Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, did anyone see the game?

I have seen a short resume of it. Alex scored the first goal after just 5 minutes, then Vampeta scored from the rebound of a shot by Alex. Almeyda scored to make it 2-1 and finally Vampeta scored the decisive goal.

So, Parma players can take credit for three out of the four goals. I haven't seen the game myself so I can only guess. To me it sounds like Alex was the man of the match together with Vampeta. Can you say: Veron who? :D

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Alex was HUGE.He made a THUNDER shot for Brazil's sercond goal and its a shame it didnt go straight in...I cant believe we will not keep this player! The whole stadium was shouting at Luxemburgo when he replaced him.

Almeyda was ok and scored a goal.Ortega was,as usually with the national team,very good

·
Registered
581 Posts
Argentina scored only 1 goal (first half - minute 46) and that was because Brazil let their guard down after they scored their second goal (first half - minute 45). Did you see how many CLEAR chances Crespo missed? He's a *striker*, he's supposed to score goals but he missed so many clear chances of goals... Not good and he certainly isn't worth 55 million dollars.

K

·
0 Posts
i only watched the goal positions and alex was really great he ll rule when he comes

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Don't badmouth Crespo!

Hey Cyborg!

Crespo miss some chances, that's right. But name a player that score on every chance he gets? You can't, because such a player doesn't exist. Hernan isn't as good as a top form Vieri, Ronaldo or Bati but he comes very close. If I had a choice I would take him rather than the other three. Vieri can't play more than 20 games a season because he's made out of glass, Ronaldo will probably never return to that kind of form and Bati is going old. So, I dare you, name a striker that will contribute more to a team than Hernan over an entire season? Crespo is built like a tank so he can play both Serie A and Champion's League without complaining. Moreover, he's young and still have 5-6 years at the very top.I think he's excelllent value for money compared to the other three, don't you?

·
Registered
581 Posts
Oh, please. I would take Shevchenko any day over Crespo. Shevchenko is younger and has better finishing skills than Crespo.

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Be my guest then Cyborg. Schevchenko is just another Inzaghi to me. He don't score spectacular goals all by himself like Crespo and rely on easy tap ins and being served by his teammates instead... BTW, Schevchenko is untouchable as he play for AC Milan.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
I think Lazio could put their hands on Shevchenko with the a bid similar for this of Crespo.

Shevchenko is a great player,but if I wanted a tunk in the area Crespo would be my man.After MIlosevic OF COURSE :)

·
International
8,545 Posts
Comparing Sheva to Inzaghi? That's horrible, and not at all a good comparison.

Sheva is the man IMO, and I wish he was untouchable, but nobody is these days. Clubs are offering ridiculous amounts of money these days, and the other club owners know a good deal when they see it.

Barca is as big a club as Real, and has more money, but Real still got Figo because they offered a ridiculous amount that nobody in their right mind would turn down.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Not only is Shevchenko a great finisher, but one thing that really impressed me about his play is his tight control and short passing. By the time he's at his prime in three or four years, he may not have any close rivals to challenge him as the best striker in the world.

[Edited by Cyborg on 29-07-2000 at 00:38]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts