Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Martin Cestnik will play in Bundesliga next year, unlike that certain team from Tirol! :D

·
Registered
488 Posts
He will indeed play in Bundesliga next season as it is official now

NO License for Fc Tirol Innsbruck

·
Registered
11,758 Posts
It's justified, but still: a very sad day for Austrian football....

The level of the league will drop again, with Pasching, Admira and Ried, not to forget poor Salzburg, new Bregenz....

·
Registered
10,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, Tirol will be sorely missed in Bundesliga, and the level will definitely drop with Admira staying...but that fuss about the license did become so ridiculous already, I´m glad it came to an end.

Good luck in 3rd divison, Tirol. It´s not that bad, trust me. ;)

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
Damn MxPx i knew this thread was about Tirol but your opening statement gave me doubts at first :fero: ;)

Certainly a sad day for Austrian football. I know the same thing has happened in Switzerland and 3rd placed Lugano were one of the teams relegated due to poor finances but when your national champion (for 3 years in a row as well) is relegated for financial problems this anything that happened in Switzerland doesn't quite compare :sigh:

Does this mean that Tirol will have to enter the UCL qualifiers with an amateur team :eekani: as Lugano will have to do in the UEFA cup?

·
Registered
11,758 Posts
No. It means that Sturm and GAK play Champions League, Austria and Kärnten UEFA Cup. Admira will stay and Pasching is promoted.

For the transfer sector, it means:
Panis and Gilewicz went to Austria
Anfang to Kaiserslautern
Jezek and Scharrer could go to Nürnberg
Baur and Mair maybe to Rapid. Chievo is also interested in Baur.
Brzeczek to Sturm?
Ibertsberger back to Venezia?

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
Well, no and yes, it's Bundesliga's plan to nominate Sturm, GAK, Austria and Kärnten, but they didn't talk to UEFA yet. (How stupid can a Bundesliga-management be?) So if Switzerland hasn't been allowed to change nominations, I guess it's the same for us.

·
Star Player
2,744 Posts
http://s_athanasias.tripod.com/f-res/football.html might be able to provide you some answers, though nothing is confirmed yet as far as I know.

It is very, very sad to see such things happen in football though from what I heard they brought it on themselves through financial mismanagement. But Tirol is definitely not alone, for both Fiorentina and Napoli have also suffered in similar fashion (i.e. people taking money out of the club for their own interest), while you should also remember English D1 side Bradford City are also in serious strife.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts