Xtratime Community banner

Brazil against the Turks

• A walk in the park..playing 60% of the capacity

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Tough win

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Being taught the existince of the Ottoman Empire!

Votes: 7 38.9%
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let's go to meet them again.

This will be a different game than the first one. Both teams are already on a roll fo teh tournament and the anxiety of that first game is gonne.

We have raised our game considerably since that agme, but so have Turkey.

TOday while watching the Turkey game, i was hoping Senegal would go through as i thoght they would be an easier tem for us. However, it's Turkey. They have a pretty good defense, and a good midfield with that Emre and Basturk......however the attack does not seem to be all that.

They are all saying that they want revenge against us. Actaully they should praise us, cause it was us that helped them qualify in the first round! If we had played lame against Costa Rica and the central americans had drawn tah game, Turkey would now be out of the tournament.

On our side now.
Well unfortunately Ronaldo is feeling some pain inhi muscles. Hope we get him fit, if not Felipao has already stated that his direct replacement is Luizao! Ok that Luizao is not even in breathing reach of Ronaldo's football, but when he is on the pitch he normally gets things done his way.....which is translated into GOALS!;) :tongue: ;)

Also, a big blow is Ronaldinho Gaucho's absence. That stupid silly ref sent him off for nothing!. Felipao has said this morning that he still has to decide who will come on. It will be either Juninho, Kaka, Edilson or Denilson. If I was the manager it would be Ricardinho, specially if Luizao is on the pitch as they know each other well from the ALL POWERFUL CORINTHIANS:tongue: ;) :D :D

Also, with this move we would have a very complete midfield, with players that can both distribute and tackle propely..... GIlberto Silva, Klberson and Ricardinho would give a good pattern for a game, and we would have an unbelievable passesion with those 3. If we have the same possesion as we had in the Engalnd game, I think we can beat Turkey by a good margin.....however there team is quite good tactically and they have some creative midfielders which Kleberson and Gilberto Silva need to pick up.

I think Felipao will go with Juninho. I wish he went with Ricardinho, pity that he is not even considering this move.....Felipao that role is Ricardinho's orginal position in Corinthians!:fero: ;) :cool:

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
I don't know, i am not even excited or upbeat about this match. Its seems just hollow. Brazil to overcome the Turks in a WC semi-final. Hell Lets go and bury them with Brazilian flair.

P.S. - would have loved to see Brazil winning against a better team.

Anyway VIVA BRAZIL.

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
Time to meet again!

Since Brazil game, we have been playing very well, extremely organized at the back and creative in midfield, but mr hakan sucker has just been awful.

Hopefully, coach gunes will realize we got better players in the bench than him and we may actually be able to convert our opportunities to goals this time.

Sas, Emre and Tugay are very impressive currently in midfield. Basturk is not doing as well. Umit has picked up him game very much since Brazil game, scored 2 and assisted our winner against Senegal today.

You will face a much more confident and effective Turkish side this time and the last game's bitter lose in the final 4 minutes by a made up penalty is still in all the players minds. I know also that Rivaldo will meet great welcome from the players:D

Good luck, we are underdogs, as we have always been since the begging of the tournament, but we will go out for a win.

Brazil are clear favorites, but I remind, a lot of "favorites" have been left out so far.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Carlito, do you think Günes has got the guts to leave Hakan Sükür out of the team? He's the captain and with his reputation etc, do you think he will do it?

Today's performance by him was really sad...he looks like an old man now, he was always to late to take his chances etc...
Shame for a great player with this kinda reputation to be humiliated like this in the World Cup...

I think Turkey may better off starting with Ilhan, but I think Günes will give Hakan yet another chance...

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Sukur and Turkey

I think think this is going to be a very, very, very hard match. Turkey, like ourselves, have progressed as a team during the tournament - they're much faster and more fluid now than they were on our first encounter. Their mid, with Sas, Basturk and Davala, is very hard to stop, even though Sukur was pathethic - but I don't really believe Sukur will start against Brazil. Their manager can't be that blind - can he?

And then there's the matter of that bad penalty call from the first game. The Turks may use that as a motivation (though it hardly seems necessary to find 'extra motivation' - after all this is a World Cup semifinal!!). And Rivaldo may find some unfriendly faces, yes, particularly from the lowlife scumbag who shot the ball at him and was sent off for it. If the scumbag does it again, I hope the referee sends him off again - like he should. ;)

Peace.

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Garrincha,
I hope they really come to attack us and wanting to get Rivaldo. More free kicks for us is even better and if tehy open up at the back, we'll stuff them with goals just like we did with Costa Rica that came out to attack us the whole game and got what they deserved!

I just hope that Ronaldo gets fit.

But it will be a tough game. Althugh if in the start of the tournament people asked me who would you prefer in a semi final between : Argentina, Engalnd, France or Turkey, I would definilty settle for Turkey!;)

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
But that would be the beginning of the tournament. England did not have what it takes to beat you(creative organized midfielders) and we do.

Rafael;
I really fear he may start Sukur again...i really fear this...Ilhan is a much better player currently, be it finishing most importantly ( noone would know this but he was the top scorer in the turkish league this past season with 22 goals), then dribbling, passing, pace and the best of all, some f*ucking AMBITION which clearly does not exist in Hakan. I really do not know what has happenned to this man, I believe he has some serious psychological problems. I am not making fun of him, I really think he has mental issues because he is not concentrated at all!
but coach may start him again, see how he does in the first half and substitute with Ilhan later on. He will also see a lot of pressure from the media, so I am still hopeful for Ilhan in line up.

