Robinho - Real Madrid

Alexandre Pato - Milan

Luís Fabiano - Sevilla

Rafael Sobis - Real Betis

·
Registered
16,105 Posts
I have tickets for this friendly. I cant wait. :happy:

Dunga should look to use this friendly to get some good cohesion from the centre midfield. Lucas should start and I'd like to see Hernanes coming off the bench.

------------------------Julio Cesar----------------------------
D.Alves--------Lucio-----------Juan-----------Marcelo---------
--------------G.Silva----------Lucas--------------------------
-----------Kaka-----------------Diego-------------------------
-------------L.Fabiano--------Robinho-------------------------

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
I suppose this line up presented by Rodrigues is the line up that we will see, i am not sure Lucas will be in, I suppose that Lucas and pato, and some others "youngsters" maybe, will enter during the game as subs. that is the policy of Dunga, it was like that against Ireland. He said it in his speech last time" that the principal Nt is the most important now" and the youngster are called to feel how it is to be in a NT session and be avaluated for the Olympics. He said he knows how all those youngsters have high hopes to be in Pequin.

I am just a little worried what will happen with this mixture. The Olympic team has to glue in (I mean entrosamento) have a captain, etc. it is a liitle hard when they are just substitudes for the principal team.

Anyhoiw, i suppose before complaining we have to give them all (Dubga; players) some time to see how things are envolving. I just hope it will not be too late. the olympics are just 5 month ahead, and the argies will have Mascherano and other monsters..

·
Registered
16,105 Posts
Did you forget Alexandre or purposely put Luis Fabiano? :D
Purposefully left him out :). As LUZ13 has explained, it's Dunga's policy to use such players. With the long WC Qualifying campaign and the competition itself just after, it's imperative that Dunga doesnt get too sidetracked with the youngsters/Olympic team (which isnt as important). Pato's been great but it would be unfair on Luis Fabiano to not be the starting 9.

I agree that perhaps Lucas might be left out, but I wonder who for. Someone needs to play in the centre midfield who can organize and distribute better than Gilberto, as his main role in the double-pivot is as a 5, protect the back line and cover in midfield.

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
I do not agree with you, Rodriguez about the Olympic team

I think that it is time to Brazil to shine in this competition. the young Brazilian team sweated their shirts and fought to win the tournament, they were lead by the same Lucas then, which was the main reason of him becoming my favorite, his leadership

the situation today is different, there is no team, no leader, no captain, the Olympic team is just a group of some young players who are invited to the NT but do not play, and Dunga says that he will begin to think of the Olympics after the game against Argentina in June-- Come on. maybe it is better not to send any team to Pequin , if it is not important and does not interest Dunga and the CBF- Some other coach should be nominated to the Olympic team.
I was optimistic after the Paraguay tournament, after the team, without new pele or even robinho, showed spirit and won, but now i am pesimistic and think that only a miracle can bring Brazil to an Olympic medal

i would be happy to be wrong

Another thing: I want to see Fred back in the NT

·
Registered
16,105 Posts
I'd like to see Brasil shine in the Olympics too. In truth I'm not sure what Dunga's plans are, I'm only speculating on what I think about his perspective.

The safe, maybe pragmatic bet is to go for a mixture of youth and experience. Getting the young players to 'glue' into a team from now until the Olympic games is important but difficult from his perspective. Anyway bedtime for me!

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
is kaka seariusly injured?

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
Lucas won`t let this real chance for him .. ;)

i wish there will be no injured players out of this game ..

·
Registered
16,105 Posts
A shame that I cannot see Kaka live. Hopefully I'll have the chance in over a month's time at the San Siro against Inter. Good for Anderson though. Interested to see how he will develop into Dunga's scheme over time.

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Likely team - 1 Julio Cesar - 2 Daniel Alves - 3 Lucio (captain) - 4 Alex - 5 Josue - 6 Richarlyson - 7 Julio Baptista - 8 Gilberto Silva - 9 Luis Fabiano - 10 Diego - 11 Robinho

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
I thought we have specially arranged matches for the Brazil U23 team. One particular one is against our arch-rivals Argentina on Saturday 30th March 2008. So if we have these matches, it is hardly time to stick them in NT matches where they will get little action or maybe Dunga just wants them to experience it.

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Where did you see this?! Don't you think the CBF would have something on their site as it is only a week before? I won't happen.

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
Maybe it is match for some yout teams

Anyway, the preparation, or better said, non preparation for the Olympic, which happened because Dunga is responsible of this team together with the principal team is, not looking good IMHO
I a bringing here what i read today in Zero Hora (RS)

Quote:

Ruy Carlos Ostermann: Misteriosos olímpicos da bola
================
Luiz Zini Pires, interino
------------------------
Pergunte ao colega do lado, ao amigo do chope, ao porteiro do prédio que sempre ouve na Gaúcha mais sobre futebol do que nós dois somados, se eles sabem algo sobre a seleção da Olimpíada. Você ouvirá um não, depois outras negativas em seqüência. Os olímpicos da CBF são conhecidos (Pato, Lucas, Anderson, Renan, Leo...), mas ainda não formam um grupo sólido, não são um time, não têm um objetivo. É muito "não". Faltam apenas cinco meses para o início das competições. Do 1 ao 11 não há um só nome confirmado.

A seleção não tem cara, capitão ou coração, mas vai precisar de uma máscara. A poluição da superpovoada capital chinesa assusta até mosquito da dengue. A CBF não imite sinais de motivação alguma. Dunga só pensa nas Eliminatórias. Os clubes europeus querem porque querem despistar o Brasil na hora da convocação. O Milan não vai emprestar ao mesmo tempo Kaká e Pato entre julho e agosto, matando as férias do jogadores e talvez engolindo um naco da pré-temporada. Ah, não vai.

Quarta, numa Londres ainda se despedindo do inverno, mas sem saber o que é primavera, o Brasil encontra a Suécia, na festa dos 50 anos do título de 1958 - ano em que o Brasil perdeu seu complexo de vira-lata segundo Nelson Rodrigues. De uniforme, Dunga vai receber 22 jogadores, 12 com idade olímpica, 23 anos para baixo. Deve escalar um mínimo deles, se o fizer. Ele tem 90 minutos para UM teste. UM só, pelo menos UM.

Unquote

What Lucas is saying about it you can read in the "Lucas Leiva" thread

ANOTHER ISSUE: FRED

He scored a brace yesterday for Lion

IMHO he deserved to be called, what do you think??

1 - 20 of 46 Posts