Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This game has turned into something I never thought it would be, not just in south america. Here in Toronto, I live about 5 minutes away from "club uruguay". It is a fanatical club for Penarol and the national team. This club has is about as big as a regular mcdonalds but gets about 1,000 people every day. It was Canada's only place to see the copa america. They get people from all countries to see the south american games.

Most recently, about 100 brazillians came to see palmerias and penarol, that turned ugly. They started throwing chairs and bottles saying that uruguay sucked and stuff. This has made this game even more important! They are expecting 2.000 people to see this game in front of 1 tv as they are opening an area to see the game from outside.

This game is very important to the uruguayan comunity in toronto. Even in uruguay, especially to the black uruguayns who hundreds of years ago were slaved in brazil. This is a very important game, more than a qualifier!

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
...sounds like Toro - Juve :)

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
On a serious note: great info, SPANIARD. Keep reporting...

CESF

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
Ze, I'm afraid you won't cry over that:

The shock news from Wednesday is that Brazilian striker Giovane Elber broke his foot while preparing for a World Cup qualifying match against Uruguay.

Elber, who scored 14 goals last season, made the announcement on his personal internet site, saying he would most likely be out of the game for a month.

"In our final training session with the national side I stepped in a hole and felt a sudden piercing pain. We went straight to the hospital and discovered from an x-ray that I had broken my right foot. I'm wearing a cast now and expect to miss four weeks," said Elber.

The 27-year-old hopes to fly back to Munich for an examination with Bayern medic Dr. Wilhelm Muller-Wohlfahrt on July 3 but wants to return to Brazil after that to continue his rehabilitation at home.

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
well, brazil tied late....did anyone see this game? can someone tell me how GOOD carini(uruguayan keeper) was?

i wonder if brazilian soccer is losing its greatness;)
ze, ill leave that for you to analyze:)

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Well,
its mainly those European [email protected] (the brazilian players) that come to brazil and think they are all that, and they aren't worth crap!
Also, that Luxemburgo should wake up, cause i'm starting to get really pissed with him and his "selections".
Argentina, don't worry if we lose our greatness.....get a video from february in the pre-olympic and you'll see what wil torment you for the next 10 years!:):)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts