Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Euro 2000 may still be bubbling up to an exciting finale, but Premiership clubs are already thinking about the coming season. So increased activity is expected in the transfer market this week. West Ham should add another Arsenal player to their ranks, following last week's capture of Nigel Winterburn, by signing Davor Suker. Leeds United will know whether they have captured the £7m-rated Celtic forward Mark Viduka and Chelsea are expected to wrap up the £5.6m signing of Croatian Mario Stanic from Parma. Reports from Barcelona suggest that Boudewijn Zenden who has impressed with Holland, is Premiership-bound, with Liverpool and Tottenham believed to be interested.

Paul Jewell, the new Sheffield Wednesday manager, will need to find a new goalkeeper after Czech international Pavel Srnicek announced yesterday that he had quit the First Division club. Srnicek, 32, who made more than 50 appearances for the side relegated from the Premiership last season, said: 'I feel I have another four or five years left to play at the top level.'

Martijn Reuser (Vitesse Arnhem to Ipswich) £1m; Eidur Gudjohnsen (Bolton to Chelsea) £400,000; Esteban Fuertes (Derby to Lens) £400,000; Louis Saha (Metz to Fulham) £210,000; Nigel Winterburn, right, (Arsenal to West Ham) undisclosed; Luke Beckett (Chester to Chesterfield) undisclosed; Stefan Thordarson (Uerdingen to Stoke) free; Nick Culkin (Man Utd to Bristol R) loan; Marvin Bryan (Bury to Rotherham) free; Mark Robins (Walsall to Rotherham) free; Tony Williams (Blackburn to Hartlepool) free; Tony Bird (Swansea to Kidderminster) free; Mark Shail (Bristol C to Kidderminster) free; Phil Whelan (Oxford United to Southend) free; Paul Jewell (Bradford City to Sheffield Wednesday) manager, £500,000 a year for three years; Chris Hutchings (Bradford City), promoted from assistant manager to manager, two-year contract.

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
I'd love Liverpool to be chasing Zenden, but with Berger, Diomede and Camara all battling for the left position, I think it is an unlikely signing.

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
Zenden can play on the right but its not his good side!!
Why didn't Bradford keep Paul Jewell?
I thought Eidur Gudjohnsen was £4.000.000 as well!!
And Paul Okon (Fiorentina Australia) foemer Laziali :):) has signed for Middlesbrough!!

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
The only way for Liverpool to go for him, is maybe to push Berger inside and have Zenden and Diomede battling for the left side. I can't see Zenden joining if he is forced to play on the right all the time.

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
A little off topic, but Sky has announced it's coverage upto December today.
The first game is Newcastle and Man U, then on the monday it is Arsenal and Liverpool. That's not a bad way to start off the TV coverage for a season is it? :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts