Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok,lets say that Brazil has a WC to play in the summer,who would be your 22? keep it realistic (Ze,dont start about Mauro Galvao and Dodo,Dudu and Didi ok? :))

GOALKEEPERS

Nelson Silva DIDA (Corinthians)
MARCOS Roberto Silveira (Palmeiras)
Claudio TAFFAREL (Galatasaray)

DEFENDERS

Marcos Evangelista CAFU (Roma)
ROBERTO CARLOS Da Silva (Real Madrid)
Antonio Carlos ZAGO (Roma)
Raimundo Ferreira Ramos JUNIOR BAIANO (Vasco Da Gama)
Jose Vitor ROQUE JUNIOR (Palmeiras)
ALDAIR Nascimento Dos Santos (Roma)
ATHIRSON Mazolli de Oliveira (Flamengo)
Aparecido Ferreira EVANILSON (Dortmund)

MIDFIELDERS

Marcos Andre Batista dos Santos VAMPETA (Corinthians)
Alexsandro De Souza ALEX (Palmeiras)
Ferreira Da Rosa EMERSON (Leverkusen)
FELIPE Jorge Lureiro (Vasco Da Gama)
Vitor Barbosa RIVALDO (Barcelona)
Jesus Marcos Dos Santos ZE ROBERTO (Leverkusen)

FORWARDS

Marcio Dos Santos AMOROSO (Parma)
EDILSON Da Silva Ferreira (Corinthians)
Giovane ELBER (Bayern Munich)
Ronaldo De Assis Moreira RONALDINHO GAUCHO (Gremio)

------------------
The sun will rise again...and it will be...GIALLOBLU!

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok I made a very hard try (this damn topic took me about 30') to remember all these names (I'm ace on that though) and so I must be forgiven for forgeting EDMUNDO O ANIMAL!

Add Edmundo to the previus squad adn we are ok.

------------------

·
THE
13,983 Posts
Ok, my knowledge of brazilian football is practically non existing,so it may be stupid question, but there is one thing I don't understand, why is Roberto Carlos defender. I mean, he plays anywhere but his original place left back as much as I'v seen him play.

·
Banned
37,734 Posts
Ok amoroso,
good squad. By the way why did you put their full names, or nicknames with names?

So my supposition is taht Brazil were invited to the EUro 2000, as we are invited normally to the gold cup...and Ronaldo is out!

Goalies:

1. Dida (Corinthians)
12. Clemer (Flamengo)
WIll not take Marcos (Palmeiras) cause he is playing crap now, taking silly goals, although Clemer did take a silly one against Vasco

Full Backs:

2. Cafu
6. Roberto Carlos
16. Athirson (Flamengo)
14. Felipe (Vasco)
Will take 3 left backs as we got no decent right backs...and Felipe can play anywhere! :)

Defenders:
3. Antonio Carlos
4. Mauro Galvao (Vasco)
13. Roque Jr. (Palmeiras)
22. Cacapa (Atletico-MG)

Midfield

5. Emerson
8 Vampeta (Corinthians)
15. Flavio Conceicao
10. Rivaldo
7. Marcelinho (Corinthians)
18. Juninho (Vasco)
21. Ricardinho (Corinthians)

Attack:

11. Romario (Vasco)
9. Amoroso ...that's for you Amo :)
20. Edilson (Corinthians)
17. Edmundo (Vasco)
19. Ronaldinho Gaucho (Gremio)

so the team would be:

Dida
Cafu, A. Carlos, M Galvao, R Carlos

Vampeta Emerson

Marcelinho/Juninho Rivaldo

Romario(c), Edmundo/Edilson

i think this team don't even have to bother to play, give them trophy already :)

Kat, he's a left back. It's part of the brazilian philosophy of football, that full backs attack, and help out the attack. When they attack you normally have 7 players attacking, and when you defend you also have the same number. If somebody runs at his back, the defensive midfielder should cover him. That's since Nilton Santos in the 50's/60's......he's nickname was the Encyclopedia of Football! :)

------------------
GAVIOES DA FIEL
Pelo Corinthians, com muito amor...ate o fim.
LHP - THE WORLD IS OURS!!!

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well,when I write lists of "official" 22 I like it to look "official".Ok you may underrstood what I ment with "Marcos Andre Batista dos Santos" or "Jesus Marcos Dos Santos" but the rest would find it quite difficult to understand. :) So I put the nicknames as well...with capital letters.

ok,niow explain please who is Cacapa and WHY does a 39 year old defender like Mauro Galvao has to start every line up of yours?

I didnt really wanted to take Evanilson and Elber but I couldnt thought of anyone else for a right back and for a forward,I didnt want to take boty Edmundo and Romario because they dont go very well together...so I pick Edmundo and left romario home.Ricardinho and Marclinho Carioca NO! in my team...they are both great players but as fas as I know theri character suck and I dont want to disturb the clima in my dressing rooms. :) no place for Flavio Conseisao since I have Emerson and Vampeta for anchoring roles and Felipe can play there.I pick Ze Roberto who doesnt make your team because I think he is one of the best left sided players in the world.

I would start:

____________Dida______________
___Roque Junior____Aldair________
Cafu_______________Roberto Carlos
_________Vampeta______________
_________Emerson______________
__Amoroso________Rivaldo_______
_________Edmundo______________

------------------

·
Banned
37,734 Posts
See Amoroso,
The problem is not Romario but Edmundo. Romario is not naughty,....he just says the truth all the time...and if somebody wants to have a fight with him, he'll have it...and he will always win! :)
Edmundo lost his....Romario came to play in his team, and was top scorer of all the 3 tournamets that Vasco has played since Romario is playing fo them.
Ricardinho is a good guy, and MArcelinh is just a hypocrit...but who cares, he plays football, and his free kick will win games.
Mauro Galvao is the best brazilian player, runs like a kid. As the tournament would be now, i see no problem in putting him! :)
Cacapa plays for Atletico...he's pretty good and solid, he's in LUxemburgo's team! :)
And Felipe is more naughty than all the players exept Edmundo! :)

------------------
GAVIOES DA FIEL

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
ok this is my team:
goalkeepers:dida,taffarel,germano

defenders:zago,cafu,odvan,joao carlos,athirson,roque junior,roberto carlos,junior baiano.

midfielders:emerson,vampeta,alex,rivaldo,ze roberto,marcos assuncao,flavio.

forwards:ronaldinho gaucho,amoroso,felipe,jardel

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
one question about mauro galvao?
isn't he very old,he played in world cup 1990.

·
Banned
37,734 Posts
Yes he is nasty nick
just one thing, Felipe can play in a lot of positions but not in attack :)
And taffarel does not want to play for Brazil no more! Which is good news for us :)
Ok he does saves penalties but that's it!

------------------
GAVIOES DA FIEL

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
ok then we have marcos,as the third keeper.
he seems to be ok.
i always thought felipe was a forward,the player who was close to as roma last year?
if he's not,then we have elber from bayern on that position.

·
International
5,629 Posts
If you're talking about older Brazilian central defenders ( Mauro and Aldair) why not bring up one of the best in Aloisio?? He's 36 and absolutely shut down Elber and CO. twice?? :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts