Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
who will be brasil's captain for the game against argentina? i heard its gonna be either antonio carlos or cesar sampaio...
about cafu, im really disapointed id dont think he should be captain anymore, he is not a good example, n he left the brasil "headquarters" now that, we probably needed him the most. i dont think thats the attitude of a captain, even if he isnt gonna play he should still be there, n help in other ways. i think i was one of the few people that were pleased he was brasils captain, i thought he was gonna make a great captain, it seems i was wrong.
a real captain is (although i hate to admit it) antonio conte (juventus+italy) im not even sure if he was italys captain, but i do know that even afterr he got injured in euro 2000, he continued with the team supporting, bringing hope and screamin his ass off from the bench. that is a player i respect.
many people might disagree with me but this is my opinion.
i think emerson(although he is very pront to get carded during matches) or roberto carlos should be captain.
----
btw if any of u disagree with or have any problems with me im gonna be away for a few days so its gonna have to wait

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
i think it shuld be cesar sampaio or robertino.
Luxemburgo has said that Cafu will not be the captain of his team no more...for running away at themost crucial moment....WHAT A COWARD....TYPICAL SAO PAULO F.C ATTITUDE....put some blood in this team...put some Corinthians players!:)

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
Roberto Carlos should be the captain no doubt. He or the great RIVALDO himself hahaha

·
Registered
405 Posts
I don't understand Cafu, how can he leave the team at this very moment???I think something happens between him and Luxemburgo, actually the one who I don't understand is Luxemburgo, it seems that he couldn't get along with most of the players.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Cafu is one of the best players in the world, so his international career is not over. Look, just a few days ago he was captain of the most loved team in the world. He will be back, even if he's not captain.

But Cafu never should have been captain in the first place. He is a punk. He makes lots of dumb decisions, like getting a second yellow card for wasting time in the WC98 quarterfinal against Denmark and missing the semifinal, or that foolishness he did against Paraguay last week.

Antonio Carlos captain? OK, I can deal with that. I would like to see him out of the team, but for now, without Cafu on the field, I can agree with his selection as captain. He is good at opening his mouth and he knows how to play. Sometimes he plays all defense, other times he plays defense and offense, depending on what the team needs. He's a smart players.

uDuD, I like Conte, too. Too bad Brazil doesn't have a player like him.

Roberto Carlos captain? No way, he's another hothead who makes dumb decisions. Have you ever seen him play, he just runs around like a chicken without a head. He doesn't follow the flow of the game like everybody else. People are impressed when they see him running back to defense at full speed in the 85th minute, but why was he so far out of position in the first place? He often goes roaming in the attack when Brazil is short on defense. He did the same thing against Paraguay, spending all his time attacking when Cafu was already gone.

Emerson is a future captain of this team!

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
Emerson will be a fantastic captain of Brazil one day but i doubt he willbe fo r along time because he will only captain Brazil after R9 retires which will probably be at about 30 due to his injuries.

Sadly R9 look like being the next Van Basten.

R9 will be captain by th etime the W.C. comes around because Lux will probably soon be fired.......he shouldn't be but he will.

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
falcao,
just one thing of your post that i disagree....Emerson as captain....I think we should throw stones at him, and his rational football:(
He is not a leader, the press tried to make him a leader, a sort og new Dunga but the guy is a idiot. I don't like him:(
Leave Antonio Carlos, a least he shouts, and beats people up.....giving respect to our team:)

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
ze da fiel, remember emerson was captain of the under-23 team that went to the final of the confederations cup. but you are right, antonio carlos is a good leader because he has a big mouth and he's not afraid to tell people what to do or what they are doing wrong. plus, because he's a defender, he sees the whole field in front of him all the time.

what happens if/when cafu returns to the team?

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
cafu wil not be captain again....Luxemburgo simply said taht if he was the captain he would stay i a momnet like this..and that is not an attitude of a captain...and he is right!
But I doubt Cafu will not be called up again...we need him, he's the only decent right back we have!:(
falcao go to let's go to the chat...we are online!:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts