Xtratime Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I doubt this is true but this is from skysports.com

Republic of Ireland defender Gary Breen has been astonished at the interest shown in him and has a tough decision to choose his new club, his agent Sky Andrew told Sky Sports News.

Breen, who is clubless after being released by First Division Coventry at the end of last season, has been the subject of interest from a number of sides after his fine displays in defence for Mick McCarthy's side in South Korea.

And agent Andrew says that it was an example of Breen's strength that the former Birmingham and Peterborough player was able to perform at the highest levels despite his uncertain future.

New Barcelona boss Louis Van Gaal has recently released centre back Abelardo and is a known admirer of Breen, who plenty of options now he has left the cash-strapped First Division club.

"A lot of people would say it's risky coming into a World Cup without a club but Gary has proved he could deal with it," said Andrew.

"Gary's always said that he would give his best for Ireland and then focus on his club situation.

"While he was playing in the World Cup, there wasn't much I could say to him and I wanted him to focus on his game.

"Now that unfortunately Ireland are out of the World Cup, I've been able to tell him the full extent of the enquiries and he's been surprised to say the least.

"His contract runs out on June 30th and we haven't got much time to make a decision. Sometimes it's easier to make a decision when it's not just one or two clubs to choose from.

"Hopefully, shortly, we'll be able to make an announcement."

·
Registered
879 Posts
i am not sure about breen, but barcelona are reportedly interested in duff. also, you may not have yet read that barcelona president joan gaspart has told fans not to expect too many signings. this leads me to believe that there will only be 2 signings.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts