Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else find completely revolting and asinine the comments by Scolari and Rivaldo?
I have lost all respect for Brazilian soccer and it's players and teams.
I knew the league and it's officials were corrupt as witnessed by their lawsuits, and turmoil.
That much is proven.

But Scolari saying that Rivaldo was PROTECTING his face is ludicrous and Scolari is living in a dream world.

Rivaldo, a PROFESSIONAL, is more disturbing.
He says no regrets that he cheated.
That is a part of the game that will never be changed?!
This player is NEVER to be emulated or shown to kids as a role model player.
GENTLEMAN RESPECT THEIR OPPONENTS.
Gentleman don't cheat.

That is what referees and GOOD coaches are trying to eliminate!
He goes AGAINST the philosophy, so far as to say it alright.

Brazil has lost it, now and forever.
Along with Scolari allowing Emerson to play in goal and injure himself.....Scolari should look in the mirror at WHO is at fault.

One more thing on Rivaldo.....it is lost apparently that he was delaying the game and should have been yellow carded HIMSELF for intransigently and slowly not getting the ball for the corner kick that was CLOSER to him than UNSAL. Cheater, and the refs.

You would have done the same kick at him to speed it up since the WORTHLESS REFEREE AND HIS ASSISTANTS SWALLOWED THEIR WHISTLES EXCEPT WHEN THEY MADE UP THEIR OWN FOULS.
Besides, that should have only been a Yellow for unsportsmanlike conduct, I have seen it before, but NEVER seen a player sent off, especially at THAT level.

The refs are inferior to the players by far, not enough good ones.

Now they want a ref from a country where there is NO LEAGUE(Benin??!!), to officiate Turkey's next match.
GIMME A BREAK FIFA.
GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR ASSES, QUIT TAKING BRIBES AND MAKING DEALS.
THIS IS THE MOST CORRUPT ORGANIZATION IN THE WORLD.

.....you think it's a coincidence these guys office in Switzerland where they can have all the secret bank accounts they want?!
;)

**** FIFA.

I am pissed at their disorganization and selection of utterly unqualified referees.
I have better refs in my Sunday league matches, I swear to God.

Brazil set the tone in the opening minutes with 3 cheap shots to the Turks, yet when the Turks responded, the ***** Brazilians whined, dived and coerced the referee into their back pocket.
This was noticed by MANY others too, that KNOW soccer, not it's faults that CERTAIN players and teams will utilize.
Apparently Brazil can no longer, run, kick, and pass and shoot.
Diving and whining to refs to change decisions and staying less than 10 yards back on free kicks is ok in Brazil and taught to it's new generation of cheats.

The Brazilians deserve no less than 3 and out, so we rid the tournament of this bad blood and bad examples.

I pray hard for them to lose, get injured and fight with each other.
They deserve each other.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
got that out of my system, LOL

Sorry for the vent, been up too many late nights, and I had to get that off my chest.
I like everyone.
Hate no one.
Just am WAY too upset at the ref, and one or 2 events during match that necessitated comment.

Let's just leave it at : I hope Brazil loses.
Good luck Brazil.

LOL

Peace to the board.

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
You could have vented in one thread, instead of starting a couple ;)

And I assume Unsel only got a yellow card for his bad sportsmanship, but he already had a yellow card from the first half.. so.. two yellow cards equals a red card. Nothing wrong there.

But of course it was a bit pathetic by Rivaldo to fall dow, holding his face. Glad he got fined for it. And his acting didn't have any impact on the game, the Turk should have been sent of anyways. Otherwise, I'd support banning Rivaldo for a game or two.. but as it happened, I think a fine was the most fair result.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
apologies to all...

Yes, mistake, leave it to multiple head injury keepers like me to accidentally post twice.
;)

Sleep deprivation added to my 'warm' feelings, LOL

Let's let the players play and the refs ref, to the BEST of their ability.
:)

Also, I do have TOTAL respect for the game, and Unsal deserved what he got, and so did any Turk, equally violating any rules, notwithstanding.
No room for unsportsmanlike conduct, let's have some matches our kids can learn from.
;)

Ya know, the first couple matches were sweet, good comraderie, good calls, no dirty fouls, diving, no backtalk, guys just got right up, no trash talking, etc.

.....then........what 53 fouls in the Korea match or something?

.....here we go, the ugly games are coming.

LOL

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
No Keeper, I agree with what you said, i just read scolari's comments and its amazing how he says he wanted to protect his face:eek:

from what???:dazed: :dazed:

whats he talking abou8t? the ball had flown away already and hakan kicked the ball because rivaldo was waiting in the corner when it was 3 meters away from him and rivaldoi did nothing to pick it up! thats ridicilous! why doesnt rivaldo get carded for passing time?

of course, that would never happen with the Brazilain referee on the field.:rolleyes:

I am just so sick of complaining about the ref and the incidents and penalty etc..but istill just cant accept such a loss, not this style...especially after costa rcia defeated china and our qualification chances are in danger when we could be the surprising team of the tournament deservedly...

·
Registered
407 Posts
Felipão made these comments before he saw the replay's of Rivaldo's acting. When he saw it he was ashamed by it... so don't blame him for his comments...

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
yes i do admit brazil has gone over the top
not only that

have you guys heard of the comments they make about up coming games?
they said they only had to pay to 40% of their capcity to beat turky
and look what happened!
they shouldof lost

and now they say china is no challange at all
which i do admit may be rtue
BUT
who in their right minds would put it like that?
where is their sense of gentlemanship
or manners?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts