Xtratime Community banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brian Laudrup has admitted he would love a return to Rangers as a coach.

Laudrup has been forced to retire from playing after an Achilles tendon injury picked up at the World Cup in France two years ago refused to go away.

And now Laudo – speaking in the latest issue of Rangers Monthly – has confessed the lure of a coaching role at Gers would be something he would seriously consider.

He said: "If David Murray phoned me sometime in the future then I could be interested in a return to Ibrox in some capacity.

"There are so many roles at football clubs these days that it would be silly for me to say coaching is all I want to do.

"But I do think it would be a good thing for me to pass on some of my experience to the kids and certainly that is something I will look towards in the future.

"I will definitely be at Ibrox a lot more now I have retired. I've already spoken to David Murray a couple of times and he has said that if there is any time I want advice he will be on hand to help me.

"I told him if I could help Rangers in any way I would because the club gave me so much. I feel it is only right I try and pay them back.

"I stayed longer at Gers than any other club and they remain most prominent in my heart."

Laudrup also revealed he had decided to retire at the end of the coming season anyway and his injury only cost him a year of his playing career.

He said: "It was my intention to retire at the end of next season anyway. I said I would play two more years when I joined Ajax and then return home to Denmark. Unfortunately it's all happened a year earlier than I had planned."

1 - 1 of 1 Posts