Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I'm board and was looking at the Olympic squads. Now, if there were a British team, who would be in it? There are 18 players allowed, with three overage. What overage players do you think would even be released? Here's what I think:

------------------Hart
Hutton---Richards----Taylor----Bale
---------------Huddlestone
---------Johnson-----S. Brown
Bentley--------------------Young
---------------Rooney

Subs:
Hennessy
Crainie
Wheater
Walcott
Beckham* (he'd probably be released, unlike EPL players)
S. Davis
Agbonlahor

Pretty much England U21s then. Only Beckham as overage, I doubt anyone else would be released for it. That's nowhere near as good as Brazil and Argentina currently are. Everyone except Crainie and Johnson have been in their national team squds though.

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
Rooney will be 25.

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
Ferguson would go teetotal before he lets Rooney play in an Olympics.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Ferguson would go teetotal before he lets Rooney play in an Olympics.
I read that U23's must be allowed to go no matter what. Obviously Rooney will just fake injury if he really didnt want to go.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
glad we are not going with that poxy team, Argies would hump us about 6-0.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Ahh I see you're doing the 'what if..' thingy again' like with this year's European Championship. :pp

I'll play along.

Looking at your squad I don't think you have any chance of medals in China. And I don't think Beckham will be released either, not with the money LA Galaxy are paying him and in the middle of their competition.

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ahh I see you're doing the 'what if..' thingy again' like with this year's European Championship. :pp

I'll play along.

Looking at your squad I don't think you have any chance of medals in China. And I don't think Beckham will be released either, not with the money LA Galaxy are paying him and in the middle of their competition.
Like Holland did at the quarter-final stage? Like what if we didn't have plays like Melchiot and Mathijsen

·
Registered
12,056 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,583 Posts
what other Olympic sports are British good at?

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
personally I think football at the olympics is a waste of time...
I agree with that, it is very stupid and takes some key players out of crucial preseason training or open games

Also im glad you didnt put a single Norn iron player in the squad (Unless S Davis is steven), which is a good precedent to set as im sure there are very few NI fans that want our players anywhere near the olympics.

Although saying that, i would rate jonny evans higher than taylor

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
1 - 20 of 25 Posts