Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well let's hear it guys hahahaa

Well i could blame it all on Zanetti's injury and Batigol's absence but i think Argentina wre beaten fair and square.

Congrats........of course this doesn't change my opinion in you Brasileros nor does it bring about any respect for your football on my part.

But you played a good game better than out of sorts Argentina.

COngrats seems like flair has out done discipline after all. :):):)

I am officially going into hiding....give me a week or so to recover :):):)

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
wherever you hide, you will hear the samba drums beating!

first of all, i saw the game. zanetti's injury and batigol's absence had NOTHING to do with the final score. zanetti was doing his usually good stuff, but emerson was in control of the midfield. zanetti was replaced but the eventual goal scorer for argentina, i believe, so it was a wash. batigol would have been useless because antonio carlos made sure the ball never reached your attackers.

about flair versus discipline, you are wrong. sure, arg played with discipline. but brazil played with flair AND DISCIPLINE, TOO! the brasileiros had one mission: play the ball toward the argentina goal! it may sound simple, but it was the key. in ALL the other qualifiers, brazil would build an attack SLOWLY, get nothing, and then somehow work the ball all the way back to dida and the defenders to start again. the attack was so slow that the other defense always was prepared. but against arg, brazil attacked with speed and urgency. vampeta, alex and ronaldinho made some great sprints through the arg midfield and into the defense. and it was all done with flair. even ze roberto finally figured out which way the goal is!

·
Registered
581 Posts
Maybe if Crespo hadn't missed the 3 CLEAR goals he missed Argentina wouldn't have lost. You can't waste a few good chances you get to score and Crespo wasted 3 good ones.

• First Half: Crespo tries a chilena but fails, this was Crespo trying to show off, Piojo Lopez was in the right position and Crespo could have passed the ball to Piojo and he would have easily scored.
  • Second Half: Crespo fails again, this time he shoots the ball too high and he was so close, can't understand why he failed.
  • Crespo misses a header, this one was unforgivable, he was so close but yet missed again.

[Edited by Cyborg on 27-07-2000 at 23:12]

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
falcao,
taht was because of Alex and Vampeta, Ze Roberto still continues to put hte team donw........and please luxemburgo BAN EVANILSON FROM THE NATIONAL TEAM!!!!!:(

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Listen up guys......Argentina didn't need to play against Brasil to play their first goood game of qualifying. They were able to inspire themselves to defeat little teams like Venezuela Ecuador and showed consistency.

That is discipline but head to head flair won.

if you wanna be honest throughout the campaign Argies have been more mentally disciplined that the Brasileros.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
tazz, your discipline is a bunch of crap. if you want to take pride in beating venezuela and ecuador, go ahead. call it discipline if you want. but know this: if brazil NEEDED to beat paraguay, they would have done if 5-0, and i'm sure you know that.

sure, brazil should have taken paraguay more seriously and gone out and won the damn game, because ALL GAMES ARE IMPORTANT. but don't try to justify argentina's loss to brazil as just another game. you cannot say that a win over venezuela and an embarassing loss to brazil balance each other out. it does not work like that.

argentina suffered a horrible blow when they were manhandled by the mighty giants of brazil. argentina is a big fish in a little pond right now, beating up and bullying little girl teams like ecuador and bolivia. brazil is a sleeping giant, waiting to wake up at the right moment and kill all opponents.

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Tazz,
stop making excuses..DIscipline this and that....if discpline won games JAPAN would win every world cup...simple as that.
What win is talent...people who know how to play football...and when it cames to talenmt on the ball..NOBODY BEATS US!!!
SO what argentina is on the front.....they have played easier games than us.....no we get the easy guys..Bolivia , Venezuela and Chile....while you guys get teh BEST...uruguay, Peru (always a nightmaner for the argies), and Paraguya..best defense of south america!!!.
Tazz....wake up man......reconstruct a new theory...your old one is a load of garbage!,

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
being a Korean and watching the Korean team has left a bad taste on discipline. The Koreans play a very disciplined style because they have NO TALENT!!! Not that you should go on the other extreme but stressing discipline too much leads to boring football.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
you are right, too much discipline is BORING. it is killing the sport. that's why i'm so happy italy lost that euro2000 final to france. france is disciplined, but they also are CREATIVE in the midfield and young and talented up front, so they are nice to watch sometimes. italy without baggio or vieri puts me to sleep.

·
Registered
75 Posts
its intresting to note how (in general) Argentine supporters are quick to cite the absence of Bati and the injury of Zanetti when the game against Brasil is talked about but they always "forget" about the absence of Brasil's two starting strikers: Ronaldo and Amoroso. Imagine if Ronaldo and Amoroso had played supported by Rivaldo and Alex. Argentina would have needed a truck to carry the chocalate they would have acquired in Morumbi stadium that night.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
that's a very good point, inter fan. many of the argie fans said "well, if we had batigol ..." but you have to remember this: batigol was replaced by hernan crespo, one of the best strikers in the world! argentina was not a weaker team. and zanetti was replaced by the guy who scored, so what kind of excuse is that?

brazil, meanwhile, has not found a replacement for ronaldo-amoroso. but i have NEVER heard that used as an excuse for the team's poor play in the world cup qualifiers.

argentina fans need to face the facts: a full-strength argentina was beaten badly by a brazil team playing without its top two strikers of a year ago.

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Inter Fan,
instead of reminding our abseces....(it will take me the whole day to type in here) let's remind oursellves that Luxemburgo is having some mercy on Argentina by putting a EVANILSON and a ZE ROBERTO in the team......and they still lose from us:):):)

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Honestly guys......the way Alex scored that goal and both Vampeta's goals have absolutely nothing to do with discipline.

That was Argentina's most indisciplined game of the qualifiers.

Was Brasil miles better on the night? BY FAR YES!!!!!!!

Who has been better so far? Argentina....BY FAR YES!!!!!!

Easier oponents? Like COlombia? Or Ecuador?

Let's see how Argentina handle Paraguay and how you guys handle CHile and then we will talk about this again.

Italy is boring to you FALCAO!!!!!! I enjoy watching Italy play more than watching Brasil score 200 goals in a game because for me i prefer Nesta to Ronaldo.

The only reason R9 has a special place in my heart is because of INTER....other than that i much more appreciate Nesta Canavarro or Maldini.

AND GEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i am not saying everyone should i am simply saying that I DO!!!!!!!!!!!

I say that to say this.....You guys cannot simply say that Italy is BORING!!!!!!!!!!......you mean boring for you not everyone in the world.

For me i would rather watch Holland Italy than Brasil Thailand. ANYDAY>>>>>>!!!!!!!

Its a matter of appreciation.

As for Brasil Argentina......you soundly defeated us in this one game........i am not denying that fact you were much better than Argentina here........and........what? I SAY 15-11 what do you say?

INCONSISTENCY..........vs..........CONSISTENCY!!!!!!!!!!!

Sigh...........

FORZA CATENACCIO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Tazz,
just one thing...don't put Thailand as an oponent, I say i rather see Brazil play Argentina , than Argentina play Italy. well this one is wrong cause of ocurse i would prefer to see rbazil over any team:)

Well, I rather see England play Argentina than England play Italy...is that better?

COME ON ENGURLUND!!!:) Those that kill you tazz????:)

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
THE English hmmmmmmmmmm.......i hate the English football system soooooooo much that i don't care who they play but Italy or Argentina well.......i would have to say i prefer to see probably Argentina play them because if Italy lose i would be devastated and all the ENglish living on my island would get in my face.

Anyway Argentina England is a classic and Argentina always kick their pathetic butts.

Italy England is no competition. England cannot face Italy.....neither can brasil.

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Why can't we tazz?
remember 1970, 78, 94???
Althugh the tie is even.....5 wins to the masters, 2 ties and 5 wins to Catenaccio.
the last game you ugys were 2 x0 up and we fought back to make it 3x3.....Romario scoring 2 goals!:)

CAUSE WERE ENGURLUD...ENGURLUND ARE WE..CAUSE WE ARE THE GREATEST FOOTBALL TEAM....ARE WE ENGURLUND!!!!!:)

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You support England Ze? hahahahahahhahaha

yeah you are indeed MIGHTY ENGURLAND ENGURLAND ENGURLAND!!!!!!!!! hahahahahahahaa

What freaking pathetic nation of footballers.....clowns like Paulince and Dennis Wise untouchables in your line up.

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Yeah i do Mr Tazz:)
I lived many years in Wales...which for me is the same thing as England.....don't tell the welsh that though!:)
I don;t care how crap they are...just as long they are England!:) The mighty BARMY ARMY!:)

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
England is the most over rated team in Europe......just like Brasil.

England consider themselves to be great..HHHHAAAAAAAAAARRRRRR!!!!!!!

Beckham an untouchable? HAAARRRR!!!!!!!! Even Keiron Dyer is superior.

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Tazz,
if we are overated what is Argentina then?
they laways lose to us....last 2 WC we've reached the final....and the last 2 WC they have been eliminated BEFORE teh semis.
Also, they say their youthj is this and that...our U-23 outplayed them.....we have won the U17 TWICE iun the last competitions, and we have reached the last world U21 in higher position then them.
ALso we won the Toulon cup last year!:)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts