The news

Radio Itatiaia:

radio Itatiaia

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He wanted to continue

I did not understand all the words , but I did understand it, he was fired by the directory. He said in his interview which was transmitted directly in the radio, at least 3 times that he wanted to continue , despite the problems and the declarations of Alex

Now the director sais another thing; tha Luxa offered to leave in the morning and had repented in the afternoon but the directory decided that it is irreversible

Yes, Rivaldo will be very pissed off, and you can be sure that he will not be the only one. The news fell like a bomb in the Toca de Raposa, most reactions are in favor of Luxa and against the directory

Paulo Cezar Guzman is the name mentioned to accept the team

Some fans are greeting "Vanderlei fica"

Maybe somebody can describe it better, somebody who lives in BH

I am sure the Galo fans are happy with the news

It is very precipitated TMHO to fire a coach 2 days before a classico

But now the 2 sides has gone too far and there is no return.

Rivaldo really does not have much luck lately. I can bet that he will be on the bench during this classico

Well, the radio continue to talk about it, now Bonamigo the Galo coach is speaking

Anybody who wants to hear can use the link that I gave in the previous post

It is a MP link

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
I am stunned:eek: What a crazy move by cruzeiro. The guy just won the triplice coroa with them. I am sure they won't find a better coach than Luxemburgo here in Brazil.

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
http://esportenaglobo.globo.com/Eng/article/0,19125,SER687165-1289,00.html

this explains the best

It seems before Luxemburgo was fired that him and the players were upset because Cruzeiro had not payed the bixo that were due to Cruzeiro winning the brasileiro. Alex saying that the reason the team was playing poor was because of things out side the pitch might have been the reason for it.

Because of that Luxemburgo threatened to quit and when he said he had considered staying Cruzeiros´s president fired him.

São Paulo campeão da Libertadores 2004 :D , it sure helps a bit!

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Re: He wanted to continue

LUZ13 said:
Paulo Cezar Guzman is the name mentioned to accept the team
PC Guzmao is Cruzeiro's goalkeepers' coach. He will be filling in while a new coach isn't hired (something he already did when he worked in Vasco), but nothing else. ;)

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alex mentioned someting about that

without specifying.

The thing was actually like this: They planed to pay this premio from the money they thoght they will recieve from Russia for Recife, but they did not sell at last , and so they decided to pay the premio in 6 instalments. I do not believe that this was the source of the weak rendiment of the group

Almost half of the group did not even won that prize and came afterwards. The lack of entrosamento and the disgaste fisico were the main reasons, and also you have to give some credits to the teams of the interiors/

I am sure Alex is not happy with the results of his declarations.

Alex also did not play well against Uberaba, like all the team. About Rivaldo , they had to bring him to a better form before puting him to play, IMHO. The 3 players best in Patos de Minas were the worst in the Minerao. Why? It is more complicated then that

Anyway, firing Luxa is not the solution IMHO

It is like firing yourself in the leg

Now some of the public want to boycot the classico, so this is another shot in the leg:scream: I m sure the Galo torçida is very grateful

·
Administrator
29,829 Posts
Well, I do not care much...

Lets see, seems like Cruzeiro promissed money for 2003 and not payed yet...
Seems like the group was upset because Ariztizabal left...
Seems like Luxemburgo wanted to give orders in something more than what Rural King, Zeze Perella could want.
Then Luxemburgo in his usual power trip wanted to make a short of blackmail - we know this story, pretend to quit then get support and stay with more power to recover the control over the group. Rural King, Perella is not one to go for power trips and when he returned Perella just said "Are you sad here ? Then farwewell".

PC Gusmao was also invited to coach cruzerio for the rest of Libertadores. He did not answered yet.

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
As I said. the ego is a bad advisor

but I do not know exactly what really happened. I just have my gut feelings which is not logical and I will not tire you with them

I can only have one remark

I can smell voltures here. But, wait a minute, there is no cadaver yet

.Let the principal actors speak

Ouça a entrevista coletiva de Zezé, Alvimar Perrella e Eduardo Maluf

Ouça a entrevista coletiva de Luxemburgo

Maybe Cruzeiro and other teams need somebody like Jorge Valdano who mediate always between coach, players and menagement and prevents taking desicion "en caliente" as they say in Spain

·
Administrator
29,829 Posts
They may need it but that wont happen, Cruzeiro is Absolute Mornarchy of The Rural King.

·
Registered
19,633 Posts
I fear that Cruzeiro will regret firing Luxemburgo, since Luxa is one of the best coaches.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Perrela is a mother****er. He is in the Aecio Neves mafia, and is one of the worst of them. The entire press in MG is afraid of him.

As we know, Luxemburgo isn't exactly know to be a correct person. One time, two persons of this kind would have to clash.

·
Administrator
29,829 Posts
lets remember however, Luxemburgo was not fired - He quit. Begging to return and getting a "no" is similar but not the samething.

·
Administrator
29,829 Posts
And Rivaldo followed Luxemburgo and today they broke the deal with Cruzeiro. :eek:

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
How does that work with Rivaldo. Was it a mutual agreement between him and Cruzeiro, or did he just up and leave?

·
Administrator
29,829 Posts
you respect the contract when you break it if you follow a agreement.
All the news point this as a mutual agrement between Rivaldo (unhappy with Luxemburgo departure) and Cruzeiro(unhappy with Rivaldo salary).

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Camilo you are so right

And everybody who knows me know that I was the most uncondicional of Rivaldo in the woprld. I always deffended him no matter what, even in the incident with the faking injury on the end of the game with Tutkey.

Than i said that everybody is human and entitled to be wrong or fo somethig foolish ones in a while.

It still stands, and who am I to judge anybody, let alone Rivaldo/

But, I must confess that if I had been closer to him this morning, I would have pulled his ears and begged him not to do such a mistake

Solidarity is a noble thing, for don Quijote maybe, but I do not think that this time Rivado had to do it. he should have stayed and helped the club that contracted him/ He should has considered that he has to play and recover his form if he eants to play in the Nt ever more.

He was summoned to play tommorrow, for COL

I am afraid that this is the end of his career. I will only be too happy to eat my hat if proven wrong. Luxa will find another club very easily, Rivlado will not. And he can not afford to be picky if he want to play, so I believe that he will now join Dimba.:broken:

And now I am going o be my cynical sophysticated self again and talk very wisely about football. Leave me only some hours to come to myself.

And you can giggle, I deserve it:yuck: ( this is my autocritica about my sentimentalizm, but that is me , i apologize)

1 - 20 of 71 Posts