Dont fool yourselves thinking the players will go out there and attack on rivaldo etc. That will not happen! They got their lesson in the first game, they are not that idiots.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
we would have had an easier game with senegal, because the africans would have attacked us for 90 minutes, like costa rica did. turkey will play a much smarter game, with tight defense beginning in the midfield. it's gonna be a difficult match, much like the first time we met, but the result should be the same: victory for brazil. i just don't see how a team with experienced players like cafu, rivaldo, ronaldo, etc., and a coach like felipao will let a serious underdog knock them out of the world cup semifinal.

ze, i hear ronaldo is going to be ok to start. he started feeling the thigh pain in the first half, but he kept playing and was able to go back out for the second half. if ronaldinho didn't get the red card, ronaldo would have stayed out there. but when ronaldinho was gone, felipao decided (correctly) that it would be smarter to rest ronaldo with a 2x1 lead and down to 10 men and instead put in edilson to dribble and run around with the ball and eat the clock. ronaldo will be ok.

gilberto silva, kleberson and ricardinho would be HOT in the midfield, but i don't know if it'll happen. we would dominate the midfield with tough tackles, good ball control/possession and nice passes to rivaldo, so he can do the damage.

feliapo and the brazil players KNOW that they can make it to the final if they just play well. they are better than turkey, and they will win if they play as well as they can. that's a simple fact. this world cup is just waiting for brazil to take it. when will brazil ever be in such a great position again: in the last four with turkey, south korea and an old, weak german team.

if brazil loses to turkey and throws away the world cup, it will be a more shameful loss than the france 98 final. brazil has one hand on the trophy, and felipao knows that. he won't let brazil lose.

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
All I can say is ,we'll finish the Job once in for all.Who do you think we'll play in the Final?I think it will be Korea.

·
Registered
334 Posts
ZE' I SHARE YOUR OPINION ABOUT RICARDINHO

anyhow' edilson is not such a bad option against a team as physical and revenge - hungry like these turks

They will definitely go for Rivaldo. Try to injure him or worse

I just hope the referee will know how to act/

I have some premonition that this game will not end with 22 players

If the turks will forget about revenge and play serene and concentrated (I hope that it will not occure) they have better chance

We are two steps from paradise, so let's hope for the best

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
I think this will be a tough match. Turkey defintly wants revenge for the defeat (fair or not) against Brazil in the groupstage. They also come with newlly rewarded selfconfidence.

How ever I hope and thinks Brazil will win this one. I hope the FIFA comity do something right and takes of the "Mickey Mouse" ban they gave Ronaldinho. If he will be suspended and Ronaldo can´t play because of his injury I hope Scolari uses Denilson in Ronaldinho´s postion and Romário in Ronaldo... Opps, just wishfull thinking, I´d go for Luizao. A couple of years ago I thought Denilson-Ronaldo were going to be the next Garrincha-Pelé couple...

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
It's going to be a huge battle, war and I fear the Turkish players but don't think we'll play like last time because our players are now flowing together and Big Phil has made a big happy family out of us, trust me we'll beat them. ;)

I feel much better about Ronaldo now, Ronaldinho only has a 1 match ban but it's disgraceful those greedy bums over there at Fifa were thinking of giving him a 2 match ban. :mad: :fero: It's a shame!

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
hey guys anybody knows who r the match officias? give me some feedback. This match is going to be a heated one. Need somebody competant enough to officiate the match. I am praying FIFA doesn't decide to screw the last of the favourites.:eek:

·
Registered
107 Posts
carlito said:
England did not have what it takes to beat you(creative organized midfielders) and we do.
Sorry, what are Scholes and Beckham?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Re: CAFU

falcao said:
Has anyone ever played in three consecutive World Cup finals besides Cafu?
Falcão, not even Cafu yet. Yes that would be a record, but we still aren't in the finals!

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
cariboca said:

Sorry, what are Scholes and Beckham?
maybe i misled you. They had, but di they do anjything? Our midfielders are doing their job very well right now and England could not.

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
btw, what do you mean by "being taught the existence of Byzantine? Empire!" on the poll:confused: :dazed: :confused:

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
carlito said:
But that would be the beginning of the tournament. England did not have what it takes to beat you(creative organized midfielders) and we do.

Rafael;
I really fear he may start Sukur again...i really fear this...Ilhan is a much better player currently, be it finishing most importantly ( noone would know this but he was the top scorer in the turkish league this past season with 22 goals), then dribbling, passing, pace and the best of all, some f*ucking AMBITION which clearly does not exist in Hakan. I really do not know what has happenned to this man, I believe he has some serious psychological problems. I am not making fun of him, I really think he has mental issues because he is not concentrated at all!
but coach may start him again, see how he does in the first half and substitute with Ilhan later on. He will also see a lot of pressure from the media, so I am still hopeful for Ilhan in line up.

Dont fool yourselves thinking the players will go out there and attack on rivaldo etc. That will not happen! They got their lesson in the first game, they are not that idiots.
Wat will happen to Hakan Suker if he score the only goal of the match against Bra and Bra was eliminated. He will be a hero-reborn all over again! Well juz my silly thought.

Bra will win this 1.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts