Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
First Place winner, March 2009 Photo Contest
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Roberto Gallo requested this thread in the argie forum, here it is...
I will give you some updates on the 'adventures' of the Brazilians in the Bundesliga. Since there are already so many of your players here in Germany, i won't go into deep detail though ...

Ailton scored his goals no. 17 and 18 ( from just 17 matches !) last saturday in Werder Bremens ( :yuck: ) 4:0 thrashing of Hertha BSC Berlin. His first goal came from a nice 'assist' of Hertha playmaker Marcelinho who seemed to be completely blind when he tried to backpass the ball to his goalkeeper - he just overlooked Ailton waiting in front of the box area. Very funny to watch ( poor quality though... ) : http://www.football2004.nl/filmpjes/werderbremen-herthabsc.avi
Werder leads the Bundesliga by 4 points over Stuttgart now and Ailton still hopes for a call to the selecao :D .

Bordon and Stuttgart won 2:0 against Rostock, german international Kevin Kuranyi ( who learned to play football in Brasil...) scored a goal.

Ze Roberto and Bayern only managed a 1:1 draw at relegation threatened Frankfurt, Ze Roberto didn't play too well.

Leverkusens title chase suffered a setback when the team of Lucio, Juan, Ponte and Franca lost 1:0 away at Freiburg.

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
...btw, Goncalves Juliano booked in south to German Bundelliga, namely to Austrian Bundesliga and a midtable team. Never heard about him, but as he is a former Corinthian (they say), I mention his arrival.

Last Brazilians making the news in my country had been Djalminha and Julio Cesar (the one from Real Madrid), both failing for Austria Wien.

·
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Liternit said:
Rothose what about França?

thanks in advance
At the moment, he is out of the Leverkusen starting team ( he was substituted last weekend though..). He had a very good start into the season in the summer but when the temperatures dropped in Germany, Franca's form dropped as well...
His main problem is that he does not seem to be a goalgetter, he's often initiating some nice plays with his dribblings and precise passing, but he scores too few goals.

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
oh crap, I´ve always enjoyed watching França play he has good skills but sometimes lacked a good finishing.

Hope he is able to become a starter again :)

·
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Leverkusen lost again, 1:2 at home against relegation threatened Frankfurt. Lucio, Juan and Franca started for Leverkusen, but their title dream now seems to be over since they are already 10 pts behind Bundesliga leaders Werder Bremen.

Dortmund won 4-2 away in Wolfsburg, Flavio Conceicao and0 Ewerthon started for Dortmund, Dede, Amoroso and Evanilson are still injured. Fernando Baiano scored a goal for Wolfsburg, taking his tally to 9 ( 14 matches...).

·
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ailton scored goal no. 19 in as many matches yesterday, a pk in the 91. minute which gives Werder Bremen a 1:0 win over Kaiserslautern and a 9 pt. lead over Bayern Muenchen in the Bundesliga table. Bayern and Ze Roberto lost 1:0 away at Bochum.

Ewerthon scored both goals ( 1 pk) in Dortmunds 2:0 away win at 1860 Munich. Flavio Conceicao had a good game in Dortmunds defensive midfield.

Franca scored a goal in Leverkusens 2:2 away draw at Hannover. Lucio and Juan also played for Leverkusen while Kleber played for Hannover.

Transfer rumors : Sao Paulo's Gustavo Nery is believed to sign a contract for Werder Bremen within the next few days.
Lucio is very likely to join Chelsea next summer.

·
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Liternit said:
França scored :) did he play well?
He was substituted in the 2nd half and just played about 35 minutes, but he did very well. Without him, Leverkusen would not have been able to turn around the game ( Leverkusen trailed 0:2 before Franca came onto the pitch ...).

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
Thank you Rothose, I get bundesliga but they usually just show one game a week. And its usually Bayer...

·
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
kaiserh said:
I heard Dede will be leaving Dortmund for Bayern,is it true?
Well, Bayern seems to be interested. They need a replacement for Lizarazu who will turn 35 in december and probably will end his career with Bayern in the summer, he hasn't prolongued his contract yet.
And Dortmund is desperately trying to sell players because they need money.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts