Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Geovanni scored a nice goal on his debut for Hull City, Elano with a penalty for City in their 4-2 defeat,Rafael and Rodrigo Possebon came on for Man U against Newcastle and did well. Alfonso Alves unlucky not to score against his compatriot Gomes who let 2 in on his debut for Spurs. Denilson also started for Arsenal. Aurelio and Cavalieri were on the bench for Liverpool

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
you forgot about felipão. 4-0 against portsmouth.

·
Rei Brasileiro
8,569 Posts
yes! I like this thread! keep us updated, theres no way I can watch all those EPL games! This should be a sticky

·
A true hero
31,421 Posts
Geovanni was excellent for us, even if he did miss a couple he should have scored. So far I'm really happy we signed him. Considering we still have players we had in the third and fourth leagues of England, his ability is standing out.

As for other Brazilians. Denilson I thought had a good game against West Brom, but he's probably too similar to Fabregas (and obviously not as good) to be a regular starter for them) and Possebon and Rafael didn't look out of place when they came on for Man U. Watched Chelsea but Alex and Belletti didn't get on. The rest I only saw highlights of, Elano's pen was calmly put away and it didn't look like Gomes had any real blame for any of the goals for Spurs. Alves missed a sitter when Tuncay played him in and he waited too long to shoot and let Ekotto get back at him.

We do have a load more Brazilians this year, certainly happy to see more in the league. This thread I guess can follow...

Denilson (Arsenal)
Alex (Chelsea)
Juliano Belletti (Chelsea)
Luis Scolari (Chelsea)
Geovanni (Hull)
Diego Cavalieri (Liverpool)
Fabio Aurelio (Liverpool)
Lucas (Liverpool)
Elano (Man City)
Jo (Man City)
Anderson (Man Utd)
Rodrigo Possebon (Man Utd)
Rafael (Man Utd)
Fabio (Man Utd)
Afonso Alves (Middlesbrough)
Claudio Cacapa (Newcastle)
Heurelho Gomes (Spurs)
Gilberto (Spurs)

It looks like Robinho and Thiago Neves may be on the list by the time the transfer window ends too. Also I guess you could make a case for following Deco, Eduardo and Dos Santos.

·
A true hero
31,421 Posts
Geovanni was solid again for us yesterday. Played well but we subbed him when we wnated to go two up top to try and win (we drew).

Aurelio came off the bench for Liverpool and helped them come from 1-0 down to win 2-1 against Boro, helped the team by replacing the awful Dossena. Alves got subbed for Mido who scored pretty much straight away to put Boro in the lead.

Gomes again got beaten by unstoppable shots as Spurs lost.

Denilson I didn't even see in the highlights as Arsenal lost to Fulham, but he was playing.

·
A true hero
31,421 Posts
Two more goals from Elano today, very similar goals actually. Quite an impressive performance. His start to this season seems like it could match the start he made to last season, just hope he doesn't drop off again.

·
Rei Brasileiro
8,569 Posts
anyone have the highlights of elano?
rojadirecta isnt doing a good job of showing things anymore...

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Anderson started tonight, played 70 mins and was excellent. Fabio, Rafael and Rodrigo on the bench, Rodrigo got another 20mins and looked soild again.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Lol @ Citeh signing Glauber. At least they now have someone to compete with Bramble for the worst centreback in the league.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Lol @ Citeh signing Glauber. At least they now have someone to compete with Bramble for the worst centreback in the league.
at least we didn`t cap Bramble for the national team like you did with Glauber :D

btw, Liverpool signed some Brazilian striker called Vitor Flora from Botafogo

·
Registered
293 Posts
Lot of Brasilian players now in Manchester, for Utd and City.

·
African WC haha
5,934 Posts
Does that mean your going to be posting more of your indepth knowledge? :howler:

·
Registered
293 Posts
Does that mean your going to be posting more of your indepth knowledge? :howler:
Just went through some posts of yours from last season, You're right Man Utd won't win the champions League. The way you came out with that post was as if Man Utd had no chance. :howler: I also see you've made a post in your own forum saying that we should at least wait till Christmas before we gift wrap the title, i remember you making comments like that last season. Yatta had a field day with you on them comments. :howler:

·
Rei Brasileiro
8,569 Posts
Cant believe Robinho in City... wow. What were they all thinking?!
Anyway, this'll be good for him. He'll lead, and be the goto person which will increase his confidence and performance. I just hope he doesnt mind living in a cold, rainy and cloudy place

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
City can´t be a worse influence in Robinho, Real Madrid is run like a family business very disorganized, players starting on their status, a coach who has no real saying in lineups and so forth.

Even with Sven I think Robinho has a better chance of improving his game.

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Cant believe Robinho in City... wow. What were they all thinking?!
Anyway, this'll be good for him. He'll lead, and be the goto person which will increase his confidence and performance. I just hope he doesnt mind living in a cold, rainy and cloudy place
Anderson, Possebon and the Da Silva twins will keep his spirits up, i'm sure if he proves himself in England , Manchester United will be his next destination. :)

·
Registered
293 Posts
City can´t be a worse influence in Robinho, Real Madrid is run like a family business very disorganized, players starting on their status, a coach who has no real saying in lineups and so forth.

Even with Sven I think Robinho has a better chance of improving his game.
Sven isn't the coach anymore, it's Mark Hughes

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
PELE: ROBINHO NEEDS COUNSELLING
Pele has said Chelsea were lucky to miss out on the signing of Robinho because the Brazilian "needs counselling".
Robinho's move to Manchester City has not gone down well in his homeland, with many baffled that he left Real Madrid for a juicy contract with the newly rich City, thought to be worth around £6million a year.
Pele said: "Chelsea are lucky. This boy needs some serious counselling. In my view he has been badly advised."

Indeed, Pele's words could be seen as a ringing endorsement in comparison to the views of some other figures in Brazilian football.
Marcelo Teixeira, the president of Santos where both Pele and Robinho started their careers said:
"This is one of the most disgraceful episodes in Brazilian football.
"He is a player who is an idol to children, an example. But he has not acted like one."
And Santos general manager, Jose Fernandos, added: "We are ashamed at having produced such a player."
Add to this Ramon Calderon's statement that Robinho cried at every meeting regarding his move away from Real, and you have the image of a player who may cause a few problems at City.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts