Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After the good win agaisnt venezuela.... now we play Paraguay.

Hopefully at the end of the round we will end up with a bigger goal difference to Chile so we can play the last game for a draw;)

RG is probably gonna make some changes... he will take Daniel carvalho out and put a DM

He might put Rockmback or Dudu.... let's hope he puts both of them and takes Paulo Almeida out.

Probable line up:

Gomes

Maicon Edu Dracena Alex Maxwell

Dudu Paulo Almeida

Elano Diego

Robinho Dagoberto

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
DID YOU SEE MAICON'S GOAL? Brazil's 3rd goal in the 3x0 victory? :eekani:

If you haven't... look it up. You won't be sorry. :star: :dazed:

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
I would love to see this team against the big one with ronaldo and co, btw I dont think Kaka is missed at all

·
Registered
5,571 Posts
jack goff said:
I would love to see this team against the big one with ronaldo and co, btw I dont think Kaka is missed at all
He is the best player of the team, of course he is missed!

The team played well, but Paraguay is pathetically weak and somewhat violent IMO.

Despite the goal by Maicon, I still think that Daniel should take his place. I didn't like Elano tonight, but I hope he can recover... any news on his injuries?

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
Despite the goal by Maicon, I still think that Daniel should take his place
Has the spirit of Hector Cuper taken over your soul?

Sure Kaka could be missed but so far it seems this team is so good for this particular competition that he wont be a determinating factor for brazil to win or not

·
Administrator
29,698 Posts
I think it is too much for so little - Paraguay could actually hold Brazil in the first half , a bit due violence - but the problem of the big number of small players showed up. Until actually the second goal Robinho was absent, and after that Brazil seemed to make paraguay gave up violence and played easily. Of course, The down of moral after such goal of Maicon makes thing easy.
We know they have talent (People should know Gomes is a good keeper, but Casangrande moronic Marcos's crusade keeps up) but so far it have been nothing to play against to get any motivation. Paraguay and Venezuela are not adversaries good enough to make a good judgment.

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
Do you guys really think Paraguay was violent? I just think they were playing tough but most of the time on the ball.

I have been really dissapointed with Diego so far, he is having Ortega syndrome and forgets to play football to frequent for my taste. And we sure need a better striker Dagoberto is too weak as a finisher, we have great players in defence and mid but we are lacking a good foward.

Rochemback was a nice surprise, played really well and gave some great passes. I also hope to see Daniel C back since he was our best player against Venezuela.

·
Administrator
29,698 Posts
Rochemback was the best player in the field. His improvement in the last year is so clear. From the player that one option was the long distance kicking he developed more mobility and vision of his team mates.

·
Registered
5,571 Posts
jack goff said:
Has the spirit of Hector Cuper taken over your soul?

Sure Kaka could be missed but so far it seems this team is so good for this particular competition that he wont be a determinating factor for brazil to win or not
No, I just know what I'm talking about.

Wait until we face an actual good team, just like against Mexico in the Gold Cup...

By the way, how can Paulo Almeida be in thsi team? He is below average IMO.

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Paraguay wasn't so violent. Just a bit rough. Almost half our players are very lightweight, so we get the impression that the opposition is using excessive force.

I agree, Rochembach was the best yesterday. Dagoberto was far from convincing and probably should be benched for Marcel (and in the Olympics, Marcel should be benched for Adriano). ;)

We still haven't seen these kids against a truly qualified defense; Paraguay was a disappointment. But Maicon's goal was SUPERB. :star:

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Would be nice to hear a comparison of
Maicon vs Daniel,strength and weaknesses
I´ve seen Daniel and think he´s a lot about mobility
Perhaps Maicon is a bit more about strength
more comparable with Mancine
weakness in defence?
Daniel perhaps a bit better making passes?

And what about Marcel vs Adriano?
I sure hope we dont through in Ronaldo
but let some other guys get some experience so
we have back-up for Ronaldo in 2006

·
Administrator
29,698 Posts
I think end is being unfair with Marcel. He deserved a chance and observation. Between him and Adriano...Hmmm, Adriano is much more strong and powerful, his kicking is much superior. Marcel have a bit of mobility but for long range...In the Olympic neither will have this place- Since He said he wants to go and If he says and it is ok with Real He will be there ( I did not became Dagoods and started to refer to him in some religious way, I just answering your request and do go though him :D ).

Maicon is not similar of the powerful but somehow stylish Mancine. He is more a player with long leaps , speed. His passing is not much better or worse and his defense is more focused than Mancine in the sense he does a better covering of the positions than Mancine. Daniel is more similar to Cicinho, speed but a lot of ball control. But alike mancine, his skills make him a bit displicent in the denfense..

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
I would not like to see Ronaldo playing, give a chance to younger players like Adriano. It would be good to see how Adriano would fair under pressure.

Also I don´t see a great striker coming from our youth and that worries me a bit.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Thanx JCamilo
But I still think Ronaldo shouldn´t be there
I agree totally with Liternit
Nadson should be an option
But this year there has arrived a lot of talents of mid 80 generation.
Diego Tardelli?,Vagner?,Fernandinho among others

·
Honourable Mention, October 2011 Photo Contest
18,041 Posts
Ole said that the goal from the brazilian defender was awesome, was it? or exagerated as always in Ole

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
Fangio said:
Ole said that the goal from the brazilian defender was awesome, was it? or exagerated as always in Ole
it was awesome, he ran from half the pitch all the way to the box dribbling the keeper. Of course there was not a great challenge since when he began the run defenders covered the attacking players creating space for him to push foward.

But it was pretty :) seemed like that goal from Maradona againts england. Specially the part inside the box

1 - 20 of 34 Posts