Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Banned
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys,

can you guys pin out the team that should face us in Berlin.

Also, how do you guys view this game.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Pletikosa....he means BUTINA
Tomas R.Kovac Simunic
Babic N.Kovac Tudor Srna
Kranjcar
Klasnic Prso

You really cant be serious about Pleti, and yes I know he played a good game yesterday but lets not forgett now he is a sub par goalie. Argentina really didnt make him work yesterday at all and the WC is no place to experiment and hmmmmm lets see if Pleti will play ok because a few years ago he played great......lets give him a shot against Brazil!!!! I dont think so.

·
Registered
10,611 Posts
I think the line-up should be this, based on what we saw yesterday against Argentina: 3-4-1-2

Butina

Tudor-R.Kovac-Simunic

Srna-N.Kovac-Modric-Babic

Kranjcar

Klasnic-Prso

Srna will surely play the right wing back/midfield position, the left is for Babic ;)

Oh and I still prefer Tomas on the bench as a sub.

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
i agree with this line-up, with Olic coming on in the second-half for Klasnic, to bash the exhausted defenders.
Only Cico scares me a bit with his 4-2-3-1 "vision", i hope he won't be that crazy to totally change a superb working formation right before the world-cup. It went wrong already against ireland...

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
Ze da Fiel said:
Also, how do you guys view this game.

i think we have a good chance to surprise,
brazil maybe won't take this group-phase too serious with the "3 underdogs"
croatia,japan and australia, we can probably use that to our advantage.

·
Banned
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We know it will be tough group. Actually, after Argentina's group, I think our group is the second toughest one, which is good for us to have some challenge and not let our players relax.

·
Keyboard Hero
8,368 Posts
Tudor in a right back position is plain wrong.

He has to be in the middle, either as a stopper or as a defensive mid. I prefer the def. mid.

Butina will start, but something tells me Pleti's connections might get him into the first 11.

All in all though, I like our roster, it's great to have so many options.

Cheersch

·
Registered
10,611 Posts
Ljubuski in a 3-5-2 there is no right back or left back, just center backs, now yes there are LCB and RCB but not out and out left and right backs. Plus if really neccessary Tudor can play right in the middle and have Simunic and R.Kovac to either side of him.

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
Ljubuski

I actually totally agree with you on that one. Playing Tudor anywhere but in the middle is just not properly using your weapons. I really thought Tudor was a commanding force vs Arg, he headed out cross after cross and ended Argentian attacks with strong challenges time and again.

He is definately better suited for Def Mid though.

·
Registered
36,109 Posts
He was terrible in the first half though. Second half in the Tudor we all want.

Izbornikove slatke brige, Modric is a revelation, even at that puvucen mid position. It's gonna be interesting to see who will cement his place by june, I don't see N. Kovac losing his spot or Tudor being benched...Srna and Babic are a must so again you have Niko and Luka eying up one spot.

Is Modric related to Cico?

:D

·
Registered
99 Posts
Pletikosa (he almost returned to his past great performance)

R.Kovac Tudor Simunic (with these defenders nobody can score a goal)

N.Kovac (the regulator)

Srna Kranjcar Modric Babic (Super offensive players)

Klasnic Prso (Prso is enough, how it will be if there is a Klasnic also!!!!)

·
Registered
10,611 Posts
NeMeR exactly :thumbsup: only I would still stick with Butina untill someone like Turina or Galinovic get a fair shot, or very unlikely Pletikosa returns to superb form.

·
Registered
52 Posts
NeMeR said:
Pletikosa (he almost returned to his past great performance)

R.Kovac Tudor Simunic (with these defenders nobody can score a goal)

N.Kovac (the regulator)

Srna Kranjcar Modric Babic (Super offensive players)

Klasnic Prso (Prso is enough, how it will be if there is a Klasnic also!!!!)

u cannot leave modric out of the squad, he should start. anyone who thinks that tudor should be def mid is dead wrong... tudor did well in the def mid position yes, but that was because we had no one else to put in mid that could do anything. modric is the missing link... modric and kranjcar perfect!

nemers' lineup is perfect!

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
that's what i think also, we already played a couple of matches with tudor-kovac-simunic at the begining of the qualifications and this trio didn't concede a single goal,
and the only reason why we pushed tudor to the midfield was that Vranjes just sucked, especially in the offensive part, Vranjes couldn't play a single accurate pass.
But Tudor is naturally a defender, he is heavy and tall, and i think he can give his best as center-back. There is no need playing him as DM anymore, when we now have Modric.

·
Registered
7,499 Posts
50 Lipa said:
But Tudor is naturally a defender, he is heavy and tall, and i think he can give his best as center-back. There is no need playing him as DM anymore, when we now have Modric.
This is true, and I also would like this to happen. But, I'd wait a couple of more games before counting on Modric 100%. Granted, he had a great game, but it's still too soon to consider him a first team regular.

·
Keyboard Hero
8,368 Posts
50 Lipa said:
istina,treba se jos dalje dokazati, ali ja vjerujem cvrsto u njega ;)
I think we all do.

I saw him play in Toronto and was so impressed at his ball control at full-pace I couldn't believe it.

But on this squad, with the options available to Cico I don't think there's anyone who deserves that 100% spot, other than Dado Prso.

I really, really believe we can do damage this year. Just as much as we could have the last Euros.

Awesome development this week.

Cheersch

1 - 20 of 51 Posts