Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BREAKING NEWS Once again: Gullit and Wotte the new technical duo

You can add it to the other topic if you want Wally. The one about Job and Van Marwijk leaving, but since it that breaking I thought this news deserved an own topic. Gullit still has to handle a few things with the KNVB, since he has a contract there for Oranje U-20, but if he can settle that he will come. Wotte will be Baan's succesor. So you can already expect Bombarda to be replaced by Van den Eede. Nah, seriously I think he will at least sign Joris Mathijsen.

Anyway not that most convincing duo.

·
Registered
59,033 Posts
I thought it was a hoax :eek: but I can see it on the official website and they're presenting him as a real Feyenoorder. Hope that wasn't the only picking criteria :eek:

Not exactly an appointment that'll make my day but since they haven't started, there's no use to critisize them. BUT I have a feeling it'll end a bit like Hoddle at Spurs :eek: but who knows.

Surprised to hear about Wotte though and the speed it all took place in. Joriens new year speech hasn't happened yet, so hopefully he'll give an explanation why he picked them in his usually hardhitting rants.

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
With Chelsea he had a decent amount of money to spend , not as much as now, but still enough to buy some succes. Money that won;t be available at Feyenoord. Newcastle was simply the wrong club for him.

·
Registered
282 Posts
maybe gullit knows how to utilise the youth players and those that are stashed at exelsior, better than van marwijk. buffel is the only success from exelsior that comes to mind.

it's of course still a question wheter the KNVB will let gullit go in july. but gullit himself believes they won't take such a unique chance away from him. we'll see....

·
Banned
1,806 Posts
This suprises me. Rijkaard went down when he was in charge of a Rotterdam team, hopefully the same fate won't happen to Gullit. I do think however that eventhough Gullit is a an experienced coach who is will be well respected by all the Feyenoord players, I have my doubt wheter he can make Gil Swerts a Ruud Heus, or Patrick Paauwe a new van Hanegem, in I'm not sure if any coach can make Danko Lazovic the next van Hooijdonk or Tomasson.
But we'll see, there's something about Gullit of course that makes people wanna believe :)

·
Registered
7,770 Posts
Sexy football at Feyenoord?

Not gonna happen! :howler:

Now seriously, Wotte's transfers at Willem II haven't really convinced me and Gullit didn't impress me at earlier coaching jobs so ehm, I think this combination won't last more than two years.
For how long did they sign by the way?

·
Registered
59,033 Posts
Yeah hopefully the kids will look up to Gullit (ala Van Persie) since I'm sure that they'll see Gullit as a child hood idol as I did when he played for Milan and Sampdoria.

As for sexy football, we actually played some real attractive football in the UEFA cup run but under Bert, who promised to let us play us more attractively, it hasn't happened too often :( except for those occasions.

This is what a close follower of Chelsea had to say about Gullit btw:

Martin Lipton, Chelsea-volger van de Daily Mirror:

,,Iedereen praat nu over de Russische revolutie, maar zonder Gullit had Roman Abramovitsj misschien wel nooit van Chelsea gehoord. Ruud heeft het fantastisch gedaan en bracht spelers naar Stamford Bridge die anders nooit waren gekomen. Hij won de FA Cup en deed het heel behoorlijk in de competitie. Mensen noemen hem vaak arrogant, maar ik noem het liever zelfverzekerd. Hij heeft stijl en als Feyenoord hem een eerlijke kans geeft, slaagt hij. Zijn grootste fout bij Chelsea was dat hij zichzelf als speler bleef opstellen terwijl hij eigenlijk versleten was. Maar dat zal hij bij Feyenoord niet meer doen, mag ik aannemen.''
Sounds good and Gullit didn't do well at Newcastle since he immediately fell out with Mr Newcastle Shearer plus he prefered to live in Amsterdam than to live in northern England. This shouldn't be the case with Feyenoord.

Though it has been said that Gullit wasn't a man to take trainings at Chelsea and that he let it be done by his assistant but I must say that the roll is different in England and here in HOlland. THere in London, he was a manager who also could buy players, here he'll only be a trainer. Remains to be seen what happens.

Hopefully Gullit won't be known as great footballer to flop in management like Hoddle and Rijkaard. That'd be really sad:depress:

·
Registered
59,033 Posts
Kluivert said:
Now seriously, Wotte's transfers at Willem II haven't really convinced me and Gullit didn't impress me at earlier coaching jobs so ehm, I think this combination won't last more than two years.
For how long did they sign by the way?
Wotte signed for 2 1/2 years.

Gullit hasn't signed yet so I don't know.

It'll be interesting too to see how big Jorien will fit into this all :eek:

MEanwhile Jorien has decided to take a hard stance and says that FEyenoord will not pay a penny of compensation for Gullit:D it's only a way of getting the fee lower imo. WE'll get him in the end ;)

·
Registered
460 Posts
is he going to kick off acuña or pardo? because if they're leaving, i won't see any dutch league hinghlights on my national tv :sob:

·
Registered
59,033 Posts
mariaines said:
is he going to kick off acuña or pardo? because if they're leaving, i won't see any dutch league hinghlights on my national tv :sob:
Don't worry :) they definitely will stay till the summer since Gullit will only come then.

Holman hasn't really starred too much on loan at Excelsior btw. IMO he'll need one or 2 more years before he'll get a regular place in Feyenoords first team.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts