forum to wonder how you guys feel about it??

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Forssell unsure of Birmingham future after Leeds brace
tribalfootball.com - March 28, 2004

After his double against Leeds yesterday, Mikael Forssell was again quizzed about signing permanently with Birmingham City.

He said: "I don't know yet what will happen.

"I still have three years at Chelsea after this season - everything's open, but the original deal says I'm going back and that still stands.

"But after two defeats I thought we bounced back really well today."

1 - 3 of 3 Posts