Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was talking to my friend Patrick and he suggested two names that could solve our needs at Playmaker and Defensive Midfield (ballwinner).

Renato (DM) from Santos- Excellent DM

Alex (PLAYMAKER) from Cruzeiro

What do you think about these potential acquisitons?

Do you think we need a playmaker with Stankovic?

Do you think that we need another DM with CZ/Almedya? Or should we go to proven names such as Cambiasso or Emerson?

Honestly, paying that much for a player like Emerson in a position that we are well covered in is pretty stupid to me. I'd rather invest in a better CB or LB. What do you think?

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
i always think that we need a playmaker...i m not sure if alex is the right one for us since i haven't watched him much...but we do need one...a GREAT one...

i've heard a lot of great things about renato...he certainly is cheaper than emerson..if he's good, then why not bring him in?

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Roberto Gallo:

Alex is a genius. A genius for free, why not? If they give him confidence, he'll do great anywhere on earth. Inter lacks a player with his style, since Recoba is much more agressive and a player who carries the ball a lot and Stankovic is a central midfielder, not a trequartista.

About Renato, he already is one of the best midfielders in the world. And he's also for free, so I can't say that you'll do wrong signing him. But you already have good players in his position (Emre, Stankovic, Karagounis). What Inter midfield lacks is a ballwinner. Sorry, but Cristiano Zanetti, Farinos and Lamouchi aren't this kind of player, and Almeyda isn't anymore. You should go for two "mad dogs", one world-class (Davids, Vieira) and another cheaper anchorman for sub (Gianichedda, Ambrosini, Nicky Butt, Maldonado). Emerson is too expensive and he's overrated.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Garrincha:

About the players being considered for Inter's midfield... Renato should fit in just fine.

But it's important to keep in mind that in Italy Alex would be most useful as trequartista, not as central mid. He's not like Emre, Alex is at his best when he has freedom to explore weaknesses in opposing defenses, like Totti for example. So I guess his utility for Inter would depend on how they intend to use him.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Just a question, why the focus on only Brazilian midfield players? Do you guys think that Inter are going to unearth another marvel like Kaka? If so, you may as well forget it. For such a young player to make an impact in Serie A is a rare achievement. It hardly ever happens and I challenge you to think of a recent example. Not to mention the maturity which he shows both on and off the pitch. Kaka is an exceptional young man and to think that there is any other player like him, who can emulate his feats is foolish thinking.

It goes without saying that Milan is a different club to Inter. At Milan, all you have to worry about is playing football. At Inter, there is always some sort of drama taking place between the owner and the coach, coach and or players, players and supporters. Not having won a scudetto in 15 years also adds to the pressure so to think that Inter can emulate Milan, unearth a great Brazilian talent and then make him an influential starter/impact player is a joke. It would just be like Inter to follow Milan's example and part way through the season be Italy's laughing stock as a result of such a terrible transfer.

Perhaps Inter would do better to direct its attention to France. French football is currently going through somewhat of a renaissance. Marseille and Sochaux in the UEFA Cup did (doing well), whilst Monaco are flying high in the Champions League. Throw in Lens and Lyon and Inter's scouts would be look a little foolish if they could not possibly find any young French midfield players. The advantage of looking to France is that Inter could involve Lamouchi, Brechet and Dalmat as part of a player exchange.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Next year Kaka will probably suck. He got one year, next year hopefully the Serie A defenders will break his legs and hopefully he will be injured for at least 6 month.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Renato is IMO is more of a passer like Cambiasso and these kind of players play next to a Ballwinner ... so as we already have Emre, Stankovic who Karagounis already play in these roles then there is no need for a player like Renato. Now if he was a makelel type of player who sits infront of the defence and wins balls back then that would be a different case.

As for the playmaker, well i have been sayin that we should switch to a 4312, and thus, we need to buy a playmaker to play infornt of Emre - CZ(Or whoever) - Stankovic. As for Alex i have'nt seen much of him so i can not judge.... the player who i suggest are would be Deco as he plays infornt of a 3some who are very similar to the above 3 that i mentioned, thus, i think he could fit in perfectly. As for availability, well i expect him to be available as he said that he would like to move at the end of the season.

what is more important imo DM or playmaker ??? playmaker, coz as a ballwinner CZ is good, its when he is asked to attack is when he starts to mess up... plus there is Farinos and the young italian midfielders who got promoted from the youth team.

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
bobati said:
Next year Kaka will probably suck. He got one year, next year hopefully the Serie A defenders will break his legs and hopefully he will be injured for at least 6 month.
This is just pathethic. Why do you wish that he gets injured, man? Does Kaka's success damage your fragile self-esteem so badly?
:confused:

You really should seek treatment. This isn't healthy.

·
Registered
14,769 Posts
i agree with sienna, it's rare for young players to reach the achieve and the performance level as kaka moving to another country, adapting a different style, and still possess the poise does with milan.

Inter is more chaotic where it feels that the club offers too much freedom to the players and in fact do not have a high regard and respect the players deserve.

On top of that, we don't really know who will manage our team next season, all this talking about signing a playmaker could all be for naught if we'd have a coach similar to cuper.

Unless we get rid of some players, we shouldn't be too hasty on the free agents. Our wage bill is heavy.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Garrincha said:
This is just pathethic. Why do you wish that he gets injured, man? Does Kaka's success damage your fragile self-esteem so badly?
:confused:

You really should seek treatment. This isn't healthy.
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
I think that is the first step of many that has to be taken Fifa President. Our coach has to be confirmed for next season. I have a feeling that we will not make the Champions League and that Zaccheroni will be sacked. Once a new coach (or existing) is confirmed then steps have to be taken to cut squad numbers and possibly request certain players to accept wage reductions.

Brechet
Helveg ---------> HAS TO GO!
Almeyda
Lamouchi
Gamarra
Okan
Kallon (?)
Vieri -----------> WAGE REDUCTION OR LEAVE

Also, Inter should make a final decision regarding Ventola. They should either invite him back or simply allow him to play his football elsewhere. Leaving him in Loan Limbo is not fair to the player.

The squad's numbers should be cut before any new players are purchased and Moratti should be less generous when offering contracts. Rather than offering generously, he should take care and look to save money rather than waste it. Qualification for the Champions League and the remaining money from Ronaldo's transfer will also be influential factors in how the club manages itself during the summer.

·
Registered
10,868 Posts
Alex :thumbsup:

when hes on his game he takes the pressure put on by the other team and just acts like it isnt there with one pass. got a very good left foot and can take good FK's. dribbles extremely well also. doesnt run at defenders a lot but it would be a waste to with the way he passes the ball.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I heard on an Italian forum site that we are close to signing REnato for FREE!!!!!!!!!

This deal will supposedly go down this summer and he will come to play DM for uS!

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
pulsar, r u sure? what forum?

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Ederson in Inter link

Monday 3 May, 2004

Reports from Brazil suggest that Inter have secured themselves the services of Ederson Honorato Campos.

The 18-year-old midfielder is highly rated in South America and an Italian switch now beckons.

Inter are understood to have pipped Chelsea in the chase to sign the Porto Alegre sensation.

The Serie A outfit made their move after talking to former Fiorentina and Brazil midfielder Carlos Dunga.

The Brazilian media suggest that Inter will pay around £3.5m for the South American youngster.

Ederson is considered as one of the stars of the future, with many suggesting he could become the new Emerson.

The player caught the eye of many top scouts during the Under-17 World Cup Finals last year.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Can anyone tell us about this guy?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts