Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I couldnt belive it. Last months Argentinian squad looked undefeateble. Then defeat from Brazil (ok its true that match was played in Sao Poulo), which didnt have good game since 2 years ago. Finally it isnt such a big deal because we will show them who is boss(in Argenitina or in the 2002WC).
I cant get it why everyone calls Brasil Stongest Team in World. My opinion is that Brazil players arent even close to Argentinian, Italian or France.

FORZA LAZIO and ARGENTINA

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Argentina lost this one but what the hell ...they will win the World cup.
And what superb assist by Hernan Crespo .:):)
It is very good that he become Lazio player.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I´m in SHOCK !! honestly I would never have expected a defeat this big from our argentine boys :(

It doesn´t really matter if the game was played on holy ground or on mars Argentina has to good a national to be humiliated like this !! I´m cursing myself for missing the game but I was just to tired to stay up until 3 in the morning and I was sure that there was going to be another showing today - but NOOOOOOO :(

I would like a matchreport but it seems clear that the brazilians had the midfield which is not good news for us :( There is no doubt in my mind that the Argentine players are more then happy with their current position in the ranks and I think they´ll let slip this game and comeback with another streak of wins. For Lazio it would have been great if Argentina would have won this game since it might have allowed a rest in the future for our players.

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Immortal,

the reports say that Brazil played with Argentina and the only reason why Argentina could score was because Brazil let their guard down after they scored their second. Still you say that Argentina is much much better than Brazil... I think this goes to prove how much you Lazio fans overrrate your own players. Neither Argentina or Lazio are unbeatable. Oh well, I guess this is particulary sweet for a Parma fan. With Alex and Almeyda being Parma players and all... :)

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
It was Argentina's first defeat, wasn't it? And you guys haven't forgotten who defeated the Brazilians a couple of days a go, have you? ;)

·
Registered
581 Posts
It's time for a reality check to all the Lazio fans: Veron, Simeone, Sensini, Piojo Lopez and Crespo were sh!t against Brazil... Oops!

[Edited by Cyborg on 27-07-2000 at 19:24]

·
XCC Winner 2001
4,440 Posts
It's time for a reality check to you: Veron, Simeone, Sensini, Piojo Lopez and Crespo will rule against which ever club you might be supporting!

·
Registered
581 Posts
Hey DANIJEL, did you see how many CLEAR chances Crespo missed? He's a *striker*, he's supposed to score goals but he missed so many clear chances of goals... Not good and he certainly isn't worth 55 million dollars.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Rediculous Cyborg! I saw the game and the only reason Argentina lost was that the Brazilians had a great game. We all know that Brazil's is on the technical level undisputedly number one in the world, but in this match they all fought too. Their speed was awesome too and players like Vampeta and Emerson, Roque Junior and Evanilson really stepped up while we all know that Rivaldo, Roberto Carlos, Ronaldinho and Alex are great players.

Argentina played well for big parts of the game and what are those Crespo misses you're babbling about ? He had one chance when R. Junior deflected his shot to what SHOULD have been a corner and attempted a dangerous bi-cycle kick when it was impossible to do anything else. Besides he made that great assist for Almeyda's rocket goal. Veron gave everything, but with 75.000 crazy Brazilian fans and a rocking Gialloblu outfit against them there's no shame in losing.
Simeone didn't play well though which made me happy because I detest him and Lopez was admirably covered by superfast Edmilson, but those two apart the Lazio boys did fine.
Brazil had a great game that's all.

Ciao.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Crespo missed the following "CLEAR" chances:
  • First Half: Crespo tries a chilena but fails, this was Crespo trying to show off, Piojo Lopez was in the right position and Crespo could have passed the ball to Piojo and he would have easily scored.
  • Second Half: Crespo fails again, this time he shoots the ball too high and he was so close, can't understand why he failed.
  • Crespo misses a header, this one was unforgivable, he was so close but yet missed again.

[Edited by Cyborg on 27-07-2000 at 21:54]

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
I watched the game live and it was closer than the score suggests. It is a pity for Lazio because Almeyda did play very well. Veron was his excellent self as usual but Claudio Lopez and Crespo didn't look that convincing. El Piojo tried one to many times to go it alone and try to pass the defenders who were just to good for him on that paticular day. Crespo did have that clever assist to Almeyda for the only Argentine goal, but he was far from impressive. Brazil dominated the midfield and that's Argentina's problem, their midfield is some what weak.
And the difference from the Brazil from before and the Brazil of today is their defence is stronger than ever with players like Aldair. Edmilson, Athirson, Cafu and not to forget rocketman Roberto Carlos. Brazil's young starlet Vampeta had the game of his life scoring twice.

This should be a warning to Lazio fans that their team is not invincible as a large portion of their team is comprised of Argentine players.

·
Registered
312 Posts
What worries me the most is that Argentina's midfield is weak compared with Brazil's midfield. That flaw was exposed yesterday.

·
International
6,519 Posts
Why suddently u all ATTACK our new players ?? So what if they played BAD ? Miha played BAD on euro2000, but in Lazio he gives it all ! Crespo missed so many chances, Sajborg ?
Yeah, and like u would score them... NOT !

You are just selfish and jealous of Lazio, that's all.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Hopefully Argentina will make changes in their midfield because it is their weakest point. They have to, if they want to be successful in the next World Cup. Brazil's midfield is light years ahead of Argentina's midfield, unfortunately.

·
Registered
198 Posts
guys..who the hell cares if argentina lost or whatever...this is a lazio forum remember..the important thing is that OUR players (Veron, Simeone, Sensini, Piojo- not sure about lopez and crespo but definetly veron)_ played a great match........the second thing is that whatever the standard of football brazil is playing...they r still the best of the world..
.........and isgna...the argentinian midfield is weak?????
get a life...ur really sick

·
Registered
312 Posts
After seeing the game yesterday, Argentina's midfield is WEAK compared with the Brazilian midfield. Sorry if you don't like to read this but it's true. BTW, Veron made many wrong passes yesterday.

·
Premier Player
2,669 Posts
Hey isgna, wait until Brazil comes to Buenos Aires. Than their midfield will look weak, or should I say not existent? And hey, who wants to see Brazil winning all the time? I think I´m not the only one who was happy when they lost to France in 98 just to see Brazil loosing!

Always Brazil is BORING!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I think Argentinian forwards tried but.....with such a powerful defence comanded by Milan's newest soldiers, Roque Junior and Dida, nothing could be done!
Is this a sign of things to come???? :O

PS: to bad for Ayala though :(

Forza Milan

·
Second Place Winner, February 2013 XT Photo Conte
6,300 Posts
I think this is a wake-up call for Argentina. They really should take a serious look at their defense first, then midfield. I love the Argies but they did take things for granted a bit too much lately.

I still believe in the magic of Veron-Lopez-Crespo. Argentina will learn from this :cool:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts