Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 168 Posts

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
There are some Brits playing in some pretty obscure countries I've noticed....no less than Rohan Ricketts...remember him?(ex Spurs, Coventry)? what a mad situation he was in. Luckily he just managed to get out of there.

Worth a read.....

http://www.column10.com/2011/05/rohan-ricketts-moldovan-nightmare-forced-to-play-unpaid-and-leave-the-country/

Seth Burkett, young English left back playing in the lower leagues of Brazil
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1245457/English-boy-football-star-Brazil-spotted-scouts-school-trip.html

Gary Martin (IA Akranes, Iceland)

Jordan Stewart (Xanthi ,Greece)

Maurice Ross (ex Rangers) - Beijing Goan - EDIT: back in Scotland :D

Kenny Miller (Bursaspor)

Carl Robinson (Red Bulls NY)

I'm sure there are other obvious ones.....

Beckham obviously.

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
Beijing Guoan (ex Rangers) - Beijing Goan
Do you mean Maurice Ross? He's back in Scotland at Motherwell.

There's a handful of Scots in Australia, like ex-Ross County forward Steven McGarry of Perth Glory, & ex-Hibs man Grant Brebner at Melbourne.

Mark Burchill, ex Celtic & Sheffield Wednesday, is at Enosis Neon in Cyprus, & ex-Champ Manager legend Mark Kerr is in Greece with Asteras Tripoli.

There was one at Real Betis but he's left to move to Scotland as he was only really involved in their B team, Ryan Harper, while his wee brother Jack is 15 & involved in the Real Madrid setup apparently. Bet nothing comes of that.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ah yeah , i meant him ...I'll edit that...didn't know he was back :D

Kris Thackray (Reggina, Italy)

Scott Sutter (BSC Young Boys Switzerland)

Eric Dier (Sporting Lisbon)

Lewis Holtby (Schalke/Mainz)

Though the latter ones are clutching at straws I guess having lived abroad most of their lives, esp Holtby. I heard the last 2 have claimed they want to represent England if possible.

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
LimboMan is top 5 disappeared posters for me.

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
Wow, there's a blast from the past.

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
Kenny Miller is the pride & joy of an increasingly pathetic footballing nation, I was referring to yourself ;)

If Bastin returns, I'll start panicing about a timewarp

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
And Kris Boyd is off to Eskişehirspor in Turkey.

Amazed Fowler is still playing. Can't be getting much cash in Thailand can he?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Some good stories on here!! The English lad playing in Brazil is particularly interesting!! Its great how they have been brave enough to try out different countries to be successful, well done to them! More should do the same!

1 - 20 of 168 Posts