Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Scolari said that his team will go on the field against Costa Rica with out Rivaldo, Ronaldo, Roberto Carlos, Cafu and any other starter who does not want to play, who wants to rest.
This angers me because it is not just hurting Turkey, but people paid their tickets to see these players. They are getting a hell a lot of money. This is also a discrimanotory decision. It says that we want Costa Rica to go on.
But Brazil has great players, even their bench is world class team. I hope they'll beat Costa Rica, but it looks like Scholari don't want them too.

·
Registered
68 Posts
We only have ourselves to blame for being in this situation! You know all the reasons so I won't list them!

·
Premier Player
1,790 Posts
We only have ourselves to blame for being in this situation! You know all the reasons so I won't list them!
I agree. I also think going with Brazilian subs might be better for us, because they will have the desire to show their talents;)

However, I guess no sub player would be as effective as 3Rs:eek:

Brazil may not wanna see Turkiye in the next round but they wouldn't wanna lose that much;)

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Don't worry about Brazil's intentions...

As a Brazilian fan, let me say that Brazil will always play to win. Costa Rica's Brazilian coach has begun to pathethically suggest that the draw "would qualify both teams" and such nonsense. I don't believe for a minute that our players will accept that idea. The supporters would NEVER accept anything other than victory, and the players know this.

I think Costa Rica is a good team that will offer us a good deal of troubles, as they've demonstrated against Turkey - a match Costa Rica deserved to win, by the way. I also think that our reserve team is perfectly capable of beating Costa Rica, no offense to the Costa Ricans, it's just how I see it.

But as far as I know, the only starter who's probably sitting this one out is Roberto Carlos, whose leg muscles apparently are aching. Ronaldo has ambitions of being the Cup's top goalscorer, so I don't believe he'll want to sit out. Ronaldinho Gaucho wants to keep his position - Ricardinho is set to become a starter and it's just a matter of finding out who gets benched, Ronaldinho or Juninho. So I don't think either Gaucho or Juninho would want a "rest", as it might cost them a spot in the team.

All things considered, I believe Brazil will be almost complete for the third match, don't worry. And don't think twice about Brazil accepting a "friendly draw" as Guimaraes suggested: It's just wishful thinking from the Costa Rican coach. ;) :tongue:

·
Registered
7,458 Posts
Is there a rule in the WC as to fielding your best possible team? There is in many leagues, so I'm curious.

And let's remember; there may be pride at stake after Brazil's poor qualification form. Or maybe it's just hopeful thinking on my behalf. And in any case, as Radioman pointed out, if we can't do it why should we expect any favours.

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
HakanK said:
Is there a rule in the WC as to fielding your best possible team? There is in many leagues, so I'm curious.

And let's remember; there may be pride at stake after Brazil's poor qualification form. Or maybe it's just hopeful thinking on my behalf. And in any case, as Radioman pointed out, if we can't do it why should we expect any favours.
If there was a rule like that Turkey would be out of the WC after the first game.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts