Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
First Place winner, January 2009 Photo Contest
4,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
On Wednesday, as I sat watching Barcelona dismantle Bayern, I was reminded of a Juve - Barca match I watched in 2003 - SIX years ago. Barcelona lost that tie, but what struck me is that their style was essentially the same. Possession, triangles, 1-2's, little has changed in 6 years, they have their footballing philosophy and they stick to it, kudos to them, more then club indeed....

NOW that brings me to Inter, what is our style? What is our philosophy?:confused:

What is the common thread of our club, which trancends time, different players, coaches...etc? :neutral::err:

Does our playing style today have any resemblence to how we played 3 years ago, 6 years ago, 12 years ago, 20 years ago? The answer is NO!:frustrat::frustrat:

Some of you want Diego, and think that this midget Brazilian will us to European glory :howler::howler:

Or, some say, a finisher next to Zlatan is all we are missing :eekani: :lazy:

I say what we need is a soul, a religion, a philosophy, something to follow and die for, something to draw on when the chips our down, we need to go back to our roots.....CATENACCIO BABY!!!!:shades::proud:

I know what you're thinking, "WTF kind of formation is that", I'll tell you what kind ....Back-to-Back European cups, Intercontinental Cups and 7 Scudetto's :proud: :eek: The system where Giacinto Facchetti made his mark and his name :proud: :thumbsup:

We need to go back to our roots my friends. Some want to see Diego in an Inter shirt making fancy dribbles :yuck:, I want to see a new leftback leading devestating counterattacks ala Facchetti. :thumbsup:

Some say with Milito to finish chances, we can challenge in Europe :howler: :howler: I'd rather see Essien sending in bone crunching tackles and making forwards cry! :fero::strong:

Others cry out for 'Young dudes' to save us :dielaugh: Give me an old hard-nosed libero to lead the back line anyday :excited::stuckup:

Lastly, some say I'm nuts, they tell me its anti-football and boring - they tell me Catenaccio is dead or that the libero is extinct - I say they can go to hell :stuckup::stuckup:..... Catenaccio is in hibernation, waiting to be revived by the club that brought it to prominence, LA GRANDE INTER!!!! :proud::proud:

It may be a cliché, but history does indeed repeat itself my friends, so lets shape our own :hopeful: May the spirt of the great Helenio Herrera, Giacinto Facchetti and other champions and hero's of this great club guide us!

FORZA INTER!!

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Lol what kind of thread is this?

Anways, I wonder if we can try something like this next game...

Cesar
Cambiasso
Maicon Samuel Chivu Santon
Zanetti Stankovic
Mancini Ibrahimovic Balotelli

·
Registered
27,277 Posts
Lol what kind of thread is this?

Anways, I wonder if we can try something like this next game...

Cesar
Cambiasso
Maicon Samuel Chivu Santon
Zanetti Stankovic
Mancini Ibrahimovic Balotelli
I'd interchange Zanetti and Cambiasso. Our Capitano deserves to be the libero.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
Catennaccio Rockz !!!

JCesar

Materazzi
Maicon -- Cordoba ---- Samuel -- Santon

JZanetti -- Cambiasso
<<Stankovic>>

Ibrahimovic Balotelli​

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Catennacio is not the way forward. The four top sides of England and Barca are the examples to follow. Catennacio is a step backward IMHO.

Plus one cannot compare the Barca of 2003 to the one of today. The Barca of today would have demolished the Juve of 2003 anyway, even though Juve were a great side back then.

I like the Inter approach to introduce youngsters in addition to likes of Diego and Milito. I think that is the way to go.

·
&#9484;&#8745;&#9488;(&#9699;_&#9698;)&#9484;&#874
31,893 Posts
btw mikel and quagliarella ..... is nearer than

Diego and milito

;)

·
Registered
11,657 Posts
How can someone be proud of playing catenaccio :yuck: ?
Its just another tactic available to beat your opponents. History wont remember 90% of how success was achieved.

However, no I dont want this sort of tactics, Inter try very hard to send me to sleep in some games already, if they actually try and play catenaccio it will send me to sleep

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
I say bring back Catenaccio!!!

That would be much more offensive than we play today, so bring it back!

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
i know thats our roots and stuff. but the thing about Catenaccio is, defend defend and then counterattack. and that could aswell lead to several goals conceded in a game as well, cuz u cant be sure that the team will not concede any, just becaus they play the catenaccio. i dont know if i could handle that cuz of my weak heart :D.. so that i do not want. i want my team to control the game, going for the second and third goal when leading.. but hey thats me :D. anyway interesting thread ;)

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
Tactics evolve to counter teams that could be superior or play a style that seems invincible. Evolution being what it is makes me think that the "tacticians" in Italy are already trying to figure out ways to counter the English dominance(play), and Catenaccio could be thrust on to the scene again.

Things go in circles though, so you never know.

·
First Place winner, January 2009 Photo Contest
4,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

:smileani:

·
Mourinho &amp; Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
That's a ****ing badadss picture

·
Registered
23,844 Posts

·
Is Not A
6,727 Posts
I can't believe I missed this thread.

Barcelona and RM philosophies are "hollywood football" - made to impress fans and the audience primarily. It's a cog in the marketing machine to make people love their team due to their big names and entertainment factor.

Inter is not like that anymore. We do need to figure out a philosophy that is established and followed by Massimo Moratti and filters down to the club.

Is it Catenaccio? While the original may be outdated, we can respect that heritage by adapting elements of it into our team.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts