Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, finally we will play one of our two main rivals...Uruguay. The always give us tremendous headaches.
Luxemburgo will call the team on the 14. I really don't know what he is going to do, cause the Euroepan players are 2 weeks without training and the Corinthians players are on holiday for a week now. Palmeiras players are on the finals of LIbertadores, so are Vasco and Flamengo players. So really Luxemburgo will have to do some real tough physical training, specially considering that we face the always violent Uruguayans.
I don't know if he wil call Romario, cause he was awful on Sunday, just coming back from his injury, he din't kick the ball to goal once! But Luxemburgo must have in mind that Romario's favourite team is Uruguay. He scored the winning goal of the copa American in 89 agaisnt them, and in 93 he put us in the world cup, after scoring 2 goals, and playing the best game of his life.....probably hte best game i've seen a player play!
I think Luxemburgo should call Amaral (vasco) and Vagner (sao paulo) to give this midfield and extra punch, more tackling etc... Emerson is not giving us that fighting spirit, we need a tougher defensive midfielder...that's my opinion any way. Also, will he finally call Ricardinho? I hope so!:)

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
Salzburg (yeah, Ze, home of Mozart) just bought a national player from Uruguay. Salzburg finished 6th in austrian league (that's from a 10 teams league) and get an Uru national ? Must be a rather weak team currently, so don't worry. :)

CESF

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the call up by a rather dumb Luxemburgo:

Goleiros: Dida (Corinthians) e Carlos Germano
(Santos)

Laterais: Cafu (Roma-ITA), Roberto Carlos (Real
Madrid-ESP) e Athirson (Flamengo)

Zagueiros: Antonio Carlos (Roma-ITA), Aldair
(Roma-ITA) e Roque Júnior (Palmeiras)

Volantes: Emerson (Bayer Leverkusen - ALE),
Vampeta (Corinthians) e Marcos Assunção (Roma -
ITA)

Meias: Rivaldo (Barcelona - ESP), Zé Roberto (Bayer
Leverkusen - ALE) e Alex (Palmeiras)

Atacantes: Sávio (Real Madrid - ESP), Ronaldinho
(Grêmio), Élber (Bayern Munique - ALE) e França
(São Paulo).

Why Marcos Assuncao and Savio, that puff. It will be battered to death by the Uruguayns if he gets a game!. Were is Edilson and Ricardinho? He only called to offensive midfielders, Alex and Rivaldo!:(

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
luxemburgo is out of his mind! romario is healthy, so where is he? why are elber and savio in the team instead of romario? i like elber and savio, but they do not belong in the uruguay game. elber has not scored for brasil in a long time, and savio has only played one game for brasil in the last couple of years. they won't score; romario would definitely score in a big maracana game like this.

luxemburgo's brain is made of wood! in three world cup games, brasil has four goals. antonio carlos (defender) has 2. the other goals came from midfield. THE ATTACKERS OF BRASIL HAVE NOT SCORED ONE GOAL IN THE WORLD CUP GAME SO FAR. we need romario-ronaldinho guacho in the front to make people scared.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I'm happy that Ronaldinho is back, but where is Romario?????
In the past three qualifying games, the forwards didn't even score a goal, but A.Carlos scored 2. What a pity!!!!! Romario is healthy now, so Luxemburgo doesn't have any reason for not picking him. He gives a chance to Savio, so why not Romario??? Moreover, can someone tell me that why Elber is still in the team???

Uruguay is much stronger than Columbia, Ecuador and Peru, maybe Luxemburgo need a punch on his head, if Brazil loses...(touchwood)

We still couldn't find the right pair of strikers, we've tried 3 different pairs in the past 3 games, so it's really time now. We couldn't wait till Ronaldo recovers, I'm afraid that it would take almost a year for him to come back to form again.

Brazil isn't playing like Brazil now, the players are struggling on the field, I really want to see the beautiful football again!!!

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Romario is coming back from injury, he had an awful game on sunday (as the whole vasco team). He should be called up for the Paraguay game.
Now Savio is on th BENCH for Real Madrid. Ricadinho is miles better than him. Even Denislon would be a better choice, an would be bring more agrresive football. Marcos Assuncao? WHY CALL HIM? Why not give Amaral (Vasco) or Vagner (Sao Paulo) a chance they are much better than Marcos Assuncao.
Still insists on a left back to create goals for the attack, Ze Roberto!
Elber? why waste more time on him? At least he got rid of Amoroso! Were is EDILSON????Why not call Guilherme instead who is putting all the goals in for Atletico-MG, if he needs a natural goalscorer?
Luxemburgo is gonne crazy, now he will have Osvaldo Oliveira as his assitant coach, he will have 3 thicking heads (himself, Candinho and Osvaldo) and still has not got a decent defense, a desent midfield that lacks on tackling and creativity and an attack that is not being feeded well, and therefore cannot score goals.

The team I (Ze da Fiel) woud put on this game, considering its Uruguay, a very tough game i would put this team out:

Dida

Cafu Antonio Carlos Roque Jr Robertino (Athirson)

Vampeta Amaral

Ricardinho Rivaldo

Edilson Franca (Romario if he got good in time)

NOw what LuxemBURRO will put:

Dida

Cafu Antonio Calros Aldair (ups):( Robertino

Emerson Vampeta

Ze Roberto (Alex) Rivaldo

Ronaldinho Gaucho Franca (Elber):(

Flashman, were are you from??

·
Registered
405 Posts
Ze da Fiel, I live in Hong Kong, and I don't have any chances to watch any matches from South America, neither the national teams nor the local clubs. I've only watched 1 match of Brazil since Copa America 99, Brazil VS England, therefore I don't know much about the players who play in Brazil.

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no problem flashman...just was wondering:)
anyway stick around, cause here we talk about brasil, club and national team 24 hours per day:)
Noiw after watching those Euro games, i am already putting that Brazilian smile on the face...cause in 2002 I doubt anybody will stop us:):)

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Luxemburgo calls EVANILSON to the place of Athirson!
He calls a stupid right back for the place of a left back. Why din't he call Silvinho, Serginho, Felipe,Junior, Fabio Aurelio etc..etcc
IS THIS A JOKE???? WHAT A ****!
FORA LUXEMBURRO!!!!!
GET HIS STUPID SUIT AND GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
ze da fiel, what do you mean when you say nobody can stop brazil in world cup 2002? i know you have seen portugal play! portugal would destroy brazil. the only hope brazil would have is if they went down 1-0 or 2-0 and then remembered how they are supposed to play. but i think, at this point, even the memories of the beautiful brazil are gone from these players. when you put brazil and portugal side by side, you see who the masters are right now. it's portugal. right now, portugal could beat any team in the world except italy.

if portugal gave up 2 goals to italy, it would be over. portugal reminds me very much of my favorite team, brazil 1982: terrible goalie, defenders who quickly play the ball into attack, midfielders who run at the other team's defenders and who are not afraid to shoot, and attackers who run all over the place to get into good positions to have a chance to score.

forza portugal!!!

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Common falcao.
Don't say that, if we play Portugal we would beat them...we always have.Its not beacause they are playing good , that you can say they would beat us. I doubt, and i doubt tehy would even detroy us in history. The masters will always be us. Why are Portugal the masters??? only cause they played one good game agaisnt a team that gave them miles of space?
Their defense is not all that.....Scholes scored alone and McManaman aswell,and their attack is not a major factor. The only true talents really are Rui Costa and Figo, that's it !
The thing is that we are not playing with heart, and the creativity and the tackling is lacking, that's why I think Amaral should get on this team and Ricardinho.
BUt anyway falcao, even playing crap we are still winning, imagine when we start playing good?

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Only 13 players are training wiht Luxemburgo today in Granja Comary.
Carlos Germano , Franca (might not play cause of injury), Ronaldinho Gaucho, roqeu Jr. and Alex, will only show up later. They have to play games for their teams in the Brazil cup and Gaucho league !
franca din't play yesterday in the game, he might be ruled out of htte Uruguya game....that would be a very bad blow. No Edmundo, Romario, Ronaldo and now Franca! The injuries are ruining our team!:(

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ronaldinho Gaucho will be the parteer of Franca, provided he is fit.
I agree with you, Elber is a boring ****!:(

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
Luxemburgo "not worried" about lack of goals from strikers

As Brazil prepare to field their fourth strike partnership in four games (expected to be França, if fit, and Ronaldinho), coach Wanderley Luxemburgo says that the lack of goals from strikers in the World Cup 2002 qualifiers don't bother him at all. In their three games to dater Brazil have fielded Jardel, Élber, Edílson, Amoroso, Edmundo and França - and none of them have scored. Top scorers so far are midfielder Rivaldo and defender Antônio Carlos, both with two goals.

But this doesn't worry Luxemburgo, as long as the team wins. "I don't see any problem (in an attack that doesn't score goals). The important thing is that we're getting positive results. In a competition we have to have a team in general. Until now we have an average of three goals per game. Even so, we're always going to have problems in the eliminators", said the coach.

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
França

Striker França has been given a deadline of Thursday (22/06) to recover from his thigh injury or he will be dropped from the squad. The São Paulo player, who missed the Paulista final because of his injury, was expected to pair up with Ronaldinho Gaúcho at the front of the squad. No names have yet been mentioned as a possible replacement.

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
Shaping things up:

The first objective of the national team is largely the responsibility of trainer Antonio Melo. He needs to whip his boys back into shape as soon as possible, as the European contingent have been on holiday for several weeks now. Training is now well underway in Teresopolis for the upcoming game against Uruguay.

Of the 18 players called up by national team coach Wanderley Luxemburgo, only 13 are training at Granja Comary at the moment. The other players have been allowed to represent their clubs in decisive matches in the Copa do Brasil and will only join the squad on Sunday.

While this is the case, the first adjustments are being made in Teresopolois. The Brazilian attacking line up may be changed, as doctors are still awaiting a full report on the condition of striker Franca (Sao Paulo).

“He needs to play on Saturday against Palmeiras. However, we have already been in touch with his club’s medical team” said Luxemburgo

Franca missed the state championship final against Santos last Sunday, and he may well be dropped from the national side if he is not fit to play against Palmeiras on Saturday. According to technical advisors, it would make more sense to call up another striker if Franca cannot play this weekend.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Luxemburgo says he's not worried when the attack scores no goals? He is CRAZY!! How can you expect to win when the attackers don't score? The way the attackers are playing, Brazil might be better if Luxemburgo put Ronaldo9 in the team. Maybe a ball would bounce off him and go in the net. That would be more than Brazil got from Elber, Jardel, Franca, Amoroso, Edilson and Edmundo combined!

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
GUILHERME CALLED UP

Falcao,
he is not worried cause the problme is not in the attack but in MIDFIELD!
And Ronaldo is not being missed! Franca , Edilson, Edmundo ALL give much more heart to the team than Ronaldo!

Franca is out, and Guilherme has been called up:)
He saw him playing yesterday, and he is in top form:) he gets the ball and simply finishes deadly. I hope he gets a game in the place of Elber, cause I think he will cause more damage than him!

[Edited by Ze da Fiel on 23-06-2000 at 01:36]

1 - 20 of 67 Posts