Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
3 or 4 passes from the wings only were created by brazil...that is it. all the other attck was from the middle.
Did u see that Bielsa?????????
that is how it is supposed to be done against a 10 - 0 - 0 formation.
Brazil won because they played their game...the brazilian way.
I was impressed with the deffence (exept for Luccio) who by the way did a good job after conceiding.

But I think our team is faaar better than the brazilian one even at its best (like todays game). All we need is a non stubborn coach.

:fero:

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I have a very heavy objection on the title of this thread Bro, it must be :

Scolari tought beilsa how......

I love your Signature by the way, but do not forget that there is 199 countries dreaming, and the biggest chances always for Argentina. :)

For sure, converting the dream to reality needs a good coach.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Argentina's problems

Are you sure Bielsa is to blame? His record over the qualification period shows he is a good manager. For me, Argentina suffered from the following:

(1) Ill luck
(2) Non-performance by key players like Kily Gonzales and Ariel Ortega
(3) The unfortunate ageing of Gbriel Batistuta
(4) Overconfidence on the part of the players
(5) Useless Cavallero letting in that Swedish free kick
(6) Veron being on holiday
(7) The refusal of Bielsa to change things when they were not going well
(8) The injury to Ayala and Vivas which meant the penalty-conceeding Pochettino played
(9) The inability of Hernan Crespo to find his scoring boots when he came on.
(10)The lack of a quality playmaker in the mould of Rivaldo

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Well all of the above except of the 1st point go under Bielsas resposibility.

·
Registered
206 Posts
You left out Pressure. Too much pressure for the favorites. Added self-inflicted pressure regarding liftin Argentina out of economic doldrums. This tournament has been good for the unfavored and that includes GER and BRA.
Also, poor refereeing. Colina on the penalty. Unpunished fouling by Swedish and English defenders.
Faulty bracketing system otherwise known as FIFA thuggery. i.e. Top seeds given to co-hosts. Bra and Arg to be spread out between the co-hosts. Draw tilted to producing SA vs European power final. England to play in smaller Japanese venue due to hooligan problem. England 2nd seeded. Its complicated to mention here but there was a 50:50 chance England would be in Arg bracket. Of course this does not account for how Nigeria and Sweden got thrown in there too.
Small field in the England match (almost to FIFA minimum) aided the English in their swarming, high pressure defending. I know Ayoakinfe does not agree with me on this - if Arg-Eng were played in a large field, outdoors in the afternoon, the heat and humidity would have killed that English tactic. Sven admitted that his players were heat-exhausted against the Bra's especially in the 2nd half (and wound up giving brazil all kinds of space)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Bielsa has no blame

Assassin, can you please tell us how Bielsa is responsible for the following:

(3) The unfortunate ageing of Gabriel Batistuta
(8) The injury to Ayala and Vivas which meant the penalty-conceeding Pochettino played

Was he to go on to the field and score the goals himself? When things were not working, he changed personnel and moved it round a bit all to no avail. For me, Bielsa has no blame at all.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Re: Bielsa has no blame

ayoakinfe said:
Assassin, can you please tell us how Bielsa is responsible for the following:

(3) The unfortunate ageing of Gabriel Batistuta

Was he to go on to the field and score the goals himself? When things were not working, he changed personnel and moved it round a bit all to no avail. For me, Bielsa has no blame at all.
1- The left side of the Argentinian NT is the strongest in the world maybe, the unmobility destroyed the left side in the team, and this is one of bielsas job to cure. and where is Solari and Saviola?!?! Ortega was an a$$hole, but Argentina has so many players who can replace him, Riquelme can play on the right side, Saviola too. but go tell that moron.

2- He could not see that in three matches, Nigeria, England and Sweden :rolleyes:...then he is blind, and how about Crespo-Bati on the attacking line, never worked out with him.

3- Overconfidence my a$$, eventhough, where was he when he has something to do? lower their confidence.

4- Burgus did a good job in the qualifications. why Cavallero now??

appendix to this point:

He changed the starting line - up in every game, and he changed the starting line-up that played the qualifications.

5- He has nothing to dow itht he injuries, although he couldve bring Quroag and Coloccini who are better than Pochettino and Chamot.

6- Veron being in Holiday for one half only, and even though, where is Gallardo, Aimar and Riquelme?

7- Which is also an appendix to the previous point, he couldnt fit Veron and Aimar in the same line - up in the World Cup, while he did against Italy and he just saw what both can do when they play together. adamancy :wallbang:

8- Hernan should have started the games instead of Batistuta, he scored a goal in maybe less than 45 minutes in all of the three matches, can not talk about his inability to score.

9- Now this is a joke, Argentina has the best playmakers in the world, Veron, Aimar, Gallardo and Riquelme, Beilsas job was very hard to chose the best among them, sweet problem, but he turned it out to be a very bitter problem when he wasted their efforts with his stupid tactics.

All of these go under his belt, and he is responsible for them.

He is to blame

·
Registered
658 Posts
Aside from not taking rommi
I don't really ahve much beef with Biesla
He was the coach and he was 100% good for us no-one said other wise before the start of the cup everyone thought the sun shined outta his arse back then .
Its easy to whine when things don go your way.
I commend our coach he stuck to his plan and went all out in all the games
Nearly did it as well, and had he done it i doubt that we would be having this talk now we prob would have whupped up everyone.
But remember this year gone by
Bati, simone, vivas, veron, ayala, crespo,almeyda and a few others were injuered at one time or another biut they recoivered.
The one thing that hurt thought was verons performance agaisnt england that killed us off man thats where we lost everything
forget the sweden game it fell apart in the england game.

But it has been an unbelievable watse of talent as always
in most cups we have the talent but we slef destrust due to some reason or another
Like in '94 we had the most kick ass squad ever
Damm i miss redondo :depress:
He was the man

·
Registered
88 Posts
It will be interesting to see if the new coach changes thibngs dramatically. I still think Argentina had the most complete squad in Japan and had a brilliant formation and team spirit. The only problem was that the front men forgot their shooting boots in Buenos Aires.

Had Bati, Killy, Ortega and Crespo been able to find the back of the net, I believe we would have been singing a different story here. Before the World Cup, everyone was singing Bielsa's praises.

The only thing this World Cup has taught me about Argentina is that a lot of your players are overhyped. I now know for a FACT that Bonano, Burgess and Cavallero are all media creations. I still would love to know why they are signed up by major Spanish clubs when none of the three of them can handle crosses to save their lives. Is anyone of them better than Ike Shorunmu in your opinion?

Veron, Aimar, Pochettino, Ortega, Crespo, Simeone and Kily have yet to prove that they are any more than average players. None of them has delivered in the manner of Kempes, Valdano, Buruchagha, Brown, Caceres, Redondo or Cannigia for instance.

In future we need to sort out the wheat from the chaf. his is one advantage African players have. No one will ever sing your praises unless you are really good, so we know who is a good player and who is not. The likes of Okocha, Kanu, Weah, Milla, Diouf and West were only so widely acclaimed because they stood head and shoulders above their contemporaries.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Well,

Re-Building is needed I guess, and its not that hard for Argentina, lets see what Pekerman OR Bianchi ganna do.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I am loooking forward to seeing what they will do too. Teams like Nigeria, England and Cameroon can see where they went wrong. They either got it wrong tactically, did not have the right organisation or were suffering from the absence of key players.

Teams like Argentina, France and Portugal did everything right yet still left the Far East early. I really do not know what such teams can do to make things better. Too much change for Argentina will make things worse.

My personal opinion is that Argentina should just leave things as they are. Just my two pennies worth.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts