Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are so many Brazilians in europe and I love it! Even my country of Greece has so many and will have even more next year!

I think it is a positive thing that Greece is flooded with Brazilians. They find it difficult to get work permits in countries like Engalnd which I think is to their detriment big time. We have a couple less Argentinians and quite a few bulgarians and slavs, but it seems Brazilians are the most popular foreign players in Greece. Here are ours, most under 21 years old:

First Division:

Olympiakos:
Rivaldo
D'Akol

AEK:
Emerson
Soares
Julio Cesar

PAO:
Anderson

Xanthi:
Andrande
De Mattia
Leonardo

Apollona K
Cleyton
Wellington

Iraklis:
Alemao

Akratitos:
Gustavo
Sales

Larissa:
Vela junior

OFI:
Adrianiho
Morais

Panionios:
Luciano

Levadiakos:
Alex
Correa
Ribeiro

Second Division:

Thrasyvoulos Fylis:
Leonardo
Pendrini
Mioso

keryra:
Rodrigues
Ederson

Proodeftiki:
Valladarez

Kastoria:
Gilson
Lucas

Patras:
Ailton
Giuliano

AO Ilisiakos:
Kleber
Anastasio Reiger
Wesley Rincon

Niki Volou:
Luis Brito

Paniliakos FC:
Rodrigo

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
Giovanni is in Qatar now i believe;

He firmed with el ahli only for three months in order to compete in the Asian CL

I am not sure how accurate is my information, so please correct me

About the Brazilians in Greece, it is not only because of the easiest way to get a working permit

It is also because Greece as a Mediterranean country is much friendlier for brazilians , the temperament is warm. not like in England or Norway, which is not exactly what the Brazilians are used to

I have another remark

Many of this Brazilians have UE passports, because in Greece there is a limit for extra comunitarioans

Ivaldo is one of them' he has the Spanish nationality now
(Double nationality, he did not giv up his Brazilian cityzenship of ocurse)

The best Brazilians , most experienced and important for their teams are beside the obvious (Rivaldo) Emerson (ex Deportivo a Corunha) Luciano which is now in Panoniuos , I had mentioned him often in my thread of last season in the tjread of last year Samba in the Port

I have lately heard about Kleiton of kalamaria which played a good game against Olympiakos and now they are intresting in signing him for next year

D'acol is of Brazilian origin but is born in Greece and have Greek nationality, he is very young and plays seldom

I have no idea where did all these brazilians came from, I tryed to find out about some, but as the small teams do not have very good sites it is not simple

I know about Luciano that he is ex Portuguesa, I have written about Soares (AEK) I do not know about the pthers

I will be happy to hear more

Not only about the "Greeks"

For example, i wonder what happened to Filipe of Figuerense that came to Holland and than disappeared??

Or what happened to Caçapa (Lion-ex ATH. Mineiro)
when will he be back from injury?

I could go on ..

I think it is good that one thread like this exist to channel all the questions abpout brazilians in some tams or countries and not open a thread for every player

Of course it is my humble opinion

The managers will decide

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,446 Posts
Traffic Brasil...of course the owners of the Miami FC .... are admitting in the Miami Herald (The spanish edition) this AM the possibility of having Romario join the ranks of the S Fl squad !!!!
An offer has been formally made to Romario thrugh his agent...At this poinmt the people with Traffic await a response from the former world cupper.....

Mmmmmm and with Barros Schelotto joining the Islanders of Puerto Rico....The league might turn out to be more interesting that I ever xpected it to be !!!!!!

:cap:

z LINK: http://www.miami.com/mld/elnuevo/sports/14154852.htm

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
I awoke this thread because i think a thread must treat the affairs

of Brazilians abroad, i mean questions which are made often about this or that Brazilian that come to somebody´s team, and i am not talking Barcelona or Milan here

IMHO it is better than having a short thread about every player that is lost and we can not using the information later

Maybe it could be a pinned thread, so we could look up the information gathered about players

I have a question about Weldon, who was in Ponte Preta and had a short passage in Cruzeiro and now he scored his first in the Frenbch team where Ilan plays (Excuse me, i just can not spell it' the name of the team)

Thank you in advance

I still wonder about Filipe from Figuerense, went to Holland and disappeared

Can anybody tell me something about him?

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
Thank you Testa

So he was not far away in some remote country

Castilla is doing quite well with Soldado as the artilheiro

(The same one who acted in the first team and saved for them the game against Oly)

Not the worst place to be

I new Ilan´s team was Sochaux i just did not know how to spell it (LOL)

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Ah, I see. I don't rate Weldon at all, my father and brother (both support Cruzeiro) were generally pissed when he used to come in during matches if that's any indicative... heh, his first touch was as bad as you can get.

Like Roger (who's now at São Paulo), once upon a time both strung a couple of decent fluke performances and the teams were fooled into buying them.

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
Again thank you Testa

I hope some manager will make this thread sticky so we wil lbe able to get more information about many player and us the data already posted here' instead of inventing a new post every day

1 - 9 of 9 Posts