Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My disappointment in futebol as a mere fan - so disappointed I decided not to remind myself of the score in the thread title! ESPN over her recently showed this game in full. If you could make changes to our eleven for that day, who would you have changed? Only players in the squad can be named btw.

·
Administrator
29,399 Posts
There was no much real help: Batista and Dinamente are not fit, the other keepers are not necessarily much better.

Renato was a good player, he could have come in, with Socrates more ahead, but I think that would not be that good for Socrates. Other option was Paulo Isidoro.

But It is not like that team lost because played badly, rather because faced another very good team, playing quite well and with the exactly strategy to take advantage of a team that played with only 2 defenders and had to make the ball roll a lot.

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I once read Tele was considering Edinho for Luizinho. Serginho only scored because other players put the goals on a plate for him. A disaster - poor Zico having to play with him. Waldir Peres would have been axed also if I was tecnico. It still hurts.

·
Administrator
29,399 Posts
Which was because Edinho was a bandit, one of the reasons of that team failure was the split among certain players, Edinho among them. He was just going against the youngest and mineiro defender.

·
Bernard > Messi
2,687 Posts
I would not start with the amarelinho de quintino.

How did we lost against such a mediocre team if that team was so great? I re-watched that world cup a year ago and damn, what an overrated team. People think that we drove thru everyone on our way but that's far from the truth. I wrote a beautiful post about that team last year, well...beautiful despite my common struggles with the english language.

let me repost the final part:

1 - Brazil scored really nice goals - that helped to create this aura about the 1982 because when the time goes by we only keep in our memory the goals and not much else. and our goals in 1982 were a thing of beauty.

2 - We raped our biggest rival - its exactly of what happened in the confed cup that we raped argentina (and it happened only 4 years ago) people keep saying that that team was great, playing samba football, joga bonito and bla bla bla BECAUSE THEY ONLY REMEMBER THE GAME WE TRASHED THE CHOKERS(argies). But in reality we SUCKED in that confed cup, we were lucky to get out of the group stage...

3 - we didn't won the WC. nostalgia is applied better at those cases hehe... if we had won it we would be judged with the harsh reality of facts (like people remember that in 1970 we suffered against peru/england and that our team was very nervous against uruguai until we scored, etc)

4 - Giulite Coutinho - He was the president of CBF and the 'mídia' loved him. he wasn't a ricardo teixeira/joao havelange. So they think more nostalgic about 1982 because they think that if we had won the WC with him on the command our football would be more professional now.

5 - Tele Santana - Same reasons as Giulite... The press loved him. and he had the perfect 'discurso' that "os formadores de opinião" loved. Like playing beautiful football, and bla bla bla. Btw, Telê before he went to SP was a glorified loser.

Btw, anyone that watched that world cup live or only watched the highlights please watch the full games before you try to argue with anything I have said about the matches. Thanks in advance.

our defense was pure shit. we allowed a shitty offensive team to score 3 on us. What a shame.

What's funny is that some idiots have the audacity to proclaim the 1982 team as one of the best teams ever, lol. You're not a great team if you allow that mediocre italian team that advanced with 3 draws to score 3 goals on you when we were playing for a DRAW (some people forget this). Period.

·
Bernard > Messi
2,687 Posts
Btw, I'm so good at this shit that I surprise myself often. See point 2?

Same shyt HAPPENED ONCE AGAIN THIS YEAR. The same ****ING IDIOTS overhyped DUNGA'S TEAM because we constantly RAPED THE DAMN CHOKERS (argies) but in reality that team was TRASH, could only play one way, if others teams didn't allow dunga to play his game he didn't know what to do...Also that team was DAMN ****ING LUCKY, our goalkeeper, who isn't great by any means, was playing OUT OF HIS MIND, he was playing like GOD as a goalkeeper. He saved dunga's ass but end up fooling the stupid brazilians that don't know as much as me about the Association.

Once JC came back to reality we lost. I warned the so called "experts" here... Well...Kinda sad.

We should be happy that Mano lost his first game against the argies playing a loose ball with basically a youth team with the addition of that piece of shyt called Amarelinho Gaúcho (same syndrome of the amarelinho de quintino) so now we can expect more criticism, so Mano's mistakes wont be hidden behind victories over the chokers. Which is gonna make this team very good in 2014.

Happy new year, everyone! Augusto aka The Great one AKA OBaixinho, salutes you!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts