Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
19,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the start of Brazilian championship I guess it's time for Brazilian Prediction League to start. I suggest we move to it to the XT Prediction League system, which I am sure you are already familiar with. Otherwise, please take a look here:
http://www.xtratime.org/forum/pl_home.php?

Mengao86 and HeitorTevez have agreed to be League Managers, meaning they will enter the round pairings, kick off times and games final results. The system will then calculate the scores for all players involved. I suggest we use the similar scoring system as we used in previous years:
- we predict the correct score of the game
- in case we predicted the correct winner of the game, but not the score (ie. we predicted Flamengo to beat Fluminense by 2:0, but the actual score was 3:1 for Fla), we get 5 points for that game.
- in case we predicted the correct winner AND correct score, we get 7 points for that game.
- in case we didn't predict the correct winner, we get 0 points for that game.

I suggest we also take advantage of another system feature, which allows few games of the round to be marked as special. In case you are very sure of your prediction, you can mark that game as special. If you predicted correct winner, you get extra points for that. I suggest we limit the number of games that can be marked as special to 2 per round, and if you predict correct winner in a game marked as special to 2 points. Is everyone OK with this?

·
Registered
19,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Hexacampeão
1,462 Posts
Thanks OAnimal. I'm looking forward to this a lot actually. Last year I came in towards the end of the round and now I have a shot to compete with the rest this time.

·
Registered
19,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mengão86 said:
Thanks OAnimal.
You're welcome, that's my duty as Technical Manager... ;)

·
Hexacampeão
1,462 Posts
I inputted the first round games already. I guess we need to define the point system and get people to sign up or what?

·
Registered
19,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mengão86 said:
I inputted the first round games already. I guess we need to define the point system and get people to sign up or what?
Yes. I suggested the point system in my first post, nobody has complained so far. ;)
Another thing, last year we had a rule, that only 36 best out of 42 rounds are taken into account for each player. This year, with 38 rounds to play I suggest we limit the number of best rounds to 32.

Oh, and people don't need to sign up, they just surf to prediction league main page and post their predictions, that's all. :)

·
Hexacampeão
1,462 Posts
OAnimal said:
Yes. I suggested the point system in my first post, nobody has complained so far. ;)
Another thing, last year we had a rule, that only 36 best out of 42 rounds are taken into account for each player. This year, with 38 rounds to play I suggest we limit the number of best rounds to 32.

Oh, and people don't need to sign up, they just surf to prediction league main page and post their predictions, that's all. :)
Yeah, but I just thought it would be a good idea to just get a head count. I want to make sure I am not playing this league by myself. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
19,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Don't worry, there will be at least two of us. ;)

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
I'm in :) I was one of the top predictors for last year and could have won the PL if not for a few rounds which I forgot to post my predictions :wallbang:

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
For me it's OK, I like the point system (I will use the same, with only one difference(3 extra points for correct score) in a bolão that I will make with my friends), and I think that is a good idea to count the best 32 rounds.

So, I'm putting the point system and making other changes now. And predicting the first round games too...

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
here we go, rumo ao bi

·
Registered
19,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
HeitorTevez said:
For me it's OK, I like the point system (I will use the same, with only one difference(3 extra points for correct score) in a bolão that I will make with my friends), and I think that is a good idea to count the best 32 rounds.

So, I'm putting the point system and making other changes now.
:thmbup: Good work. I saw you set up the local time to GMT-3. Since Brazil is a huge country, I was wondering if the whole country is in the GMT-3 zone, or there are places in different time zones as well? Because in the latter case, Prediction League manager should pay attention and enter kick-off times of ALL games in the GMT-3 time...

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
OAnimal said:
:thmbup: Good work. I saw you set up the local time to GMT-3. Since Brazil is a huge country, I was wondering if the whole country is in the GMT-3 zone, or there are places in different time zones as well? Because in the latter case, Prediction League manager should pay attention and enter kick-off times of ALL games in the GMT-3 time...
Brazil has four zones (GMT-2(islands), GMT-3(Brasília), GMT-4(Northwest) and GMT-5(West of the Northwest)), but all the games are already set in the GMT-3 time because all the teams are from the GMT-3 zone.

·
Hexacampeão
1,462 Posts
So all the points and stuff are set up so we are good to go?

OAnimal, do you think it is possible to make this topic a sticky by any chance? I would like to get a head count on who will be competiting in the league this year. Just a little declaration that you will be participating would be nice. ;) As of now we have...

Competitors (7):
- Mengao86
- HeitorTevez
- OAnimal
- Fabio Manic
- ilgenio
- DarkwingDuck
- Denizli_GS

·
Registered
19,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Mengão86 said:
So all the points and stuff are set up so we are good to go?

OAnimal, do you think it is possible to make this topic a sticky by any chance?
Sorry, I didn't spot it till now. I'll make the thread sticky, yes. :)

·
Hexacampeão
1,462 Posts
Damn, I layed a big time egg in the first round. In my opinion, there were quite a few upsets this round. I guess Palmeiras still haven't gotten over their Libertadores loss. I am surprised that some people had solid rounds..honestly who would of picked Gremio, Ponte Preta, Fluminense (not as big, but still)..

·
Registered
590 Posts
Next round will be really hard.. Just 2 easy games.. And im only scoring in easy games..

1 - 20 of 55 Posts