Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 261 Posts

·
Administrator
29,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will wait for OAnimal to put down the rules but we can already start the bets for the first round that will happen in 2 days (I suggest a rule: If no more than 3 players do give their bets, no points will be awarded in that round).

Also I keep the suggesting, somehow a Badge for OAnimal, the last champion, for we to use a avatar basead on his Team (Vasco) or perhaps Edmundo for month. He must give the avatar that I will put asap.

Lets write down the bets Folks, Everyone is welcome!

21/04 FIRST ROUND:

Botafogo 1 x 2 Goias
Figuerense 2 x 2 Inter
Sao Caetano 3 x 1 Vitoria
Cruzeiro 2 x 1 Juventude
Palmeiras 1 x 2 Atletico-MG
Gremio 3 x 1 Flamengo
Ponte Preta 1 x 1 Corinthians
Parana 0 x 2 Santos
22/04:
Coritiba 2 x 0 Guarani
Vasco 3 x 3 Criciuma
Payssandu 3 x 0 Fluminense
Sao Paulo 1 x 0 Atletico-PR

·
Administrator
29,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You should be giving your bets ,not Going against mine (if you look well, you will see how much faith I have for the teams in rio de janeiro :tongue: )

·
Registered
19,633 Posts
OK, here are the rules:

1. Each match's exact result should be predicted.
2. If you predict correctly who will win, or that it will be a draw, you get 5 points.
3. If additionally, you correctly predict the result, you get additional 2 points.
(Example: you predict a game Botafogo - Goias to end 2:1 in favour of Botafogo. If Goias draws or wins the game, you get no points for this game. If Botafogo wins the game by any other result than 2:1, you get 5 points for correctly predicting the outcome of the game. However, if Botafogo wins exactly by 2:1, you get 5 points plus a 2 point bonus (which makes a total of 7 points, the last time I checked it out).
4. In case of equal number of points, the winner will be the one, who has collected most 2 point bonuses during the season.
5. In case of equal number of 2 point bonuses, both (or all) players with the same number of points and 2 point bonuses will be winners.
6. To make prediction league more interesting for people that miss a few rounds (like it was the case last year, which left only me and JCamilo playing at the end) I suggest that for the final score, only BEST rounds for each player are taken into account (in case of Brasileiro I suggest BEST 36 rounds). This means that even if you miss the first 5 rounds (or somewhere in between), you still have a chance to win the whole thing.

Any objections?

·
Registered
19,633 Posts
Oh, and for that avatar you are supposed to wear, you can copy mine, or choose the Xtratime Vasco da Gama one. ;):D

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
Botafogo 1 x 1 Goias
Figuerense 0 x 0 Inter
Sao Caetano 2 x 1 Vitoria
Cruzeiro 2 x 0 Juventude
Palmeiras 2 x 1 Atletico-MG
Gremio 1 x 1 Flamengo
Ponte Preta 2 x 2 Corinthians
Parana 1 x 2 Santos
22/04:
Coritiba 3 x 0 Guarani
Vasco 2 x 0 Criciuma
Payssandu 2 x 1 Fluminense
Sao Paulo 3 x 1 Atletico-PR

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
OAnimal said:
6. To make prediction league more interesting for people that miss a few rounds (like it was the case last year, which left only me and JCamilo playing at the end) I suggest that for the final score, only 2/3 of games are taken into account (in case of Brasileiro this means 30 rounds). This means that even if you miss the first 5 rounds (or somewhere in between), you still have a chance to win the whole thing.
This part didn't make a whole lot of sense... how are you going to count only 2/3 of the points?

·
Registered
19,633 Posts

·
Administrator
29,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dont you feel better to ignore the rounds where less than 3 players make the bets ?

·
Registered
19,633 Posts
JCamilo said:
Dont you feel better to ignore the rounds where less than 3 players make the bets ?
Actually no, because it is not fair to the players that made an effort and wrote their bets.

BTW, great avatar. :D :cool:

·
Administrator
29,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Today 20, April, in 20, May it is gone, but, hallas your championship badger ;)

Then perhaps you should mix the rules , to instead of the just 30 BEST , you reduce it by the rounds with less players to give vallue the round where more people playied. And due the size of BL make it 36.

·
Registered
19,633 Posts
JCamilo said:
Today 20, April, in 20, May it is gone, but, hallas your championship badger ;)
:D

Then perhaps you should mix the rules , to instead of the just 30 BEST , you reduce it by the rounds with less players to give vallue the round where more people playied. And due the size of BL make it 36.
You have to know in advance how many rounds will be taken into account because it would be unfair if at the end I would decide that n best bets will count (you know that rules must not change after the game is over). Or we need to have precise criteria what is meant by LESS players, but that would mean that at the end, I would have to check all rounds again to see how many were played by enough people and recalculate the scores (not a small amount of work, IMHO). But I agree on extension of 30 best rounds to 36 best rounds if that is what you meant in your last statement.

·
Administrator
29,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes Exactly that. Now more people must bet, Yourself included.

·
Registered
19,633 Posts
OK, here we go:

Botafogo 2:1 Goias
Figuerense 1:3 Inter
Sao Caetano 3:0 Vitoria
Cruzeiro 4:1 Juventude
Palmeiras 1:1 Atletico-MG
Gremio 0:1 Flamengo
Ponte Preta 1:1 Corinthians
Parana 1:3 Santos
22/04:
Coritiba 0:0 Guarani
Vasco 3:1 Criciuma
Payssandu 1:4 Fluminense
Sao Paulo 2:0 Atletico-PR

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
21/04
Botafogo 1 x 1 Goias
Figuerense 1 x 1 Inter
Sao Caetano 2 x 0 Vitoria
Cruzeiro 3 x 1 Juventude
Palmeiras 1 x 2 Atletico-MG
Gremio 1 x 1 Flamengo
Ponte Preta 2 x 0 Corinthians
Parana 1 x 3 Santos

22/04:
Coritiba 2 x 0 Guarani
Vasco 1 x 0 Criciuma
Paysandu 2 x 0 Fluminense
Sao Paulo 1 x 0 Atletico-PR

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Botafogo 2:1 Goias :stuckup:
Figueirense 1:2 Inter
São Caetano 2:0 Vitoria
Cruzeiro 3:0 Juventude
Palmeiras 1:1 Atletico-MG
Gremio 1:1 Flamengo
Ponte Preta 0:0 Corinthians
Parana 1:2 Santos

Coritiba 1:0 Guarani
Vasco 2:1 Criciuma
Payssandu 1:2 Fluminense
Sao Paulo 3:2 Atletico-PR

·
Registered
19,633 Posts
Results of the 1st prediction league round:

Place/Name/Correct outcome predictions/Correct score predictions/Points
1. Garrincha --- 6 --- 1 --- 32
1. Roberto Gallo --- 6 --- 1 --- 32
3. JCamilo --- 5 --- 2 --- 29
4. brasileiro --- 5 --- 0 --- 25
5. OAnimal --- 4 --- 0 --- 20

Classification after round 1:
Place/Place in previous round/Name/Rounds played/Total points (best 36 rounds count)/Points from best 36 rounds

1. (/) Garrincha --- 1 --- 32 --- 32
1. (/) Roberto Gallo --- 1 --- 32 --- 32
3. (/) JCamilo --- 1 --- 29 --- 29
4. (/) brasileiro --- 1 --- 25 --- 25
5. (/) OAnimal --- 1 --- 20 --- 20

Remarks about the first table:
Correct outcome predictions (COP) means in how many matches a player predicted the correct winner of the match.
Correct score predictions (CSP) means in how many matches a player predicted the exact score of the game.
Total points are calculated as 5 * COP + 2 * CSP

Remarks about the second table:
I will keep track of the best 36 rounds for each player, which will eventually make this table a bit bigger, but this is a must, because otherwise at the end, I would have to go through all rounds and collect the best 36 rounds for each player.

Again, I repeat that only best 36 rounds for each player are taken into account for the final score, meaning that if you missed the first round, nothing is lost yet. Thus, I would like to invite everyone interested, to join the prediction league, because it's not too late to win the whole thing. :)

·
Registered
19,633 Posts
The games are already tomorrow:
Flamengo 2:1 Ponte Preta
Goias 1:1 Cruzeiro
Juventude 2:0 Gremio
Atletico Mineiro 0:0 Vasco
Atletico Paranaense 3:1 Figueirense
Corinthians 1:0 Paysandu
Fluminense 4:2 Coritiba
Guarani 1:3 Sao Caetano