Xtratime Community banner

Which team you would like to go through?

• Brazil

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • England

Votes: 12 60.0%
  • What ever the result will be ended on, I dont care.

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Go England....

I just can't believe that I have said it. :eek::D

·
Premium Member
22,583 Posts
Are you asking Humbird the American?
Or Humbird the honorary Argentinian?

for reasons that have nothing to do with football, and that I have explained to someone special, I would like to see England win it all.

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
I would like to see England win over Brazil. I have no hatred for Brazil but its just that my second favorite team (after Argentina) is England and also coz Brazil has won it too many times and its high time some one like England won the WC.

G

·
I naturally chose Brazil as they had a better chance against England . England was helped by Collina in order to qualify .

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
I know that I am not welcome to post my vote in this thread, And that is why I haven't casted my vote.

Before u ppl want to bash me, PLZ comment on my question below. :)

A few days back, just before the start of this WC, a random poll was taken in Argentina. The question was "who would u ppl want to support in the WC, if Argentina fails to get the WC?"

The answer was Brazil from most of the Argentina's population. :eek: :confused: . I really don't remember who conducted the polls (might be CNN or BBC - can't be sure) and I don't remember by how many % of votes Brazil won the opinion of ppl. But I do remember it was by a large margin.

Fellow xtratime members living in Argentina, Plz tell me how correct was this poll or the result is not the general view of the public in ur country.

Thanx in advance.:)

P.S. - I have not made this up myself. It is a fact.

Bye

·
Defunct
23,341 Posts
Brazil and never in doubt about those two. I've neved liked the English national team, the enormous hype around them, the constant focus on England and everything that's English here in Norway.

Brazil, on the other hand, not a favorite and in fact I might vote against them if it were not England on the other side. But I have to admit their current team looks pretty exciting and I wouldn't mind them go out as late as the semis.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Russell said:
Votes seems to be 50/50.

I thought most of your fans would support latin teams, esspecially since you recently lost to us...
The rivaly between Arg and Bra is very huge and wide bigger than the one between Arg and Eng.

About the lose against England, its just a small lose compared to what you have seen on Argentinas HAND OF GOD

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
ENGLAND ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:wth:
i cant believe im saying this.

not just because i prefer england to win, but also because i think the brazies have more chances to win the wc than england if they get to the semifinal.

milano77, about that poll, i heard about it, but i dont know if these are the feelings of the majority. personally i know very few people who wants brazil to advance.
and i also heard about the same poll in brazil, and arg was leading it.

·
Premium Member
22,583 Posts
good to see you back here Ambidia. we missed you.

·
Registered
164 Posts
England all the way, but if brasil wins I'm sure it will be with a little help from FIFA

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
here is an article from BBC which directly shows the mood in Argentina before the mat

It is not an easy time to be an Argentina supporter.

And it is going to get worse, as Argentines now face a huge dilemma.

Should they support one of their most bitter rivals to help prevent another from reaching the semi-final of the World Cup?

The clash between England and Brazil on Friday is a worse-case scenario for any Argentina fan.

Many Argentines will support England because if Brazil win, they can go on and win their fifth World Cup title and that would be very hard to swallow

Argentina's Ole newspaper

On one side will be the team that were responsible for Argentina's expulsion in the group stages and with whom they have a history of rivalry on and off the pitch.

On the other will be their big neighbours and most traditional football rivals, whose supporters celebrated Argentina's elimination as if Brazil had already won the World Cup.

Clearly one side will be knocked out, but at what price for Argentines?

Either Brazil or England will then be extremely well-placed to lift the trophy..

The hard choice is reflected in the results of polls held by Argentine newspapers Clarin, La Nacion and Ole.

In all of them, it seems that recent memories are more painful than ancient geopolitical rivalries - but not by very much.

In Clarin's internet poll, 52% of respondents said they would prefer England to be knocked out of the World Cup.

Beckham's penalty sunk Argentina in the group matches

Of those surveyed by La Nacion's website, 54% said they would rather see Brazil winning the game.

Ole found a slightly larger edge for the Brazilians: 57% against 43%.

The climate is well illustrated by Ole, which describes Friday's game as "the most hated of all matches".

The newspaper speculates that many Argentines will be looking forward to a Brazilian win because their neighbour's football style has more affinities with their own kind of game.

Ole also says that coach Luiz Felipe Scolari's team has showed some weaknesses and many people in Argentina believe they can be beaten in the semi-finals by either Turkey or Senegal.

"But many will support England because, if Brazil win, they can go on and win their fifth World Cup title, and that would be very hard to swallow," said the paper.
:eekani: :mute: :lala:

I think this article really sums up the feelings of Argentina and Argentinian fans all over the World.

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
well, i cannot understand the people who prefers brazil.
probably its because they dont know ze and his gang of grovelling dogs. ;)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts