Xtratime Community banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BRIDGES BACK WITH FIRST TEAM
by Chris Bargh

UNITED striker Michael Bridges is back in full training and may get a chance to play a bit part in Gary Kelly's testimonial game against Celtic at Elland Road next month.
After an 18 month nightmare with injuries and having now recovered from a serious knee operation, the 23 year old is preparing himself for a return to the Leeds squad next season.

There will be no quick fix for Bridges, but he is ready to work hard to build up his fitness over the summer and an early reward could be a cameo appearance on Kelly's big night when United face the Scottish champions in the big charity match on May 7.

Leeds manager David O'Leary is delighted to have his leading scorer from the 1999/00 season back.

He said: "Michael started training mainly with the reserves on Monday.

"He will be building things up slowly in preparation for next season and it will be like having a new player again when he returns.

"I don't know whether he can play in Gary Kelly's testimonial, that will depend on what the medical people here to tell me.

"It would be nice for him though, especially in front of a what we hope will be a full house as it is a brilliant thing Gary is doing and he deserves all the support he can get."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

This is brilliant news!!! we may get to see bridges play. This has brightend my day up! I will be happy for the rest of the week!!!

:tongue:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts