Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks.

Anyone interested on this? The match is being played at the Emirates Stadium, London. 20 minutes so far.

Brazil: Julio Cesar; Daniel Alves, Alex, Lúcio, Richarlyson; Gilberto Silva, Josué, Júlio Baptista, Diego; Robinho, Luís Fabiano. Coach: Dunga.

Sweden: Isaksson; Alexandersson, Mikael Nilsson, Mellberg; Daniel Andersson, Kallstrom, Svensson, Wilhelmsson, Ljungberg; Allback, Elmander. Coach: Lars Lagerback.

Got the lineups from a brazilian website.

·
Administrator
53,192 Posts
Hehe, any reason you posted it here? I am watching the game (Diego for 90mins!), but trying to find Italy and spain one instead. Oh never mind, found out the latter starts in 40mins.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Brazil keep on producing the mother of talents.. there only problem is that they pick Brazilian managers to control their team.. While if they bring expert Europeans, I bet they won't ever draw, forget about losing..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I posted it here because there were players on the field wich we are/were linked.

By the way, got the full lineups with substitutions, sorry for the wrong first one.

Sweden: Isaksson (Rami Shabaan), Stoor, Nilsson (Dorsin), Mellberg, Majstorvic, Larsson (Alexanderson), Ljungberg (Wilhemsson), Svensson (Allback), Källström, Rosenburg, Elmander (Bakircioglu).

Brazil: Júlio César, Daniel Alves (Rafinha), Lúcio, Alex, Richarlyson (Marcelo), Gilberto Silva, Josué (Hernanes), Júlio Baptista (Anderson), Diego (Thiago Neves), Robinho, Luís Fabiano (Pato).

The game was nothing special, but Brazil improved when the young sub-23 players came on. There was a real attacking threat with so many technically gifted players.

Some highlights: http://globoesporte.globo.com/ESP/Noticia/Futebol/Selecao_Brasileira/0,,MUL364883-4482,00.html

Now what is more of a concern for us, individual displays.

From Sweden, Mellberg did not shine. He's above average in the air, but I wouldn't say he's a world class defender. On Julio Baptista's miss, he could have done better against Diego's through ball.

Mellberg played in the center. He's strong physically and had to cover a lot, since Diego created many scoring opportunities for himself and for Brazil. Sweden lacked a good DM, where's Linderoth?

From Brazil, Lúcio had a good game. He tries to driblle way too much for a defender and can give possession away, but it's hard to get past him when the guy is concentrated on his job.

Gilberto Silva was good for a bench club player. Passed the ball well. Diego was very good, the kid is so elegant with the ball. Maybe he already is a Real Madrid midfielder, but I'd love to have him as Nedved's heir.

Rafinha and Thiago Neves are players we should take a look. Both had few minutes and couldn't deliver something else, especially Neves who had two awful long shots, but they are highly rated, NT quality.

Finally, what a shame he's a Milan player, but Pato is a superb striker.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
17,740 Posts
Thanks for the summary Zampano, much appreciated.

On Mellberg, i think we all can agree he's being brought in as cover so i think our expectations of him have to fit that role. He's not brilliant but he can get the job done for us i think as back up. Good to see our old boy Isaksson in the NT.

As for Diego, i agree he's a star but there's little to no chance of him ending up at Juve. And with Ranieri likely here next season, he'd probably be wasted anyway.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts