Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Brito has not yet made an appearance for Kastoria. Can you give us some information about the player Mike? All I know is that he was born in 1974...

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, of course I can: he's from my city (Olhão / Algarve) and that's the reason why I'm curious. He's a very fast winger, a bit like was french David Ginola. I guess I would say that he's one of those players which are a bit out of his time. He's a winger from the old days, with strong personality, and maybe in modern football teams prefer to have this kind of players in the bench, to enter the game when they can't break the defenses.

He spent some years in Bulgaria, in CSKA Sofia (he was signed because Stoycho Mladenov knew him from portuguese football), where there were talks about geting bulgarian citizenship so that he could play for their National team! But that didn't happened, and in the begining of this season he came back to Portugal, to Vitoria de Setubal, where the coach didn't like him very much (I thinck), so he tryed a foreign team again.

You can see the complete file on the site of our city clubs, Olhanense (2nd Division), where he started playng for the youth teams:
http://www.olhanense.net/jpbrito.htm

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Erm, I'm pretty certain they're in the 2nd lads.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
2nd division...

and jobbing to larisa

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Larisa and Kastory are in the top four of the B Ethniki last time i checked. 1 of them will get promoted for sure.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Larisa>>>>>Kastoria

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Sad thing is, Akratitos look likely to win the title. Just what we need. ANOTHER shitty Athenian suburban team. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
I think im probably the only one who wants Larisa to do well and get promoted to the A Ethniki not beacus of their fanbase, but beacus im origionally from there :\

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
I don't mind seeing AEL, Kastoria or Kalamata going up. Lord knows we could do with more provincial teams. It would certainly make things more interesting.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Im a Larisa fan as well. My dad was born there and his moms side of the family is from there.

·
Registered
263 Posts
My sister is married in Larisa :)

Btw, Brito was quite good when he was in CSKA, I don't know why he was among the reserves after Mladenov was sacked. Maybe sometimes he lacked luck and some technique, but otherwise he was quite good, he deserves first division football.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Kastoria is 7th in the 2nd Division. 6 points off the pace set by Akratitos... :rolleyes:

AMO! don't you pay attention to the teams that embarass PAOK? :howler: hehehe

As for Larissa, I would rather see them in the 1st division from a competition point of view as they have a bigger fanbase, and probably more money as well. But, I don't think they are better than Kastoria, they won only 1-0 at Alkazar, and we are both into the Final 8 of the Cup (almost for Kastoria), I guess we will use the penultimate matchday, where the two teams meet in Kastoria, to decide who is better, as that match may also decide who is promoted of the two... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
I hope Larissa goes up of course. But that is despite their fan base since people from Larissa are just weird. ;)

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
I don't like the way they talk... ;)

(where is Kostas, this would get him off his head! :D)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts