Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The future of AC Parma is looking brighter following talks with former director Luca Baraldi, the man who saved Lazio, and British investors.

Baraldi spent several years at the Stadio Tardini before he was called in to help salvage another club in financial crisis.

His decision to pay a percentage of wages in share options was nicknamed the ‘Piano Baraldi’ and allowed the Biancocelesti to avoid bankruptcy last year.

He did not renew his contract with the Roman club because he wished to spend more time with his family in Parma, so a return to the Gialloblu seems a perfect choice for the director.

Baraldi was at the Tardini during Saturday’s 1-0 win over Inter and was spotted in talks with Director General Patrick Nebiolo.

His arrival is likely to be made official on Wednesday, when President Stefano Tanzi and the Board of Directors step down.

The financial crisis at majority shareholders Parmalat does not seem able to take the club down with it due to new developments.

The money owed to the side will be converted into fresh funds to increase the capital, while three players – Adriano, Aimo Diana and Emiliano Bonazzoli – will be sold immediately.

However, it is reported that a group of British investors will buy into AC Parma at the end of the season with some specific conditions.

Coach Cesare Prandelli, whose contract expires in June, must stay on at the helm and their top young stars such as Daniele Bonera and Alberto Gilardino will also stay as part of the squad.

If the Gialloblu can still qualify for Europe despite their off the field problems, then these new overseas investors would be attracted to a competitive club.

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I do really hope it is just a case of:

"The financial crisis at majority shareholders Parmalat does not seem able to take the club down with it due to new developments.

The money owed to the side will be converted into fresh funds to increase the capital, while three players – Adriano, Aimo Diana and Emiliano Bonazzoli – will be sold immediately.

If it is true we would be £2?m better off with the money owed to us, and have no more debt...and have extra funds due to the sales...it's working out alright. But until official word...I don't want to get my hopes up...:groan:

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Parma, piani di salvataggio: banchieri inglesi vicini all'acquisto

Manovre di salvataggio per il Titanic Parma. Il piano é ormai definito e l'iceberg Parmalat che sta lentamente trascinando sul fondo anche la società sportiva potrebbe essere arginato almeno fino al 30 giugno. Il supercommissario Enrico Bondi ha approvato la mossa studiata da Nebiolo che prevede l'abbatimento del capitale sociale e l'immediata ricostituzione dello stesso attraverso la conversione dei crediti della Parmalat in conto capitale. Problema: alle casse sociali mancano ancora circa 5 milioni di euro. Per trovare questi soldi si sta tentando di coinvolgere altre realtà di sponsorizzazione, tra cui anche la famiglia Barilla.L'altro progetto é la cessione del Parma. A questo proposito il dg Nebiolo assicura di aver preso contatti con alcuni banchieri inglesi, investitori in grado di fornire un capitale di 3 miliardi di dollari e più che interessati a rilevare il pacchetto di maggioranza delle azioni del Parma. Unica 'clausola' definita dagli interessati é che in gialloblu restino gli attuali campioni, tra cui Gilardino, Ferrari e Bonera e che alla guida rimanga Prandelli.

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
I'm especially interested in this part:
"questo proposito il dg Nebiolo assicura di aver preso contatti con alcuni banchieri inglesi, investitori in grado di fornire un capitale di 3 miliardi di dollari e più che interessati a rilevare il pacchetto di maggioranza delle azioni del Parma. "

Surely they wouldn't invest THREE BILLION DOLLARS into Parma? Something must have been lost in the translation. That's not possible. Can someone please explain?

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
VERDI said:
Parma, piani di salvataggio: banchieri inglesi vicini all'acquisto

Manovre di salvataggio per il Titanic Parma. Il piano é ormai definito e l'iceberg Parmalat che sta lentamente trascinando sul fondo anche la società sportiva potrebbe essere arginato almeno fino al 30 giugno. Il supercommissario Enrico Bondi ha approvato la mossa studiata da Nebiolo che prevede l'abbatimento del capitale sociale e l'immediata ricostituzione dello stesso attraverso la conversione dei crediti della Parmalat in conto capitale. Problema: alle casse sociali mancano ancora circa 5 milioni di euro. Per trovare questi soldi si sta tentando di coinvolgere altre realtà di sponsorizzazione, tra cui anche la famiglia Barilla.L'altro progetto é la cessione del Parma. A questo proposito il dg Nebiolo assicura di aver preso contatti con alcuni banchieri inglesi, investitori in grado di fornire un capitale di 3 miliardi di dollari e più che interessati a rilevare il pacchetto di maggioranza delle azioni del Parma. Unica 'clausola' definita dagli interessati é che in gialloblu restino gli attuali campioni, tra cui Gilardino, Ferrari e Bonera e che alla guida rimanga Prandelli.
In short:

Nebiolo put forward a plan of Parmalat giving Parma capital in Credit...which he was talking about a week back. It's been approved by Bondi. But there would be extra 5 million euro's needed, so they are trying to get Barilla to sponsor Parma.

Nebiolo has contacted some english bankers who would be interested in investing...$3 Billion :eek: :confused:. That can't be right surely... :eek: :eek: :eek: :confused:

And they want a clause where by Parma don't lose their :star: players...Gilardino, Ferrari and Bonera...same as said in the channel 4 article.

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
VERDI said:
I'm especially interested in this part:
"questo proposito il dg Nebiolo assicura di aver preso contatti con alcuni banchieri inglesi, investitori in grado di fornire un capitale di 3 miliardi di dollari e più che interessati a rilevare il pacchetto di maggioranza delle azioni del Parma. "

Surely they wouldn't invest THREE BILLION DOLLARS into Parma? Something must have been lost in the translation. That's not possible. Can someone please explain?
:howler: I'm as baffled as you ....:D

Definetly lost in the translation...to the media...Roman WATCHOUT...:howler: :howler:

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
I hope the rest is true though. :)

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
$300 Billion = €235,534,442,122.41 or £163,354,009,067.05.

:D...sorry but...unbelieveable news...april fools came too early...:howler:

The rest is very believeable but...no this last bit looks like spin to a lie...and I won't buy it till something official happens...

Maybe last nights win against Inter excited these bankers up...let them calm down...:howler:.

Right now I want Baraldi president...Coppa Italia against Lazio won...and through to the next round and atleast a quarter final place in the UEFA Cup...and a real battle to the end of the season for 5th...or just to make Professor happy...*cough* 4th *cough* :D

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Actually 3 billion is 3000 millions. ;)

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
Roman bought Chelsea for about 120 Million Euros. He also spent about 150 Million Euros on players. He has spent about 270 Million Euros on Chelsea so far.

I dont think that Parma would be as expensive as Chelsea to buy. The new buyer has to pay or debts which is much lesser than Chelseas when Roman bought them. This mean the rest can be used to buy players.

But its true that it sounds crazy. Why spend so much?!

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Shero said:
Roman bought Chelsea for about 120 Million Euros. He also spent about 150 Million Euros on players. He has spent about 270 Million Euros on Chelsea so far.

I dont think that Parma would be as expensive as Chelsea to buy. The new buyer has to pay or debts which is much lesser than Chelseas when Roman bought them. This mean the rest can be used to buy players.

But its true that it sounds crazy. Why spend so much?!
It's not true. 3 billion dollars would be enough to make Parma better than ever. A dream that won't come true... :(

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
VERDI said:
It's not true. 3 billion dollars would be enough to make Parma better than ever. A dream that won't come true... :(
With 3 billion dollars we can buy 10 of the most expensive players in the world and still have like 2,5 billion left.

I dont belive its true. NOONE is so stupid to spend that much money on a team. Roman spent like 200 millions Euro and the whole world thinks he is crazy.

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Shero said:
With 3 billion dollars we can buy 10 of the most expensive players in the world and still have like 2,5 billion left.

I dont belive its true. NOONE is so stupid to spend that much money on a team. Roman spent like 200 millions Euro and the whole world thinks he is crazy.
Maybe there is someone more mad...;) :tongue: :D

·
Registered
4,674 Posts

·
Registered
15,670 Posts
:rolleyes: .............

Expect to read more of these kind of stuff. Hardly some truth in them though.. We don't need that kind of rich owner, I'll be DELIGHTED with someone who can make us keep our stars and get some improvements.

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Minotti...you have a spelling mistake in your sig.

You hate Jay Leno...:eek: :D Letterman...Letterman :howler:

·
Registered
15,670 Posts
GaGa said:
Minotti...you have a spelling mistake in your sig.

You hate Jay Leno...:eek: :D Letterman...Letterman :howler:

ahhhh......now I sound like Ali G.

I iz wif ma main man... :D

Conan O'Brien rules !!! :cool: Letterman is so olddddd it's not funny, not to mention Paul shaffer, that boldy can never be funny :groan:

1 - 20 of 64 Posts