Xtratime Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
19,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, tomorrow it is. Any news, lineups, expectations, predictions?

I think it's gonna be a tough game, as NK seems to be well organized at the back, but still, I predict Brazil to win 2:0, goals by Robinho and Kaka.

·
The Messiah!
151 Posts
I predict: if Brazil loses that one they will be out - 3 points are a must.

1-0 91' Julio Baptista :rollani:

·
The Messiah!
151 Posts
hello? anyone here?

my ratings:

men of the match: Maicon, Robinho
good: Elano, Bastos, Lucio
average: Cesar, Juan, Melo, Gilberto
awful: Luis Fabiano, Kaka

·
Rei Brasileiro
8,569 Posts
Props to Dunga for
1. Keeping our style of play. Not altering anything to change how we play. Staying consitent and playing our game.
2. Gave Robinho freedom

Props to our team for
3. We had great control, quick passes and at times good touches to breach the retranca
4. Robinho displayed great skill

more later

·
Registered
590 Posts
Im amazed how Robinho showed great skills agains that "cones" .. :/

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
The Midfield was too slow and bland, not creative enough, passing was always left and right. Dunga shouldve subbed on Ramires for Gilberto and Daniel Alves for Kaka at the start of the first half. Nevertheless, I think its obvious Brazil are not gonna win this world cup, im gonna enjoy watching Dunga getting the sack.

·
Rei Brasileiro
8,569 Posts
Robinho showed something, and thats the point. There have been weaker opponents, but no one showed any skill. Robinho in line with MoM.

Also, props to Juan. He was freakin amazing in defense. Full of class, great stuff!
Another props to Dunga for taking out Kaka, putting Robinho in his place and putting in Nilmar. That was awesome. Nilmar is awesome. Id rather see Robinho-Fabiano-Nilmar than Kaka at the moment. I dont like Robinho, but his speed has really helped the team.

I also think Dani Alves should play. He should start. Even ahead of Elano possibly. Heck, put him instead of Kaka.

the negatives:
We were scored on. WTF!!
Maicon, didnt play defense and decided to ball watch as the NKan player took a great touch to score.

Kaka was also a negative. I dont think he did one good thing in that game.

·
Registered
19,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The problem was speed, specially in the first half. Brazil passed the ball around very slowly and Korean defense was very mobile, so no holes could be found. In the second half, Brazil started to use the flanks more and scored two goals from actions which included fast runs on the flanks. I agree that Kaka was useless and if Robinho can consistently play in his position, I am all for Luis Fabiano - Nilmar - Robinho combination. Robinho was man of the match for me, followed by Maicon and Juan. Kaka, Luis Fabiano and Felipe Melo were a disappointment.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Robinho could not really link up well with anyone of his attacking partners. Not his fault, Kaka was useless and Fabiano is a box striker who was slow-ish. Robinho needed Nilmar and Daniel Alves with him from the start. Dunga has built this team to defend and counter attack, this team simply doesnt know how to play the pressing, attacking game.

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Well, we clearly improved on the 2nd half, and I hope for further improvement. After halftime Kaka became more productive, as he decided to pass the ball along faster instead of trying those acceleration runs that used to be his trademark (and that never worked in yesterday's game). Based on his 1st half performance I was about to give up hope on his recovery, but he can still be useful. It's bitterly ironic that when Dunga pushed his team forward looking for the 3rd goal, we ended up offering the spaces that allowed a late Korean goal that undeniably stings. :moan:

Standout performances from Juan, Maicon, Elano and Robinho. Now let's see if the Ivory Coast will be as defensive against us as they were against Portugal; surely they can't afford another tie? Will they close down and bet everything on counterattacks? I hope not. I'm pretty sure of one thing, next match will be a decisive moment for our team. We'll need to play better than we did on our debut.

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
Brazil will improve as well as Portugal, Italy, Argentina and Spain. First games always stinks and hard to play but for sure you guys can't keep this display for the next two games.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Hopefully that conceeded goal can act as a wake-up call
otherwise the defence was quite solid, as expected.
This game was also very expected.
I definately agree that Juan was
one of the best, if not the best in the team.
He also covered greatly for Bastos.

·
The Messiah!
151 Posts
Really? I thought in was one of Juan's poorer matches. I remember one amateurish mistake by Juan which lead to a counter attack. Also he was part of the conceeded goal. To be fair it has been Lucio's main fault.

·
Administrator
29,393 Posts
The goal was no individual fault: Dunga changed the right side mostly and took one of the DMs. The covering was reduced with this. Plus the team obviously relaxed (I have the opinion Brazil did played coldly, sure that they would score at any momment and not expecting much from N.Korea) ,so it caused the mistake.

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Ah, well. At least Kim, North Korea's Wise And Mighty Ruler, got that one goal to broadcast at home to his loyal loving subjects. That's one more evidence of North Korea's supremacy, together with Kim's stylish shades.

And it's no surprise why the North Koreans were so tactically rigid; any deviation from their assigned tactical roles would have yielded catastrophic results for their players, not inside the pitch but back home. Let's face it, the North Koreans may very well be the most intensely motivated players in the whole WC. Momentarily getting distracted pulling up his socks on a key moment in 2006 earned Roberto Carlos widespread criticism at home; it's safe to assume that a similar momentary distraction would have had a much bigger cost for Hong-Yong Jo and his teammates.

I mean, you remember that Korean who was on TV crying during their anthem? He wasn't crying out of patriotism, he was weeping tears of pure pants-shitting terror. He knew that a public humiliation would be unacceptable for his dread lord & master, and the price for failure is the Meat Grinder. And I don't mean a metaphorical meat grinder. :skull:

·
Rei Brasileiro
8,569 Posts
I thought Juan was super class. He made some insane dispossessions and stole the ball without getting called for many fouls... good stuff. I thought he was MoM along with Robinho

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Terrible game by Brazil, showed a bit of improvement of the second half but not enough. The good thing is, this isn't definitive and aside from a game or two from Argentina and Germany, no one is showing good football right now. However, the hopes become smaller when we see a pathetic performance by Kaká, one of the worst I've ever saw since Raí against Sweden in 94. He can get better, of course, but I fear that along with the physical problems there's a bad technical moment. Even when fit, Kaká wasn't the same since 2008. Also for the NT, don't you remember how bad he was in Confederations Cup?

And the solution? Nilmar. Because we couldn't take Ronaldinho and give him a chance, and Júlio Baptista is there because of his commitment, since even Dunga seems to have lost some of the faith he had on him, when he tries a player of a different position instead of the Roma player.

My ratings of the Players:

Júlio César 6

Maicon 7.5
Lúcio 5
Juan 7
Michel Bastos 6.5

Gilberto Silva 5
Felipe Melo 5.5

Elano 6.5
Kaká 4.5
Robinho 7.5

Luís Fabiano 5.5

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Here's an interesting bit of satire: The clip of the Brasil x North Korea match that was officially approved by Kim for broadcast in North Korea.

[tub]Xsu3v-0pvlQ[/tub]

:D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts