Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
A true hero
31,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This guy is class. 9 goals in 8 games at the start of the season and spearheading Forest so far this season. Hat trick last night against Fulham and all crucial goals.

Destined for the top, imo. Looks a bargain at £5,5m.

·
Registered
30,022 Posts
He tore up League 1 last season but went relatively unnoticed because of the circus that follows the Prem. It's a shame really you do get some gems like this in the lower leagues who make the jump to the top, recent one to come through that Peterborough route is Dwight Gayle at Palace.

·
1st Tier Poster
49,579 Posts
soon to be 22 year old and still in lower leagues...well I don't know, seems like nobody considered him an elite talent before his current run. Not even after scoring 33 goals for Peterborough last season did EPL clubs come knocking.

so basically what I'm saying is that although I've never seen him play I doubt he'll be a first rate star who can cut it on the highest level...if he had this perceived potential he'd be in a club like Newcastle or Everton by now.

·
The one who was Bella
20,196 Posts
Rob we're in 2014 dammit, put a youtube video on.

·
Registered
13,673 Posts
Scroring at 19-20 years old only 16 goals in 49 matches in the 4th division of England as a striker is pretty lame. I see no talent in this dude.

·
Registered
13,673 Posts

·
1st Tier Poster
49,579 Posts
Eh, Drogba had a worse start to his career.
TBH his life situation was completely different...Drogba's teenage years were chaotic and he had no opportunity and stability to properly train...then starting with heavy training relatively late, his body could not take it and he had tough injuries. provided with the same opportunities from the early age as this Britt guy his story would've been different.

wiki said:
When Drogba finished school he switched cities to study accountancy at university and he had to change clubs, becoming an apprentice at Ligue 2 club Le Mans. However, his first two years there were marred by injuries and he was physically struggling to cope with the training and match schedule.[13] Former Le Mans coach Marc Westerloppe later remarked that "it took Didier four years to be capable of training every day and playing every week". Furthermore, Drogba's complicated family life meant that he had never attended a football academy and only began daily football training as a fully grown adult.

·
Greta joke sharer
23,535 Posts
What about Vieri or Cristiano Ronaldo then?

·
Registered
13,673 Posts

·
Registered
13,673 Posts
He didn't score much, then he did.

P.S. I know he was just a useless winger back then.
Back when? :lol: By 21 years old he was already ranked 12th , 21th and 16th respectively at the Ballon d'Or.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts