Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
The Messiah!
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, a new team needs to be build and the main structure of that team should be ready to take part at the Copa America 2011 held in Argentina! That one will be the first and last real test to see who can cope the pressure the players will have to face only three years later in 2014.

Bottom line: only 1 year to go!

During this or the next year Ganso and Neymar will have to play in Europe in order to gain the experience to face European opponents thats for sure ... but there is no guarantee that they will adapt well.

During the last years there have been many prospects for 2014 who left too early, made stupid moves due to awful managment of domestic soccer or have not been developed well.

Some of the names:

Keirrison - a Benfica reject and future Barca bench player
Guilherme - somewhere lost in Eastern Europe
Neves - somewhere lost in Arabia
Celsinho - the "next Ronaldinho" my arse :party:
Lulinha - loaned to second Portuguese league :drunk:
Marcelo - failed to establish as a quality left back
Kerlon - a circus player worse than Denilson
Anderson - still has chances to shine but he needs to lave ManU asap
Rafael + Fabio - the ManU twins will remain second choices for at least another two or three years
Coutinho - stop dreaming, he will join the Inter bench
Lucas - failed to improve in England.
Douglas Costa - somewhere lost in Eastern Europe

Bottom line: 2014 will arrive too early.

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Sorry but you obviously don't know what you are talking about regarding Lucas, he HAS improved at Liverpool. When he first came he looked like a little boy lost and his overall game was very raw. Since then he has grown into a man, has become mentally strong and last season he was probably our best and most consistant player. Of course we didn't have a great season, but Lucas performed very well and his all round game improved a lot. Maybe not good enough for the Brazil squad, but your assertion that he hasn't improved here is wrong.

·
The Messiah!
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He is nowhere near a Pirlo like player today like he used to be. He may have developed into one but left too early in order to join your bench for more than one year.

He will be an upgrade to Melo though.

·
Administrator
29,393 Posts
Yes, we are in crisis. So much that we will disapear and be eliminated in first round next world cup.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Yes, we are in crisis, two times eliminated in the WC quarter-finals is something to worry about when you are talking about the best football team/NT in the world.

And we don't have a top offensive player in top form since 2006/2007.

·
Registered
19,999 Posts
No you need to understand the word crisis.

Brazil have far too many players who have capabilities to ever be termed in real crisis.

It's how they are managed and how the talent is utilised, that is the question. Therefore not real crisis.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Sorry, but to me, for what the Brazilian NT represents, two exits so early in the WC and no top offensive player like we always had from the 50s until now shows a crisis . We are in a league of our own when it comes to football and our standards must be higher. Brazilian NT should be the best in the world always, it's acceptable if it comes to close to that and a crisis if this doesn't happen for two consecutive WCs.

·
Registered
19,999 Posts
So you expect Brazil to reach a final or win it every time there is a world cup?

What matters is to win of course but that is not always possible.

Finalist, Semi-final, Quarter Final who cares, it is all the same for Brazil. If they do not win the world cup it is failure.

But this shouldn't be seen as a "crisis". There is so much more to football then just the world cup.

·
Administrator
29,393 Posts
Well, it is only the second time brazil didnt reach the semifinals in two world cups in a row. Previously was the 82-86--90 period. And this time coming from the most sucessfull world cup generation we had (3 world cup finals).
Looking from this angle, Germany had a crisis similar, after 3 finals they had 2 early world cup exits. They had to work hard to come back, but of course, brazil capacity of renovation is much superior.
Things here are more intense, so it must be threated like this. There is obviously organizational problems that can hinder this renovation in NT level, such our calendar, the crap idea that we can only have friendlies in europe, thank god we will not have the classificatory (which for me forms a kind of team that is not prepared exactly for world cup, it is a different tournament and give little space for experiences) , our clubs must still take advantage of momment and organize forms to earn more money, etc.

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
Yes, we are in crisis, two times eliminated in the WC quarter-finals is something to worry about when you are talking about the best football team/NT in the world.

And we don't have a top offensive player in top form since 2006/2007.
Sorry, but to me, for what the Brazilian NT represents, two exits so early in the WC and no top offensive player like we always had from the 50s until now shows a crisis . We are in a league of our own when it comes to football and our standards must be higher. Brazilian NT should be the best in the world always, it's acceptable if it comes to close to that and a crisis if this doesn't happen for two consecutive WCs.

:thumbsup: Crisis indeed. Brazil just can't be eliminated in the quarter-finals two wc's in a row. Not they way we did.

We need a top offensive player that everyone fears again. Someone who everybody says : "This guy is the man, if we get him the ball, we win". Someone to follow the Pelé, Garrincha, Romario and Ronaldo tradition. Sadly, Kaká is not this kind of player.

·
Registered
34,453 Posts
Dont worry guys. Next WC is in your backyard. Fifa will do anything to get you to semis.

(no i am not trying to insult)
Its just how FIFA works when it comes to these kind of tournaments. I am sure Brazil will go far next wc, be it with their own new (great) team or with Fifa pushing them.
Brazil lives football, and it would be nation biggest catastrophe not making the final in 2014.

·
The Messiah!
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
19,633 Posts
Yes, two world cups (not to mention they are 4 years apart) is statistically big enough sample to support the hypothesis of Brazil being in crisis. Even disregarding the fact, that yesterday Holland created zero chances until they were one man up.

·
Registered
19,633 Posts
BTW, if Brazilian football is in crisis, then what do we say for Argentina? :howler:
24 years without WC title plus a humiliation from Germany today. At least Brazil won some Copa Americas and Confederations Cup lately.

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
BTW, if Brazilian football is in crisis, then what do we say for Argentina? :howler:
24 years without WC title plus a humiliation from Germany today. At least Brazil won some Copa Americas and Confederations Cup lately.
We can't be happy just to be better than Argentina. They only have reached 4 semi-finals in their history. We have played 7 wc finals. It's crisis when we think of the brazilian football really means. It would not be a crisis for any other nation. I'll give you that.

·
Registered
19,633 Posts
We can't be happy just to be better than Argentina. They only have reached 4 semi-finals in their history. We have played 7 wc finals. It's crisis when we think of the brazilian football really means. It would not be a crisis for any other nation. I'll give you that.
You're right, I shouldn't be comparing Brazil to underachieving, overrated NTs.
But my point is that two world cup exits in quarter final is way too little to suggest any crisis. Specially because the yesterday game was going just fine until the JC blunder. I was actually sure that Brazil will win it without any hassle. And to suggest Brazilian football to be in crisis because of that, looks pretty much insane to me.

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
You're right, I shouldn't be comparing Brazil to underachieving, overrated NTs.
But my point is that two world cup exits in quarter final is way too little to suggest any crisis. Specially because the yesterday game was going just fine until the JC blunder. I was actually sure that Brazil will win it without any hassle. And to suggest Brazilian football to be in crisis because of that, looks pretty much insane to me.
I agree that it was the JC mistake that changed everything. I just hope Neymar and Ganso turn to be everything people expect them to be.
:)

·
Administrator
29,393 Posts
A crisis cannt be measure by the world cup alone, which is of course the final destination. I think it is a crisis when we find normal to see so many players from outside in the place of local players who are as good... I mean, rather obvious that a bench player should be really a supername to be called instead of an active one. We get used to it (Parreira in 2006 did the same) that it is very hard to find space to logically blame Dunga for picking likes of Doni or Julio Baptista... It is a trap that affects our criticism.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts